Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Pinkball might be banned for making anti-Semitic posts

I don't remember him making any anti-Semitic posts.
And even if he did, so what ? Every man has the right to say whatever he wants, to voice his opinion,either right or wrong. <ok>

Uhhh, no.

Freedom of speech does not mean free to say whatever you like with zero consequences.

There will always be racists, people who are too religious, people who are against religion, people who hate gay people, people who approve of them, etc. My point is u can't stop people from have their own opinion and speaking their mind.
As long as a poster from this forum doesn't offend another poster with his remarks/posts, he can say whatever he wants. <cool>

Again, wrong.

You don't have to personally offend someone for an offensive comment to be damaging.

A group of lads objectifying women between themselves aren't offending each other, but they are spreading a culture that it is OK to treat women as objects for their gratification, which leads to further problems further down the line.

For what it's worth I don't think Pink Ball was being racist so much as an idiot, but your attitude is not helpful and too many people think the same way as you do.

Postby TheRocket

Trump seem to have forgotten that ROS had to pot an all or nothing long red to start the break. Had he missed it it would have been Trump who had cleared up.

I kinda understand Trumps frustration but he should rather work on his positional play. His last and only TC title has been in 2011. So he obviously does something wrong.

Postby Wildey

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:pot kettle who started trying to diminish achievement it certainty wasent bucking me.

so unless you can take it dont dish it out

btw i said theres an argument i did not say the achievement wasent worthy unless a few sad chameleons on here <doh> <doh>

So you should be having a discussion with Johnny Bravo then, and not me, because my post was correct as I said "up to this point" when I was comparing the number of ranking tournaments each player won and how big they were "up to this point". Learn to read before you have a go. Maybe you also should learn to take it if someone says something about Selby, since you say things about Ronnie.

the irony here is it seems ok to slate every single player but never say anything about ronnie.

Postby Andy Spark

Cloud Strife wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:I have noticed a trend with Ronnie's wins this season and it's especially interesting leading up to the World Championship. But will only confirm should Ronnie with this final.

He wins EO , loses in the very next ranking tournament, wins SH, loses in the very next ranking tournament, wins Uk, loses in the very next ranking tournament, wins WGP, loses in the very next ranking tournament .

Wins PC?!? Hmmm

Wins the PC, loses in the very next ranker (China Open) and then wins the World Championship.

Nice idea; unfortunately trends cut both ways. If he is wins the World Championship then he bucks the trend of winning one "triple crown" each season.
Last edited by Andy Spark on 24 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Pinks is allright and if he was banned then that's harsh on him.

I've seen far worse comments on here that havent even got a mention... nevermind a ban.

Postby Iranu

I wouldn't judge Trump too harshly on his post-match interview to be honest. Players have said worse after a gutting loss.

He's probably just snake hissed off with himself for giving Ronnie an opportunity that "anyone could clear up" from after having a good chance to win it.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Trump seem to have forgotten that ROS had to pot an all or nothing long red to start the break. Had he missed it it would have been Trump who had cleared up.

I kinda understand Trumps frustration but he should rather work on his positional play. His last and only TC title has been in 2011. So he obviously does something wrong.

Trump lacks the killer instinct, thats the truth, and thats why he only has one TC title to his name and has lost many matches like this... the Kyren WIlson one this season at The Masters was one of the worst to lose.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:Pink Ball did not say anything anti-semetic. He just called Georgiou Georgjew. He was being silly like always, but I don't think he was trying to be racist or anything. Georgiou is not even jewish.

Call me stupid, but I don't get it. :| :?
Since when does misspelling one's name is considered anti-semistic ?
Is Georgjew a jewish name ??? :chin: :hmmm:
By this standard, we should all be banned: we call Robertson Robbo, Selby Selbo, Cao is Cow, some have even refered to Ronnie as Wonnie.
Anyone can see these are just innocent jokes. And anyway Andre, this is our forum, the islanders I mean. Who care what outsiders think, only the opinion of members should matter. I'll say it again: as long as a member doesn't offend a fellow member, all is well :-D

Postby Andy Spark

TheRocket wrote:Trump seem to have forgotten that ROS had to pot an all or nothing long red to start the break. Had he missed it it would have been Trump who had cleared up.

IMO his cue action is the most "wrong" of all the top players. I'd rather have Selby's head movement than Judd's cueing accross the line of the shot.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:The only trend in Ronnie's entire career is people thinking he's declined and other players are taking over, but Ronnie always comes back better than ever and wins titles. That's the trend.

Well said mate! I for one never said he was in decline. Sure, he's not gonna be around forever, but he still has a few more years at the top ahead of him.

I remember quite well people here like Roland saying back in 2012 when Ronnie lost to Judd 6-2 at The Masters that it was him finished as a major title contender...

Well Ronnie shut them clueless people and stright after that his 2nd career (if you like) started: by winning the German Masters. He's not looked back since and look at what he's achieved since.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:Pink Ball's not banned. He would have said so if he was.

Which is just as well because it would have been PC gone mad if he was.

But how can he say anything if he's been banned ?!? :?
Isn't that the effect of the ban, not being able to post ?????????????? :hmmm:

Postby Andre147

Despite this tournament not being the Welsh Open, Ronnie might still play MJW in a big Final in Wales which will be just amazing.

Hopefully Murphy doesn't spoil it.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:

But how can he say anything if he's been banned ?!? :?
Isn't that the effect of the ban, not being able to post ?????????????? :hmmm:

He would have mentioned it on Snookery Dookery.

Postby Wildey

I Can confirm hes not Banned

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:I don't think it was a lack of killer instinct with Judd, he was just unlucky. Ronnie did a similar thing against Hawkins at the World Championship when it was 12-12. Both looked set to win until the in-off.

Yes Good point.

Postby Gridlock

Pink Ball wrote:I haven't been online as much because I have a very sore toe.

I have a left big toe I broke long ago and it howls like a lovely lady every two days or so.