Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ding Junhui v Ryan Day

Postby Deewee

snucar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:This repeating of his poor Masters record is rather shallow, just look at this guy's season. Ding should be nowhere near the top 16!

He did win a ranker.

This is exactly what's saving Ding year after year. Winning something in China the past 5 years. Quiz question: when was the last time Ding's won a ranker in the UK? How many of his 13 rankers Ding's won in the UK where the pressure is higher and the field is fuller? This year Ding has to defend that fluke world final ranking points, it will be interesting to see his ranking position for the next season. He's gonna get exposed once again (already got out of the top 16 once), the guy stopped being a contender half a decade ago!

Since that fluke world final, he's earned the 5th most ranking points, 100k ahead of 6th place. Not going to be dropping out of the top 16 for a while. Even this season he's 8th in ranking points.

Postby Pink Ball

snucar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:This repeating of his poor Masters record is rather shallow, just look at this guy's season. Ding should be nowhere near the top 16!

He did win a ranker.

This is exactly what's saving Ding year after year. Winning something in China the past 5 years. Quiz question: when was the last time Ding's won a ranker in the UK? How many of his 13 rankers Ding's won in the UK where the pressure is higher and the field is fuller? This year Ding has to defend that fluke world final ranking points, it will be interesting to see his ranking position for the next season. He's gonna get exposed once again (already got out of the top 16 once), the guy stopped being a contender half a decade ago!

Good thing he also fluked his way to a world semi-final the year after fluking his way to the final. Surely he can't fluke his way to the one-table set-up for a fourth time in his abysmal career?

Also, are ranking titles in the UK more important than ranking titles won elsewhere? (Excluding the UK Championship and World Championship, obviously, though he has won the former twice and played in the one-table set-up in both of the the last two years in the latter)?
Last edited by Pink Ball on 16 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
snucar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

He did win a ranker.

Good thing he also fluked his way to a world semi-final the year after fluking his way to the final. Surely he can't fluke his way to the one-table set-up for a fourth time in his abysmal career?

Also, are ranking titles in the UK more important than ranking titles won elsewhere? (Excluding the UK Championship and World Championship, obviously, though he has won the former twice and played in the one-table set-up in both of the the last two years in the latter)?

What's your opinion of the Chinese as a race, out of interest? And yeah, I think that may be relevant here.

rofl

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Ding said Day played like Superman to beat him today.Dont think so Ding you were pants.

Ding was rubbish.

Who is he codding coming out with that claptrap?He was like a club player at times.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:Ding said Day played like Superman to beat him today.Dont think so Ding you were pants.

Did Ding really say that?

I think I might give him the benefit of the doubt. His English ain't the greatest.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:

Did Ding really say that?

I think I might give him the benefit of the doubt. His English ain't the greatest.

I read it on some site.Said after poor start he didnt miss a thing.

Postby snucar

Pink Ball wrote:

Joe Swail played in two semis at the Crucible, should I consider him an all time great? Yes, UK events are harder to win because they usually have the full field to play against and the crowds are much larger than the deserted Chinese ones, by both players (lots of players are choosing not to play them) and fans. The pressure is much higher in the UK.

Pink Ball wrote:What's your opinion of the Chinese as a race, out of interest? And yeah, I think that may be relevant here.

You sure can change from a decent fellow to a hammer in a blink of an eye, don't you? Are you accusing me of being racist by any chance? You're free to do that, but please provide proof to back up that opinion otherwise shut the buck up! That was a shitty thing to do.

Postby snucar

Pink Ball wrote:The pressure is not much higher in the U.K. That is nonsense. All tournaments start out with largely fullfiekds now. Actually, I think Scotland and Northern Ireland were missing a certain World Champion

Scotland and Ireland were missing the world champion because the said world champion has almost double the ranking points from the second best and he was willing to prepare for the UK. It is quite a unique situation. At the Chinese tournaments you can count at least 5-6 big absences every single year.

Postby Pink Ball

snucar wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:What's your opinion of the Chinese as a race, out of interest? And yeah, I think that may be relevant here.

You sure can change from a decent fellow to a hammer in a blink of an eye, don't you? Are you accusing me of being racist by any chance? You're free to do that, but please provide proof to back up that opinion otherwise shut the buck up! That was a shitty thing to do.

Better than being a hammer at all times.

And brilliant comparison withJoe Swail, Mr Objectivity. I would never have thought to compare a zero-time ranking event winner with a 13-time ranking event winner who has played in four one-table matches...because it's positively bucking imbecilic.

Your dislike of Ding is odd. Other posters here dislike Ding for reasons I can understand. You judge him by different standards to the ones you apply to every other player. I've noticed you.

Postby Pink Ball

snucar wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:The pressure is not much higher in the U.K. That is nonsense. All tournaments start out with largely fullfiekds now. Actually, I think Scotland and Northern Ireland were missing a certain World Champion

Scotland and Ireland were missing the world champion because the said world champion has almost double the ranking points from the second best and he was willing to prepare for the UK. It is quite a unique situation. At the Chinese tournaments you can count at least 5-6 big absences every single year.

Why does he play the Chinese events then?

Keep digging pal.

Postby snucar

Pink Ball wrote:Why does he play the Chinese events then?

Have you ever heard what a sponsorship obligation is, "pal"? Why am I even bothering with you? Let's stick with the tits or ass crap, you seem very knowledgeable in that.

Postby Pink Ball

snucar wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why does he play the Chinese events then?

Have you ever heard what a sponsorship obligation is, "pal"? Why am I even bothering with you? Let's stick with the tits or ass crap, you seem very knowledgeable in that.

Haha, sponsorship obligation only applies to China?

Pal, you're rattled. A humiliating exposure of your lack of snooker knowledge by a master.

Postby snucar

Pink Ball wrote:.

Your dislike of Ding is odd. Other posters here dislike Ding for reasons I can understand. You judge him by different standards to the ones you apply to every other player. I've noticed you.

I'll say this one last time. You're clearly implying that I've made racist comments in this forum against Ding. Provide those comments and report me to the mods. Or I will do it for you. You seem to know the procedure, judging by your history around here.

Pink Ball wrote:Haha, sponsorship obligation only applies to China?

If the said sponsor is Chinese, yes!

Postby Pink Ball

Actually, you're right. I will delete that aspect of my comment, and I was wrong to comment that. I've gotten sick of your stupid, illogical comments about Ding over the last three years (I feel you judge him incredibly harshly) and I snapped -- but that's no excuse.

I will gladly serve a ban, because, if I'm honest, I deserve one. What I said went way beyond 'banter' and I have no defence.