Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie fans have zero faith in him, until he wins. Then they gloat because Selby fans doubt him.

You seem to be confusing "Ronnie fans" with "MDG and RocketTim".

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:Hendry's record of 36 will be smashed.

And before anyone says there are now more events, Ronnie at the moment still hasn't entered as many ranking events as Hendry did.

Ronnie could well finish with 40 or more ranking event titles won. He says he doesnt care about records, but you could see how happy he was to equal those 5 won in a season, and playing this like this he could win in China and the most impirtantly the World Title. Selby did this last season and breaking that China Open Curse.

He cares about records, he just won't mention em too much. Less pressure that way. But we know he said he wants to win 2 more World Titles before he reaches 50. I say whatever works for him, works. And yeah Ronnie has won 5/10 entered and he will reach 40 titles, maybe even more.

I only care about the World Championship now. Literally no stress for China Open.

Postby Andre147

How can this be possible is still beyond me wildest dreams... :hatoff: :D :happy: :-D

Ronnie O'Sulliva, at 42 years of age, blowing every opponent away and winning 5 rankers in a season! Hope he wins the World Title, this for me already his 2nd best season, and if he wins the big one then there will be no douubt his greatest ever!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:I never expected Ronnie to be playing this so damn well at the age of 42 and winning so many ranking tournaments, let alone 5 in a single season, again after last year when he was losing to bloody Chris Wakelin, Holt, Mark Davis, Joyce etc. The man's talent is incredible really. He hadn't won a ranking event for 20 months and we get this :D

Hendry's record of 36 will be smashed.

And before anyone says there are now more events, Ronnie at the moment still hasn't entered as many ranking events as Hendry did.

Ronnie could well finish with 40 or more ranking event titles won. He says he doesnt care about records, but you could see how happy he was to equal those 5 won in a season, and playing this like this he could win in China and the most impirtantly the World Title. Selby did this last season and breaking that China Open Curse.

I think Ronnie's current season and the one where Hendry won his five rankers are the most impressive for me. All of Ronnie's wins are what can be classed as proper ranking events, unlike Ding and Selby. And when Hendry set his record there were only 8 ranking events on the calendar that season, so that was hugely impressive also.

<ok> :hatoff: :goodpost:

Postby Andre147

Yes I agree with Cloud, Hendry's 5 rankers were impressive. But Ronnie must win the Worlds or Selby's last season will still be better in my opinion.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Take a year off, come back and defend the world championship title in a dominant fashion. That might be the most impressive thing Ronnie's ever done, in my opinion. Can't see any other player doing that.

Daffodil.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Which "not proper" ranking event did Ding win?

Indian Open.

Won in Shanghai, German Masters, China and the IC.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Typical Hendry.

"Shaun Murphy doesn't believe he can beat Ronnie. Murphy has proven he can beat Ronnie."

Hendry just tries to pile the pressure on O'Sullivan so he won't beat his Crucible record.

Rubbish.

Hendry is a massive Hendry fanboy.

Bungke

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Which "not proper" ranking event did Ding win?

Indian Open.

Won in Shanghai, German Masters, China and the IC.

Yep. The Indian Open with its best of 9 finals. rofl

Postby Andre147

Putting it simply...

At the moment in time, of the 4 players who have won 5 ranking events in a season, Selby is still the most ipressive because he DID win the World Title, regardless of the PHC.

IF Ronnie wins the Worlds, then his season will be the best by a country mile.

Postby TheRocket

I still think it'd better for the Rocket if he skipped China. As he said a few times during the season. A lot of players are burned out and overplayed. Playing in China wont do him much favours for the World imo.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I still think it'd better for the Rocket if he skipped China. As he said a few times during the season. A lot of players are burned out and overplayed. Playing in China wont do him much favours for the World imo.

he wont skip China. Too much prize money involved and the chinese sponsors pay him massively...

Postby Erza Scarlet

1. English Open
2. UK Championship
3. Shanghai Masters
4. Players Championship
5. World Grand Prix

You guys agree on the level of performance in the finals? Hard to decide between the last 2 but the top 3 look to be correct. :chin:

Postby TheRocket

Erza Scarlet wrote:1. English Open
2. UK Championship
3. Shanghai Masters
4. Players Championship
5. World Grand Prix

You guys agree on the level of performance in the finals? Hard to decide between the last 2 but the top 3 look to be correct.

I'd put World Grand Prix ahead of the Players Championship because he scored a lot better in the former. Not sure with the UK and Shanghai either. Imo he played (matchplay wise) better in Shanghai.

Postby Erza Scarlet

TheRocket wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:1. English Open
2. UK Championship
3. Shanghai Masters
4. Players Championship
5. World Grand Prix

You guys agree on the level of performance in the finals? Hard to decide between the last 2 but the top 3 look to be correct.

I'd put World Grand Prix ahead of the Players Championship because he scored a lot better in the former. Not sure with the UK and Shanghai either. Imo he played (matchplay wise) better in Shanghai.

Yep matchplay was better in Shanghai but then I'm thinking of the 5-5 blitz in the UK final.

Postby TheRocket

What Ronnie needs now is one dominant win against Higgins or Selby over a longer match. I'd like to see a World final between ROS and one of them. Especially Selby of course due to revenge for 2014.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:What Ronnie needs now is one dominant win against Higgins or Selby over a longer match. I'd like to see a World final between ROS and one of them. Especially Selby of course due to revenge for 2014.

He doesn't need anything. His legacy is secure.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I still think it'd better for the Rocket if he skipped China. As he said a few times during the season. A lot of players are burned out and overplayed. Playing in China wont do him much favours for the World imo.

he wont skip China. Too much prize money involved and the chinese sponsors pay him massively...

Screw China, the WC is all that matters now. He needs to go there fresh and win it for a 6th time :win:

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:What Ronnie needs now is one dominant win against Higgins or Selby over a longer match. I'd like to see a World final between ROS and one of them. Especially Selby of course due to revenge for 2014.

it is but Ronnie has often struggled against those two. Even though he has beaten them in big matches as well of course. But I'd rather want to see Ronnie getting a big win against Higgins or Selby instead of someone like Murphy or Ding where he has a lot of big wins against.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:

<ok>