Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ding Junhui v Ryan Day

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Hey guys - I hate to see and hear people falling out when we should all be united in our love of the game. We have a lot in common, and should take pleasure in enjoying that. You are both great posters, and I hope I have gone some way to smoothing things over. Snucar - is it because Pinkball is Irish?

Postby Andre147

Up until his 2011 Masters title, Ding used to perform very well on UK soil, but since then his best results have come in China.

When he plays in the UK Ding only seems to be motivated at the World Champs now. Can't say I blame him, but still for a player of his class his UK tournaments have been very very poor.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Day played great from 3-0 down. Made 3 centuries and a couple of good clearances too.

Some of the best stuff I've seen him play.

And his Riga Masters title has given him confidence when the pressure is put on him in recent matches. he used to bottle matches like this, but recently he won 3 consecutive deciders at the UK and in this match made some cracking clearances.

The Day of old would bottle this match and one of those deciders.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:The pressure is not much higher in the U.K. That is nonsense. All tournaments start out with largely fullfiekds now. Actually, I think Scotland and Northern Ireland were missing a certain World Champion

your right all tournaments are presurised and for Ding playing in china thats more pressure than any british player has ever felt.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:The pressure is not much higher in the U.K. That is nonsense. All tournaments start out with largely fullfiekds now. Actually, I think Scotland and Northern Ireland were missing a certain World Champion

your right all tournaments are presurised and for Ding playing in china thats more pressure than any british player has ever felt.

Bang on.

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:Here's an interesting point of view on the matter (UK-China tournaments) that I 've just discovered on youtube, while trying to find tonight's match...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKv5C-gWavE&t=10m25s

Robbo said that the UK tournaments have a big crowd 'every time'. Sadly, that's demonstrably not true.

Postby Wildey

For the Record Pink Ball reported himself regarding the incident between snucar and him regarding Racism Coments.

He believed he went over the top with his coments towards snucar and has taken full responsibility for that which i aplaud.

ive made the decition based on the fact that hes owned up and taken responsability to just issue him with a warning.

i think we all agree snooker gets our pulses racing and at times it gets heated and you regret it as soon as you have said it i know i have.

so let the matter drop and enjoy the snooker.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:For the Record Pink Ball reported himself regarding the incident between snucar and him regarding Racism Coments.

He believed he went over the top with his coments towards snucar and has taken full responsibility for that which i aplaud.

ive made the decition based on the fact that hes owned up and taken responsability to just issue him with a warning.

i think we all agree snooker gets our pulses racing and at times it gets heated and you regret it as soon as you have said it i know i have.

so let the matter drop and enjoy the snooker.

Well said Wild, and you also made the right decision. <ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:Thanks to Wildey for the kind words, but any praise should be directed to Snucar, who was very gravious in drawing a line in the sand about this thing.

Anyway -- back to the snooker.

You sure can change from a hammer to a decent fellow in a millisecond, can't you?

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:IMHO although PinkBall loves to act the hammer he actually isn’t one at heart.

Before the wife started going out with me, she said "everyone thinks you're a idiot, but they like you".

At least 50% of that is true of me.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:IMHO although PinkBall loves to act the hammer he actually isn’t one at heart.

Before the wife started going out with me, she said "everyone thinks you're a idiot, but they like you".

You've often said you like me, so, yeah.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

You've often said you like me, so, yeah.

No. I was trying to make a joke that everybody thought I was a hammer.

Didn't work, obviously.