Post a reply

Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 19th - Sunday 25th of March at Venue Cymru, Llandudno, North Wales

Ronnie O'Sullivan plays Shaun Murphy for the 3rd time in a final this season its 1-1 Murphy won the Champion of Champions and O'Sullivan the UK Championship.

Who will prevail this time?

DRAW

Final

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Shaun Murphy

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: O'Sullivan leads 11-4
Main Tournaments: O'Sullivan leads 6-2
Multi-session matches:O'Sullivan leads 4-1
Finals : Tied at 2-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!

Postby eraserhead

Hendry said it best, if it's close after the afternoon session I fancy Ronnie to take it in the evening.

New day tomorrow though. Ronnie not at his absolute best, but having moments of magic. <ok>

Postby mantorok

Erza Scarlet wrote:Similar to the UK final I think.

Murphy hangs on for a bit until Ronnie pulls ahead of steam and blitzes.

Pretty much this.

Ron starts off cold and then warms up and shows his class.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Hendry said it best, if it's close after the afternoon session I fancy Ronnie to take it in the evening.

New day tomorrow though. Ronnie not at his absolute best, but having moments of magic. <ok>

If that happens it will be just like the UK. Locked at 5-5, until we saw God mode Ronnie pull away.

Murphy's best chance is to have a nice lead into the evening session, 6-3 at least. Even a 5-4 lead for Murphy might not be enough.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:It's a big money torunament. Ronnie will be up for it. Not to mention the surprise gift if he wins his 5th tournament this season.

A car wasn't it? He'll be up for it for sure.

Predictions?

I say 10-5 Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:Can Ronnie meet Murphy in a final at the Worlds?

It's been the most consistent rivalry this season in big money tournaments including a Triple Crown event, hmm

Not sure but hope they dont.

I'd love Selby v Ronnie Final and Ron getting revenge for 2014, but I dont think Selby is playing good enough to reach it. I reckon he might lose 2nd round like in 2015...

Postby Deewee

It's been the most consistent rivalry this season in big money tournaments including a Triple Crown event, hmm

Hawkins or Murphy himself would need to get to the final at least in China. Or someone seeded 10-19 currently would need to win it. Some other things would need to happen too but those are the main ones.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:

Not sure but hope they dont.

I'd love Selby v Ronnie Final and Ron getting revenge for 2014, but I dont think Selby is playing good enough to reach it. I reckon he might lose 2nd round like in 2015...

I am a 'horses for courses' advocate.

Selby is a 'Crucible Giant.' Not many players can beat him there.

He will play a lot better there, than he has all season.

Postby Iranu

I expect Selby to go deep at the Worlds.

Even playing dreadfully he almost beat Ding in the WGP semi, and over two sessions he'll have much more time to get his claws into his opponent.

As for tomorrow, I'm quietly confident of a Ronnie victory unless Smurph makes it 7-2 from the afternoon.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:I expect Selby to go deep at the Worlds.

Even playing dreadfully he almost beat Ding in the WGP semi, and over two sessions he'll have much more time to get his claws into his opponent.

As for tomorrow, I'm quietly confident of a Ronnie victory unless Smurph makes it 7-2 from the afternoon.

I reckon Murphy will only have a chance of winning with a 6-3 lead or better.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Just home from big session. In a bad way. Snookerfan, stay off the drink pal, i wish i had your willpower.

It's my chest/stomach that gives me it.

Risked a couple last Saturday. Was on the bog all night, recycling.

Still tempted by pre-final pint today. Probably shouldn't.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 15 Mar 2024, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheSaviour

Either way, it will be a great match! Both had some luck. Both have come through a certain path to get in there, which is vital when fancing a great match. This certainly will be. Shaun looked as fresh as ever against Mark Williams.

Ronnie´s not doing that much anything regarding his own sky-high standards. But then, isn´t that exactly what the people are expecting from him? An effortless ease. No pressure towards anyone at all. That´s a great thing. As he won´t be bothering anyone. Which eventually is what everyone expects from the top people.

You won´t be recognising me anymore. And that´s also good. As then if the people who knows me comes to talk to me they only talk via their instincts. So I will get fair deal. The protection. And will give a fair deal back. That´s what Shaun must be thinking. And Ronnie also. I personally sees a new day as a fresh start. Everyone makes mistakes. But no-one is forced to do those! It might be about learning, also. But more about the decision and the shot selections.

But hasn´t this all gone a bit too far now?? Surely if we won´t be recognising Ronnie anymore he can´t receive the credit he would deserve.. Think think think! Perhaps a Selby vs Ronnie - matches more often. If there´s so many big problems, the solution can´t be anything else than a hammer blow.

Postby LeonD123

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:It's a big money torunament. Ronnie will be up for it. Not to mention the surprise gift if he wins his 5th tournament this season.

Who is getting him a gift?

One of his sponsors.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Third time this season. :zzz:

Yes I would also prefer someone else, A Class of 92 Final would have been just perfect but it is what it is.

I say Ronnie starts favourite as 70/30. Ronnie may have a slow start like he did against Ding and Trump (even against Dott he wasn't at the races), but then he'll pull away at some point in the match and Murphy won't see him anymore.

Postby Andre147

5 rankers in a season will be nice, but hopefully he wins this AND the World Title. That would make it 6 and his best season ever by a country mile.

If he were to fail to win the Worlds then for me it woulnd't be the best season for him. His 2007/2008 one when he UK and Worlds is still better for me. Hopefully he can break that in this one.
Last edited by Andre147 on 25 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Hope the legend delivers a vintage performance today to show everybody one more time that he's the man to beat at the World Championship. The sixth World title is all what matters now.