Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Pinkball might be banned for making anti-Semitic posts

I don't remember him making any anti-Semitic posts.
And even if he did, so what ? Every man has the right to say whatever he wants, to voice his opinion,either right or wrong. <ok>

Uhhh, no.

Freedom of speech does not mean free to say whatever you like with zero consequences.

For buck sake, I spelled a guy's name wrong.

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Pinkball might be banned for making anti-Semitic posts

And even if he did, so what ? Every man has the right to say whatever he wants, to voice his opinion,either right or wrong. <ok>

Uhhh, no.

Freedom of speech does not mean free to say whatever you like with zero consequences.

There will always be racists, people who are too religious, people who are against religion, people who hate gay people, people who approve of them, etc. My point is u can't stop people from have their own opinion and speaking their mind.
As long as a poster from this forum doesn't offend another poster with his remarks/posts, he can say whatever he wants. <cool>

I spelled a guy's name wrong.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:Sory but freedom of speech is a lot different to insulting other religious beliefs, or being homophobic etc... We dont know what people read this Forum, and whilst you might not find it insulting, others will.

You can speek your mind as long as that doesn't cross certain limits.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Uhhh, no.

There will always be racists, people who are too religious, people who are against religion, people who hate gay people, people who approve of them, etc. My point is u can't stop people from have their own opinion and speaking their mind.
As long as a poster from this forum doesn't offend another poster with his remarks/posts, he can say whatever he wants. <cool>

Again, wrong.

You don't have to personally offend someone for an offensive comment to be damaging.

A group of lads objectifying women between themselves aren't offending each other, but they are spreading a culture that it is OK to treat women as objects for their gratification, which leads to further problems further down the line.

For what it's worth I don't think Pink Ball was being racist so much as an idiot, but your attitude is not helpful and too many people think the same way as you do.

Postby Gridlock

Pink Ball wrote:
Gridlock wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I haven't been online as much because I have a very sore toe.

I have a left big toe I broke long ago and it howls like a lovely lady every two days or so.

Hurt mine playing chess.

I'm too drunk and tired to even respond except to think you play chess with your feet. If you do then I commend you sir.

Postby Pink Ball

Gridlock wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Gridlock wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I haven't been online as much because I have a very sore toe.

I have a left big toe I broke long ago and it howls like a lovely lady every two days or so.

Hurt mine playing chess.

I'm too drunk and tired to even respond except to think you play chess with your feet. If you do then I commend you sir.

No. I lost, and kicked a bank safe in frustration.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:For what it's worth I don't think Pink Ball was being racist so much as an idiot

An idiot? Really? Or was I just having a bit of silly fun and not taking myself too seriously? I may not be brains of Britain but I don't think that would rank in my top 1000 idiotic posts, if I'm being honest.

Postby Pink Ball

For the record, any time I actually say something that could be construed as racist, homophobic, or discriminatory is normally intended to make fun of people who actually say those things and mean them. For example, yesterday I described Mexicans as inherently evil. Are you going to take my comment literally, or are you going to see it as a dig at clowns who actually think all Mexicans are inherently evil?

Discrimination is idiotic, in my opinion. That's what the word "idiotic" is actually meant for.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Hello everybody,

at the moment I'm on holiday so I couldn't watch any of the snooker live. But thanks to YouTube I'm all caught up anyway :-)

Ronnie vs trump was a very exciting match, super happy Ronnie pulled out yet another superb decider performance! Ronnie is relentless this season, he wants more and more wins and titles. What a player.

Postby eraserhead

TWITTER ATTACK!

Matthew Selt @MattSelt
If Judd was using the Taom chalk he’d probably be in the final... it’s a must have chalk, I don’t care what anyone says!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:For the record, any time I actually say something that could be construed as racist, homophobic, or discriminatory is normally intended to make fun of people who actually say those things and mean them. For example, yesterday I described Mexicans as inherently evil. Are you going to take my comment literally, or are you going to see it as a dig at clowns who actually think all Mexicans are inherently evil?

Discrimination is idiotic, in my opinion. That's what the word "idiotic" is actually meant for.

Who are the clowns you are referring to?

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Matthew Selt @MattSelt
If Judd was using the Taom chalk he’d probably be in the final... it’s a must have chalk, I don’t care what anyone says!

Thanks for your opinion Selt. <ok>

Postby TheSaviour

In a many ways, an ability to withstand the pressure is about the shot-selections. It´s not that a player should always make the pressure pot, in other words, to put so much effort to be absolutely sure the pot is being made. It´s much more about the shot-selections, decisions, when the pressure is on. To play the safety-shots when those realistically are required. AND to be able to play shot to nothings all day long. If possessing an okay technique, every reasonable pot effort is good. You don´t need to, for example, to think your every step, of how to walk. But you need to think where to walk.

So I found the outcome where Ronnie got better over Judd as a slightly surprising. As Ronnie´s shot selections wasn´t that much great. He just got away with it, with a luck tbh. He won´t be much winning in Sheffield if he can´t do any better. The overall-standards are sky-high. While playing the best 0f 19s or 25s or the finals, the one who can play the shot to nothings all day long can easily win the matches. Namely Mark Selby. He´s my main suspect once again. But let´s see. Even now when Shaun is clearly injured, he can still win this one if his shot-selections, shot to nothings are okay. Which very likely will be the case. Just turning down the possible pot efforts when those are not so sure at all.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:For what it's worth I don't think Pink Ball was being racist so much as an idiot

An idiot? Really? Or was I just having a bit of silly fun and not taking myself too seriously? I may not be brains of Britain but I don't think that would rank in my top 1000 idiotic posts, if I'm being honest.

Don't take the word "idiot" too seriously. We're all idiots. And people have often been called an idiot for having silly fun.

My point was that I don't think you were being racist or anti-semitic. I just disagreed with JB's general outlook about freedom of speech.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Mexicans are OK in my opinion

Of course they are. I don't recall hearing anyone saying otherwise. Unless one mistakes talking about the Mexican Drug Wars which have spread like cancer throughout the country since 2006 with the whole Mexican nation? Surely someone wouldn't be so stupid as to not notice the difference? Viva le Mexico!!

Postby Alex0paul

TheSaviour wrote:In a many ways, an ability to withstand the pressure is about the shot-selections. It´s not that a player should always make the pressure pot, in other words, to put so much effort to be absolutely sure the pot is being made. It´s much more about the shot-selections, decisions, when the pressure is on. To play the safety-shots when those realistically are required. AND to be able to play shot to nothings all day long. If possessing an okay technique, every reasonable pot effort is good. You don´t need to, for example, to think your every step, of how to walk. But you need to think where to walk.

So I found the outcome where Ronnie got better over Judd as a slightly surprising. As Ronnie´s shot selections wasn´t that much great. He just got away with it, with a luck tbh. He won´t be much winning in Sheffield if he can´t do any better. The overall-standards are sky-high. While playing the best 0f 19s or 25s or the finals, the one who can play the shot to nothings all day long can easily win the matches. Namely Mark Selby. He´s my main suspect once again. But let´s see. Even now when Shaun is clearly injured, he can still win this one if his shot-selections, shot to nothings are okay. Which very likely will be the case. Just turning down the possible pot efforts when those are not so sure at all.

Hi there I’ll just go to see you tonight I hope you’re doing good I’ll see if I have time tomorrow night. You can do a good thing about tomorrow morning tomorrow please but if you want me I’ll just leave you alone.

Postby SnookerFan

When I was a young, I went on an Austrian exhange with my school. I turned 13 in Austria.

On the actual day of my birthday we went to a place called the Water Palace. Which is what it sounds like. A historical palace with hidden water fountains everywhere. You would walk through a door, get squirtedwith water. As it wax my birthday, and I had a change of clothes, I ran around deliberately getting soaked. This was what most of the boys were doing. The girls were all the opposite. Didn't want to mess up their hair and makeup etx. We were teenagers.

At one point, one of the teachers call me over and asked what I was doing.

I said; "I'm getting wet, miss."
She asks wny, and I reply; "It's my birthday, and I'm having fun."

She looks atme weirdly and goes; "You're an idiot.". I said "Thanks miss" and went back to enjoying myself.

Why let a dozy cow calling me names spoil my fun?

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Donal Trump is racist. Fact.

Well I bet you are not tolerant of all sections of society.

I am not tolerant of animal abusers..