Post a reply

Re: Players Champs Draw

Postby Andre147

Fair to say this is very similar to The Masters, but with a ranking status.

Wouldn't mind Ronnie winning another one of these ITV events... Hope he and Allen meet in the Quarter-Finals.

And hope Day has a good run to see him qualify straight to Sheffield.

Postby SnookerFan

boris_the_butcher wrote:proper snooker, no numpties and long(er) matches.

Ronnie's there.

His horrendous decline has moved him into numpty status. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Talking of which, a possible Ronnie vs Ding Quarter-Final.

Still think Ding has a bit of a block about beating him, despite that Crucible victory. I hope he proves me wrong.

You can never tell which Ding will turn up.

Postby SnookerFan

Llandudno is somewhere I'd consider visiting, if I'm honest. Proper length matches...

Still considering what tournaments to make next season.

Postby SnookerFan

Aaah, mate.

Mark Williams vs Yan Bingtao is on during the afternoon. What bell thought that would be a good idea? I'll miss it due to work.

Postby SnookerFan

Why are all the best matches on during the afternoon? :|

ITV just wanting to make sure all the Ronnie matches are in the evening I guess. :zzz:

Postby Dan-cat

Can't remember why, but they do often out the best matches on during the afternoon. The BBC do it too at the Worlds. I guess because daytime viewers are harder to get than evening ones?

Postby SnookerFan

For the BBC, I guess, it's because they don't put live matches on the main channel in the evening, only Red Button. You could argue that's their choice to do, and it is. But their reasoning would be they want the best matches on the main channel, so put it on the afternoon.

ITV tend to organise it so they can get Ronnie on in the evening, as that's who most people watch. Irregardless of whether there are better matches on or not.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:For the BBC, I guess, it's because they don't put live matches on the main channel in the evening, only Red Button. You could argue that's their choice to do, and it is. But their reasoning would be they want the best matches on the main channel, so put it on the afternoon.

ITV tend to organise it so they can get Ronnie on in the evening, as that's who most people watch. Irregardless of whether there are better matches on or not.

Yes I forgot that element. As I watch online the whole time I don't follow the broadcast slots.

If the ITV coverage was a girl I'd marry her.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:For the BBC, I guess, it's because they don't put live matches on the main channel in the evening, only Red Button. You could argue that's their choice to do, and it is. But their reasoning would be they want the best matches on the main channel, so put it on the afternoon.

Yes I forgot that element. As I watch online the whole time I don't follow the broadcast slots.

If the ITV coverage was a girl I'd marry her.

Do you really never watch anything on television?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Really. I don’t have a TV. I watch on my MacBook (pretty big screen) and occasionally plug into a projector.

I only just got Tivo last week. I hadn't been able to tape stuff until then. Used to get my parents to Sky Plus the Chinese tournaments for me, and doss there for a week. <laugh>

I'm so not with it. :emb:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:Really. I don’t have a TV.

Me neither. I watch everything on my laptop. Eurosport player and youtube mostly. I also watch some tv programs on the websites of the tv channels.

Postby SnookerFan

It's funny, because a few years ago, everybody was going on about big screen TVs. They seemed to be the must-have thing, and you'd get these knobheads who defined themselves as how big their TV screen was. It was the sort of thing they'd tell you when you turned the television on; "This screen is 50-inch." And you'd be like; "Oh."

Now everybody watches these things on tiny tablets, or mobile phones...

Typical me, I only got a flat screen TV about three or four years ago. Before that I had a box set.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

When the final round of the qualifiers were live on youtube last year I had to watch it on tv, same for any decent length videos. It doesn't have to be a huge tv. I can watch stuff on a laptop or tablet but apart from short videos I don't watch much on my phone.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:It's funny, because a few I only got a flat screen TV about three or four years ago. Before that I had a box set.

Was it the Breakin’ Bad box set? Or the Sopranos?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It's funny, because a few I only got a flat screen TV about three or four years ago. Before that I had a box set.

1960s Batman.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

1960s Batman.

Have you met my mate Cathode Ray?