Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Mark Allen v Luca Brecel

Postby eraserhead

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Does the winner of this match play Williams?

Nope. Winner plays Ronnie or Fu. Williams plays against the winner of the Hawkins/Wilson match.

When's Ronn playing ?

Tuesday I think.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:For me, The Masters is now a more entertaining tournament than the UK these days.

I agree with that.Second best tournament for me.

Masters is bullocks compared to what it could and should be.

So are you.

DECLINE :chuckle:

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Martin O Neill has refused Stoke job.Nooooo we're stuck with the moody git and his sidekick Roy Keane now.Terrible news.

As a Villa fan I feel your pain.

At least he can't saddle the Irish team with a bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds on ridiculous wages and then walk out days before the season starts...

Didn't he get Villa to a few top 6 finishes in League?I thought ye liked him there?

He did, but he also flaunted at least 1 great chance to get into the Champions League when we were 3rd in February, because of his complete refusal to rotate the squad which meant that every season, the team would be knackered by March and our form would inevitably crumble from then on. His transfer dealings were atrocious, offering insanely high wages to old, average players. He also put out a second string team in the Europa League last 16 (I think) when we should have had a great opportunity to go far in the tournament, and of course we got destroyed. Then when he walked out days before the start of the 2010 season, that soured a lot of Villa fans' opinions of him.

He's a managerial dinosaur. Brilliant motivator, terrible tactician, terrible transfer market operator. He must have a lot of friends in the media to get away with what he has.

Having said all that, I actually think he's done a decent job in Ireland so far considering the squad you guys have at the moment. But international management plays to his strengths in a way. And he's still an arrogant pin end.

Good to here a passionate appraisal from a fan of a club he managed.I,like you,find him very arrogant.As i said already,walking out on three tv interviews because he didn't like the line of questioni g pussed off a lot of people.So did his constant public mentionig about how we could do with a young Robbie Keane in the team which was a terrible insult to the likes of Shane Long (limited as he is).
And yes,your right,we have a very average team at present with a worrying lack of players coming through.As one of the host coties for the next Euros it will be important to qualify but the extra teams allowed will make that a little easier.Very few good teams in international football anymore.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:For me, The Masters is now a more entertaining tournament than the UK these days.

For Hendry the Masters has always been bigger than the UK Championship. And in Hendrys early career the UK had a bo31 final!.

Even though some people still believe he says that because he couldn't break or even equal Davis 6 UK titles at the UK while he was the recordholder at the Masters for a long time.

~
I actually think he rated the Masters higher.

And at the UK aside from his 5 titles he also lost 5 other finals.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Does the winner of this match play Williams?

Nope. Winner plays Ronnie or Fu. Williams plays against the winner of the Hawkins/Wilson match.

When's Ronn playing ?

Tuesday I think.

Yeah. Tuesday afternoon.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:Isn't the defending champ supposed to play on the opening day in the afternoon?

Last year it was like that anyway.

No. That is at Wimbledon.

Anyway, 3-3 now.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Isn't the defending champ supposed to play on the opening day in the afternoon?

Last year it was like that anyway.

I was thinking this the other day. It usually is.

The only other time I've noticed the defending champion didn't do it, Ronnie was also champion.

As Ronnie played opening day last year, and also against Ding the year Ding was champion, I reckon it's purely coincidental.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Like a good turf fire,this game is warming up nicely.

Does turf burn?

...you're kidding, right?

Nah - didn't know that

I'd never given it much thought.