Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marco Fu

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnie is 42. But he has the speed and the snooker brain of a 25 year old man. You see people getting slower and slower in their late 30's but he's like getting even quicker. He looks so much healthier than the same aged Higgins.

I think ROS is the prime example that we should all do as much sports as possible.

I got a bit silly regarding sports if I'm honest. Used to do a lot of swiming. Need to get back to it again.

Me 2. Used to go to the gym a lot. But have let it slide too much in recent time. Time to get back to it.

I couldn't exercise for 4 weeks because I fractured a rib in early December. Heading into Christmas I was feeling very flat, and I could feel the black dog of depression hovering. I was able to start exercising again ten days ago and I feel completely different, like Dan again.

I do between 15 to 30 minutes each morning, simple circuit training exercises. Two different kinds of press-up, reverse lunges that sort of thing. Even on a short 15 minute workout, that's about 10 sets of exercises - around 100 press-ups.

Exercise is fundamental to healthy brain function. When I don't exercise, it just starts misfiring... and for me depression is never far away. Exercise keeps it at bay.

Well said.Hard to beat that glowing feeling after a hard workout.I try do 3-4 gym sessions per week and a good hour outdoor walk/jog twice a week.Change it around sometimes.Your right Dan,if i lapse on the exercise for more than a week or two i dont feel well in myself.Less talking,more walking.

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Well said.Hard to beat that glowing feeling after a hard workout.I try do 3-4 gym sessions per week and a good hour outdoor walk/jog twice a week.Change it around sometimes.Your right Dan,if i lapse on the exercise for more than a week or two i dont feel well in myself.Less talking,more walking.

There is a direct correlation for the amount of negative thought patterns I have when I don't exercise. I've noticed this time and time again.

I made some notes in my iphone:

When I exercise regualarly...

I'm happier
i have less negative thought patterns
I am able to be non-reactive more readily
I'm kinder to people

Postby sundaygirl

Dan-cat wrote:Marco Fu's 35 is a new record for the fewest points scored in a match at the masters.

Ricky Walden had the previous record of 39. Guess who his opponent was?

Hopefully now whenever Ronnie’s being unplayable the pundits will reference this game and not mention Ricky.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:I'M THE KING OF SNOOKER ISLAND!

memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist

You're also one of it's oldest members. :hatoff:
Just watched all of the comments out here, I'm gutted I couldn't see the match live
Darn organizers, putting Ronnie's match on a Tuesday. :grrr:

I'm glad he gave an amazing performance though, gonna watch the match on youtube :-D

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Just watched all of the comments out here, I'm gutted I couldn't see the match live

I'm glad he gave an amazing performance though, gonna watch the match on youtube :-D

You will not be disappointed

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

You will not be disappointed

That's the great part. I already know what a treat I'm gonna get. :happy:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Just finished watching the match, Ronnie was majestic. :clap:
With the 3 tons he got today, he's on 49 tons this season. His record for a season is 53, he'll definitely smash that this year. Not sure he'll reach 100 though.
I predict 60 or 70 cause I don't think he'll play in many more tourneys.