Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!

Postby Andre147

Pedro147 wrote:Also small margins - Akani and Trump going in off at massive moments against him in the UK and Players. Difference between a good and great season.

Good point.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:Typical Hendry.

"Shaun Murphy doesn't believe he can beat Ronnie. Murphy has proven he can beat Ronnie."

Hendry just tries to pile the pressure on O'Sullivan so he won't beat his Crucible record.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:Also small margins - Akani and Trump going in off at massive moments against him in the UK and Players. Difference between a good and great season.

Good point.

Also Yan Bingtao at the WGP and John Higgins at the EO were one frame away to knock him out.
Led 3-2 and lost 3-4.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Typical Hendry.

"Shaun Murphy doesn't believe he can beat Ronnie. Murphy has proven he can beat Ronnie."

Hendry just tries to pile the pressure on O'Sullivan so he won't beat his Crucible record.

Rubbish.

Hendry is a massive Hendry fanboy.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Iranu wrote:Numpties and zoos <doh>

Can't help himself can he.

Zoos should be closed down. Animals are not here just to entertain humans.

Never really understood the point of zoos, tbh.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski wrote:Not many Selbo fans posting on here anymore. I guess Ronnie's winning too much. They seem to only post when Ronnie's lost a match.

They do have some egg on their face, some of them, it's understandable they don't want to show their face too much. Just think of Wild with his daffodil business and Skullman and Roland calling Ronnie's decline ... rofl

:goodpost:

Wild, Skullman, Roland, Coland... :wave:

Postby Chalk McHugh

I'm still badly hungover and sick but that clinical Ronnie performance ( minus the usual big breaks ) has cheared me up no end. I echo Erza Scarlets sentiments ; I love you Ronnie!!!

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Iranu wrote:Numpties and zoos <doh>

Can't help himself can he.

Zoos should be closed down. Animals are not here just to entertain humans.

Never really understood the point of zoos, tbh.

Prisons for animals....

Postby Erza Scarlet

I never expected Ronnie to be playing this so damn well at the age of 42 and winning so many ranking tournaments, let alone 5 in a single season, again after last year when he was losing to bloody Chris Wakelin, Holt, Mark Davis, Joyce etc. The man's talent is incredible really. He hadn't won a ranking event for 20 months and we get this :D

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I voted for Brexit. Am I a bad person?

I assume you live in an area with no immigration? The east of England perhaps, where most people are inbred?

Actually, I live in an area that is rampant with immigration. East end of London, to be precise.

Postby kolompar

vodkadiet wrote:

I assume you live in an area with no immigration? The east of England perhaps, where most people are inbred?

Yeah Cloud, you don't know what you miss out on rofl

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie should probably skip China, but the way he's going he has a real shot of winning China and the Worlds.

And Selby won those 2 last season so anything is possible.

Yes because before then, there definitely, absolutely was a curse. Thank god the almighty Selby broke it <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Actually, I live in an area that is rampant with immigration. East end of London, to be precise.

What's your exact address?

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:I never expected Ronnie to be playing this so damn well at the age of 42 and winning so many ranking tournaments, let alone 5 in a single season, again after last year when he was losing to bloody Chris Wakelin, Holt, Mark Davis, Joyce etc. The man's talent is incredible really. He hadn't won a ranking event for 20 months and we get this :D

Hendry's record of 36 will be smashed.

And before anyone says there are now more events, Ronnie at the moment still hasn't entered as many ranking events as Hendry did.

Ronnie could well finish with 40 or more ranking event titles won. He says he doesnt care about records, but you could see how happy he was to equal those 5 won in a season, and playing this like this he could win in China and the most impirtantly the World Title. Selby did this last season and breaking that China Open Curse.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

What's your exact address?

10 Downing Street, Westminster, London

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie fans have zero faith in him, until he wins. Then they gloat because Selby fans doubt him.

Some of his fans, certainly not me. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie fans have zero faith in him, until he wins. Then they gloat because Selby fans doubt him.

Not me. I'm a huge Ronnie fan and I always assume he'll win. And when he's behind I always believe he'll turn the match around.

I also think he'll win the worlds this year. And if he doesn't, he'll win the next.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

Apart from when he plays Higgins. rofl

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Apart from when he plays Higgins. rofl

Correct sir. And I have reasons for it. He changes his game, win or lose.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:I never expected Ronnie to be playing this so damn well at the age of 42 and winning so many ranking tournaments, let alone 5 in a single season, again after last year when he was losing to bloody Chris Wakelin, Holt, Mark Davis, Joyce etc. The man's talent is incredible really. He hadn't won a ranking event for 20 months and we get this :D

Hendry's record of 36 will be smashed.

And before anyone says there are now more events, Ronnie at the moment still hasn't entered as many ranking events as Hendry did.

Ronnie could well finish with 40 or more ranking event titles won. He says he doesnt care about records, but you could see how happy he was to equal those 5 won in a season, and playing this like this he could win in China and the most impirtantly the World Title. Selby did this last season and breaking that China Open Curse.

I think Ronnie's current season and the one where Hendry won his five rankers are the most impressive for me. All of Ronnie's wins are what can be classed as proper ranking events, unlike Ding and Selby. And when Hendry set his record there were only 8 ranking events on the calendar that season, so that was hugely impressive also.