Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ding Junhui v Ryan Day

Postby hendry_fan

And Ryan finishes Ding off with a classy *115*.

I,m don,t really know if i feel sorry for Ding or not,you know what,on this occasion i aint,he made bucketfulls of mistakes,did,nt deserve to win.

Well done to Ryan,he also made some silly errors,but he rattled in 3 tons and of course upped his game,so full credit for that. :clap: <ok>

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:That misscue when in a leading position in frame 7 was the turning point.To miss it was bad enough.To leave a free ball in perfect position on the black was braindead.

The foul with the rest on the blue also turned things around. Ding was set to level at 4-4 and instead found himself 5-3 down.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andre147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:That misscue when in a leading position in frame 7 was the turning point.To miss it was bad enough.To leave a free ball in perfect position on the black was braindead.

The foul with the rest on the blue also turned things around. Ding was set to level at 4-4 and instead found himself 5-3 down.

I missed that but the way he was playing it's exactly something i thought he could do.Like he didn't care if he won which is unforgiveable.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:Who was it who said that Ding was a class above?

Something i will safely never say again in relation to Ding.I cant remember the last time i missed cued and i'm pretty average.

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:

Something i will safely never say again in relation to Ding.I cant remember the last time i missed cued and i'm pretty average.

Does Ding use the new (Taom?) chalk? Apparently it causes more common miscues. We've seen more than usual already this season. Dunno whether Ding uses it though.

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:

I did it on Thursday. Crucial part of the match too. Argh.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

I did it on Thursday. Crucial part of the match too. Argh.

Schoolboy error Dan haha.You deserve to lose if you misscue!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Does Ding use the new (Taom?) chalk? Apparently it causes more common miscues. We've seen more than usual already this season. Dunno whether Ding uses it though.

But less kicks.

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:

I know <doh>

I got a bit grumpy actually. I've been on a losing streak for a bit with my mate. We play first to 9 over several sessions, and I lost 3 black ball games on the spin and he leads 8-4 in the current competition. 3 black ball games in a row!! argh. Chimp control is paramount at this time...

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

I know <doh>

I got a bit grumpy actually. I've been on a losing streak for a bit with my mate. We play first to 9 over several sessions, and I lost 3 black ball games on the spin and he leads 8-4 in the current competition. 3 black ball games in a row!! argh. Chimp control is paramount at this time...

Ouch.3 black ball games in a row?Forget a chimp man.You need a big silver back to sooth that pain.That's rough man.It'sxa bitter pill to swallow losing a black ball.But three?I cant imagine the pain!

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Flippin eck!,i,ve almost downed a whole pack of quality street and we aint even gotten to the MSI yet,greedy,gutsy me!.

I only have an Orange cream and a fudge left. :emb: <laugh>

Looks like i,ll have to open a box of Celebrations. :emb: :-D

Quality Street by name.Quality sweets by flavour.Love them.Except for the Strawberry ones.I leave them for last.Or dont eat them at all.Bring back the coffee sweets as they were tasty buggers.

Don't be dissing Strawberry Cream. Best flavour by far.

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:This repeating of his poor Masters record is rather shallow, just look at this guy's season. Ding should be nowhere near the top 16!

He did win a ranker.

This is exactly what's saving Ding year after year. Winning something in China the past 5 years. Quiz question: when was the last time Ding's won a ranker in the UK? How many of his 13 rankers Ding's won in the UK where the pressure is higher and the field is fuller? This year Ding has to defend that fluke world final ranking points, it will be interesting to see his ranking position for the next season. He's gonna get exposed once again (already got out of the top 16 once), the guy stopped being a contender half a decade ago!

Postby Dan-cat

snucar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:This repeating of his poor Masters record is rather shallow, just look at this guy's season. Ding should be nowhere near the top 16!

He did win a ranker.

This is exactly what's saving Ding year after year. Winning something in China the past 5 years. Quiz question: when was the last time Ding's won a ranker in the UK? How many of his 13 rankers Ding's won in the UK where the pressure is higher and the field is fuller? This year Ding has to defend that fluke world final ranking points, it will be interesting to see his ranking position for the next season. He's gonna get exposed once again (already got out of the top 16 once), the guy stopped being a contender half a decade ago!

If anything the pressure when he plays in China must be greater.

Postby Wildey

snucar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

He did win a ranker.

he has only won 4 rankers in the UK and one of those was in Northern Ireland in 2006.

the Last UK Based tournament he won was a PTC in Scotland December 2012

some might not like it but you have a very valid point.