Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:For some reason, I still don't think he'll win the World Championship, although I do believe he's the best player in the world right now.

I know a lot of people on here won't agree, but I still feel he has something to prove at the World Championship, one of which is beating Selby there.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:For some reason, I still don't think he'll win the World Championship, although I do believe he's the best player in the world right now.

I know a lot of people on here won't agree, but I still feel he has something to prove at the World Championship, one of which is beating Selby there.

I'd agree with that. Theres nothing Ronnie can do though if they never meet again. Which I think they won't. Especially this year not as that matchup can only take place in the final.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I voted for Brexit. Am I a bad person?

I assume you live in an area with no immigration? The east of England perhaps, where most people are inbred?

Actually, I live in an area that is rampant with immigration. East end of London, to be precise.

I used to work there. I understand.

Postby TheRocket

I think his chances are better than ever for two reasons. The first one being his safety game which is as good as I've seen for a very long time.

Another important factor is that the three players who probably pose the biggest threat to him will be all on the other side of the draw. (Selby,Higgins,Trump).

Postby Andre147

What do you consider is a better achievment:

Ronnie winning 6 ranking event titles, which include a UK Title and a World Championship Title, or
Winning all Triple Crown events in the same season?

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

I think his chances are better than ever for two reasons. The first one being his safety game which is as good as I've seen for a very long time.

Another important factor is that the three players who probably pose the biggest threat to him will be all on the other side of the draw. (Selby,Higgins,Trump).

Yes and that is a HUGE facot at the end of the day. Those 3 have a better h2h record against him than anyone in the game.

Postby Pedro147

Andre147 wrote:What do you consider is a better achievment:

Ronnie winning 6 ranking event titles, which include a UK Title and a World Championship Title, or

Considering that if Ronnie does do it he’ll be 42 which you also have to take into consideration.

Postby TheRocket

depends on the quality of the non-TC rankers. As Ronnie has won the Shanghai Masters, the World Grand Prix and now this. It doesnt get much bigger than that (apart from the IO). Thats why I'd take the first option.
Last edited by TheRocket on 25 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Erza Scarlet

First option because of his age and a record breaking season. But mostly because of his age. It's already unreal he's won 5 big ranking tournaments at the age of 42 anyway. I don't see anyone else doing that, ever.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie winning a World Title at 42 years old wil be considered one of the biggest achievments of all time. Hope he does it, and if he does, there's a slight chance he could be motivated for a 7th. It's this season or never I think.

Postby TheRocket

Will be interesting to see for how long Ronnie can keep up this standard. Many think he can play like that until he's 50. I think 45 is a more realistic number. As for the seven World titles.

As Wild said a lot of times. He's got to win his sixth this year to have any chance. And to get any motivation to win another one.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Will be interesting to see for how long Ronnie can keep up this standard. Many think he can play like that until he's 50. I think 45 is a more realistic number. As for the seven World titles.

As Wild said a lot of times. He's got to win his sixth this year to have any chance. And to get any motivation to win another one.

viewtopic.php?f=553&t=5633

Postby Andre147

Next season for Ronnie might be a poor one in comparison to this one lol... he might "only" win 1 or 2 rankers... wouldn't surprise me.

Could happen the same with Ronnie that's happening with Selby at the moment.

Postby mantorok

I think Ronnie will want to win a world title in his 40s and it will be a 6th which will be enough to cement him as an all time great winner and not just a talent.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:I think Ronnie will want to win a world title in his 40s and it will be a 6th which will be enough to cement him as an all time great winner and not just a talent.

He's said many times that's one of his main goals.

Postby Wildey

Lets be honest if Ronnie doesent pot another Ball he will be a all time great Winner for ever more.

Nobody will get close to 30 ranking titles again.

We have been lucky to witness Stephen Hendry then imedietly Followed with Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins crossover since 1992.

What a time to follow Snooker.

Postby Alex0paul

"On behalf of all the players, I'd like to pay a tribute to Ronnie for the the standard he is playing.“

That is why O’Sullivan has had it so easy. Ridiculous thing for a professional sportsman to say

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:"On behalf of all the players, I'd like to pay a tribute to Ronnie for the the standard he is playing.“

That is why O’Sullivan has had it so easy. Ridiculous thing for a professional sportsman to say

Yes this is definately why Ronnie's winning so much... lol.

Postby SnookerFan

Obviously winning 6.

Losing three but adding The Masters is no exchange.

Postby LeonD123

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I still think it'd better for the Rocket if he skipped China. As he said a few times during the season. A lot of players are burned out and overplayed. Playing in China wont do him much favours for the World imo.

the chinese sponsors pay him massively...

Do you have more infos/sources about these sponsors paying him just to enter ?

Any idea how much a guy like Ronnie can get ?

How does it work ?

Postby SnookerFan

I've seen nothing from Ronnie that suggests he'd be burned out.

But, he's won enough tournaments that he can pick and chose. If he doesn't want to do the long trip to China, that's his choice.

Postby mantorok

Alex0paul wrote:"On behalf of all the players, I'd like to pay a tribute to Ronnie for the the standard he is playing.“

No that's just Shaun being a brown-nose, there's a lot of players who don't bend over for him, but Shaun is not one of them.

Selby
Higgins
Trump
Ding

Off the top of my head, even players like Perry or King don't exactly give in, there's many more too. I don't believe the fear factor is as high as people think. All the players know a good performance against him will pay dividends.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:Ding. rofl

That helps. His record against Ronnie is awesome.

Ding turned that around in last years WC for me, he showed a lot of bottle, and tbf his recent losses against Ronnie aren't always down to him.