Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Mark Selby v Mark J Williams

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Andre

It isn't about the rankings. It is about the length of matches. It is why Selby has won 3 out of the last 4 World Championships. Williams wouldn't stand a chance against Selby at The Crucible.

Snooker is similar to boxing in the sense that styles make matches.
For example, Ronnie has always played great against all out attacking players like Williams and Murphy, but he has had very tough matches against percentage players like Higgins or grinders like Selbo.
On the other hand, the likes of MJW and the Hawk have always fared very well against Selbo. It doesn't seem to bother them when the frames go scrappy.

Snooker is nothing like Boxing. <doh>

Almost all sports get compared to boxing, for some reason.

Every time a snooker match goes 2-2, it gets referred to by pundiys as being like a boxing match that goes blow for blow.

It's not very good analogy.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Andre

It isn't about the rankings. It is about the length of matches. It is why Selby has won 3 out of the last 4 World Championships. Williams wouldn't stand a chance against Selby at The Crucible.

Snooker is similar to boxing in the sense that styles make matches.
For example, Ronnie has always played great against all out attacking players like Williams and Murphy, but he has had very tough matches against percentage players like Higgins or grinders like Selbo.
On the other hand, the likes of MJW and the Hawk have always fared very well against Selbo. It doesn't seem to bother them when the frames go scrappy.

Snooker is nothing like Boxing. <doh>

It annoys me when we compare snooker to tennis and darts as well.

We should compare other sports to snooker. Snooker is the best one.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Couldn't watch so read the blow by blow on here this morning. sounds like a cracker! What would I do without SI.

Good morning D-c,

How r u doin?,hope you started 2018 well?.

Mine could,nt have started better,since the 30th of Dec,i,ve been battlin against a fierce flu,i,ve managed to get rid of most of it,but i still feel weak,tired,low. >-(

Postby Dan-cat

Morning mate, yeah plenty of that about I had a friend down for a week. Glad u feeling better :-D

2018 has been a bit wobbly for me so far, but life goes up and down and you just have to fasten the seatbelt and enjoy the ride. It can't all be gravy all the time.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Morning mate, yeah plenty of that about I had a friend down for a week. Glad u feeling better :-D

2018 has been a bit wobbly for me so far, but life goes up and down and you just have to fasten the seatbelt and enjoy the ride. It can't all be gravy all the time.

"but life goes up and down and you just have to fasten the seatbelt and enjoy the ride. It can't all be gravy all the time".

Don,t tell me bout it,i,ve had plenty of ups n downs,but then again,who has,nt. :-)

I like gravy,but havin it everyday would be extremely boring. ;-) <laugh>

I,m not one to make new years resoultions,as i rarely see them through,but i do want to make a few adjustments in my life,the main one being=,i,m gonna concentrate on people who do me good,who are good for me,i,m sometimes too open n freindly,thats all very well,but it can attract,hmmm,wait a min,i have the word on the top of my tongue,.....

,..........ah yeah,"Numptys" is the word i was lookin for. <laugh>

If i meet someone and i notice that they aint my type or i have nuthin in common with them,then i aint gonna waste time with them,there,s so many diffrent types of people in our BIG world,one can,t get on with everyone,so better to leave em be.

I decided to stop contact with 2 so-called freinds,as they have totally changed over the last few months,they,ve become very dominant and are almost always of a diffrent opinion,no matter what we talk about,too dominent for my taste,i still have more than enough freinds who still are my type,so it,s no BIG deal that i got rid of 2.

So,enuff of the philosophizeing,enjoy the snooker mate. :-D

Postby Chalk McHugh

hendry_fan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Morning mate, yeah plenty of that about I had a friend down for a week. Glad u feeling better :-D

"but life goes up and down and you just have to fasten the seatbelt and enjoy the ride. It can't all be gravy all the time".

Don,t tell me bout it,i,ve had plenty of ups n downs,but then again,who has,nt. :-)

I,m not one to make new years resoultions,as i rarely see them through,but i do want to make a few adjustments in my life,the main one being=,i,m gonna concentrate on people who do me good,who are good for me,i,m sometimes too open n freindly,thats all very well,but it can attract,hmmm,wait a min,i have the word on the top of my tongue,.....

If i meet someone and i notice that they aint my type or i have nuthin in common with them,then i aint gonna waste time with them,there,s so many diffrent types of people in our BIG world,one can,t get on with everyone,so better to leave em be.

I decided to stop contact with 2 so-called freinds,as they have totally changed over the last few months,they,ve become very dominant and are almost always of a diffrent opinion,no matter what we talk about,too dominent for my taste,i still have more than enough freinds who still are my type,so it,s no BIG deal that i got rid of 2.

Seems fair to me.I'm in a little bit of a similiar predicament myself,associating with a few who dont enhance my existance in any way.Changes needed.They will be made.The wheels are already in motion.Good post.

Postby hendry_fan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Seems fair to me.I'm in a little bit of a similiar predicament myself,associating with a few who dont enhance my existance in any way.Changes needed.They will be made.The wheels are already in motion.Good post.

Bcause i,m a freindly,open type of geezer,I sumtimes have,or now better said,had a habit of talkin to people who i know/knew were,nt my type,sometimes i felt as though i had to please,or at least try n please everyone,i,m glad i,ve changed in that thinkin process now though.

You seem a decent geezer Mr McHugh,so i hope the changes you decide to make will work out for the best. <ok> :-)

Postby Iranu

hendry_fan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:You can really feel the love in this thread :love: :limp:

Awwwwwwww,come ere HC,let me give you a hug!. :love: ;-) :-D

So you want to be... Holding Chinaski?

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week.

Postby Alex0paul

Spring was never waiting for us, girl
It ran one step ahead
As we followed in the dance
Between the parted pages and were pressed
In love's hot, fevered iron
Like a striped pair of pants