Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Final !!!!

Postby Andy Spark

With Ding’s head-banging, Selby’s cue-bashing and Ronnie’s cushion-thumping....blimey, it’s been a veritable percussive ensemble of frustration this week; and it’s not even a triple crown event!

Postby Wildey

At midnight last night when Selby forced a Decider i thought at this stage Selby had the better chance of beating Ronnie than Ding had despite the fact Ding was far the Better player in the Semi than Selby was it was far too draining for Ding where as Selby would deal with it far better.

Ding lost the match in the first session he did have chances and plenty of them and well tonight Ronnies Level improved and Ding wilted away.

Postby Wildey

Do we need all these bucking smiley posts no we bucking dont. so unless someone has something to actually say go to a bathroom and twiddle yourself off alone in future <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:At midnight last night when Selby forced a Decider i thought at this stage Selby had the better chance of beating Ronnie than Ding had despite the fact Ding was far the Better player in the Semi than Selby was it was far too draining for Ding where as Selby would deal with it far better.

Ding lost the match in the first session he did have chances and plenty of them and well tonight Ronnies Level improved and Ding wilted away.

No garantee Selby would make it closer either.

He might have won 1 or 2 more frames, but the way Selby was playing, I couldn't see him getting more than 5 frames and lose 10-5.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:At midnight last night when Selby forced a Decider i thought at this stage Selby had the better chance of beating Ronnie than Ding had despite the fact Ding was far the Better player in the Semi than Selby was it was far too draining for Ding where as Selby would deal with it far better.

No garantee Selby would make it closer either.

He might have won 1 or 2 more frames, but the way Selby was playing, I couldn't see him getting more than 5 frames and lose 10-5.

Different player with different problems

The way Selby was playing it was a mirracle he got 5 frames against Ding but that what Selby does he can find away against all the odds to scrape a result.

Ding's safety in the semi was superb at times and it had to be every pot was a pint of blood.

Selby scoring is woefull but i think his tactical game is starting to come back its been lacking this season for me.