Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!

Postby Deewee

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Is there any way we can find out who was behind the fugacious appearance of Mildey?
If so, I suggest a 3 month ban, or some type of restorative punishment

It was me.

It was great work - I had assumed it was Pinkball.

Me too. It seemed like his style

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Is there any way we can find out who was behind the fugacious appearance of Mildey?

It was me.

of coarse it was Me ffs lol

You can buck your ban though, it was meant in good spirit.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It was me.

The Ball.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It was me.

Wildey - I don't suppose there is any chance you could re-instate Mildey and ban Pinkball instead?

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It was me.

Wildey - I don't suppose there is any chance you could re-instate Mildey and ban Pinkball instead?

That's a trade-off I could actually buy into

Postby Pink Ball

Mildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Mildey wrote:I cant wait for the masters

Mildly, what are your thoughts on the shootout?

Think its a pile of fucken rubbish mate and should'nt be a ranking event. but At the end of the day that only my opinion,i woulld never be arragant enough to say i am defianatly rite.

if It helps the game then my opinion counts for rubbish at the end of the day lol

I have to say I was a little bit proud of this one

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

It was me.

Thanks for owning up see you in April :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It was me.

Thanks for owning up see you in April :wave:

Great, just in time for the World Championship. <ok>

Postby TheSaviour

Everything don´t need to be perfect. I know that. It is much easier if you can take some hit but still then seeing the light and beyond it and having some people really to root for.

I am just gutted as I can´t post any media-links anymore on the twitter. The Masters starting really soon and everything. They have removed that option, at least from me. To post any media-links.

Ronnie and Selby still are the key men to make the Masters good. They need to play some bad stuff, otherwise it is all ruined again. I know they can, they almost always do that. But they really need to do that again, otherwise it is ruined and all miserable.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 16 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

Snookerbacker's preview:

'Alexandra Palace once again plays host to The Masters from Sunday, the tournament where the top 16 players in the rankings (usually) battle it out for the £200,000 winners prize, with each match up to the two session final played over the best of 11 frames. Hashtag, Bliss.

This year there are two debutants, namely the first time top 16’ers, Scotland’s Anthony McGill and Belgium’s Luca Brecel as well as a returnee after a nine year absence in Ryan Day, who will be playing at this venue for the very first time. The remaining 13 all played here last year, are pretty old hands at this and are well used to the surroundings of London’s main showpiece snooker arena.

So who are the main casualties that are missing out to make way for the three newbies above?

Well, the obvious first one is Neil Robertson, who, although now back into the top 16 (he’s 13th) unfortunately left it one tournament too late to grab a place by winning the Scottish Open in December, after the final cut off date in the rankings for this. The unfortunate Robbo will be joining the Eurosport team and he’s never short of an opinion so that should be an entertaining addition to their coverage for those who prefer them to the BBC.

Secondly, Stuart Bingham, who again though ranked in the top 16 (he’s 11th) is still serving out his suspension for a breach of betting rules, he’ll be back in a few weeks time. This means that both Day (17th) and Liang Wenbo (18th) make the starting line up this time.

Another player who we’d normally expect to see lining up here but isn’t is Stephen Maguire (19th). His poor overall season last year saw him drop down the rankings though he is moving in the right direction again now. Another recent Ally Pally stalwart Joe Perry (21st), also misses out for the same reason, as does Mark King (20th) despite a spirited attempt to creep through the back door unnoticed at the death.

But as ever, despite it being not the top 16 players in the world this year, it’s a great line up and any of the first round matches could, these days especially, be a ranking event final. Highlights for me are the Selby/Williams clash on the opening Sunday afternoon where we hope they can dish up some winter drama to warm us all up. Mark Allen and Luca Brecel is another which I think will be a cracker and very attacking, while as we move into the week we see another crash/bang/wallop encounter between Judd Trump and Liang before Shaun Murphy and Ali Carter lock horns in what usually is a very entertaining match up, we’ll surely see a decider or two in amongst that lot you’d think.

But whoever your personal favourite is, this is one of the snooker weeks of the year and I almost got though the whole of this preamble without mentioning Ronnie O’Sullivan; winner here for the last two seasons and bidding for a further record breaking eighth Masters title, as he already holds the record with seven. It’s quite staggering that after his first title in 1994 it took him a decade to win another one in his own neck of the woods and yet he is still in line to add to this tally. His longevity at the top of the sport alone should quash any arguments about him not being the best player the snooker world has ever seen and he shows no sign of slowing down just yet.'

Click through for more reading where Snookerbacker breaks down each first round match-up... http://www.snookerbacker.com/2018/01/10 ... preview-5/

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK

Neil Fraser @NeilFrasermusi: @SHendry775 Stephen, two questions: who's winning the masters next week, and do you miss competing?

stephen hendry @SHendry775 replied:
Probably Ronnie and yes

No great surprise Hendry picked Ronnie to win.

Firstly, he's the favourite based on recent form.
Secondly, Hendry always goes with the biggest names. If he predicted the winner in every match next week, he'd just pick the highest ranked player, by default.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker‏ @WorldSnooker1
Mark Allen has withdrawn from Group Four of Championship League Snooker for family reasons. His match against Barry Hawkins has been removed from the group table and the group will now continue with six players. Revised fixtures can be found at http://www.championshipleaguesnooker.co.uk

Sounds bad for Allen. I wonder if he'll be at the Ally Pally on Sunday night?

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:

Neil Fraser @NeilFrasermusi: @SHendry775 Stephen, two questions: who's winning the masters next week, and do you miss competing?

Probably Ronnie and yes

Secondly, Hendry always goes with the biggest names. If he predicted the winner in every match next week, he'd just pick the highest ranked player, by default.

He has very high expectations you could say. Always expects and wants the biggest names to play at their absolute peak every match. He doesn't really care about the fact this game has always been about margins.

But I don't mind that kind of attitude. He's honest and if he thinks a player plays rubbish he says it straight out. Unlike someone like Ebdon who calls every player talented and praises them for having a good cue action.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Probably Ronnie and yes

He has very high expectations you could say. Always expects and wants the biggest names to play at their absolute peak every match. He doesn't really care about the fact this game has always been about margins.

But I don't mind that kind of attitude. He's honest and if he thinks a player plays rubbish he says it straight out. Unlike someone like Ebdon who calls every player talented and praises them for having a good cue action.

Yea i prefer Pundit to give a honest opinion of what they themselves think not what fans want to hear.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Probably Ronnie and yes

Yea i prefer Pundit to give a honest opinion of what they themselves think not what fans want to hear.

I prefer pundits that don't talk bullocks. Sadly, there's very few of those about, Hendry included.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Probably Ronnie and yes

I prefer pundits that don't talk bullocks. Sadly, there's very few of those about, Hendry included.

Dont i know it every time you post i think ohh buck more bullocks

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No great surprise Hendry picked Ronnie to win.

Dont i know it every time you post i think ohh buck more bullocks

Yes, but I'm not paid to provide my opinions. I'm just an armchair fan sitting at home watching the snooker.

What's Hendry's excuse?

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Probably Ronnie and yes

Except when you don't like what they genuinely think. I disagree with a lot of Cloud Strife's opinions, but I admire his honesty, because many of his opinions are exactly what most posters here don't want to hear.

You immediately followed this comment by calling his opinions bullocks. Massive contradiction.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Probably Ronnie and yes

Except when you don't like what they genuinely think. I disagree with a lot of Cloud Strife's opinions, but I admire his honesty, because many of his opinions are exactly what most posters here don't want to hear.

You immediately followed this comment by calling his opinions bullocks. Massive contradiction.

its banter.

My genuine opinion of Cloud Strife is hes a good sport yea dont always agree with him but i miss him when hes not on here and same can be said of you there i said it :emb:

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

its banter.

My genuine opinion of Cloud Strife is hes a good sport yea dont always agree with him but i miss him when hes not on here and same can be said of you there i said it :emb:

The feeling's mutual. :hatoff: