Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Semi-Finals !!!

Postby Pink Ball

Andy Spark wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I love this. All the O'Sullivan fans praying for their man to have a shot at Selby tomorrow are now disappointed!

Lucky escape for Selby. What was his pot percentage for this match? 85%? Ronnie would annihilate him on this form, no matter how superior Selby’s safety play.

buck sake, Sullivan fans are like salmon once they see bait. Relax, guys.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:Haha. bucking hate the phrase match play.

That was great match-play snooker though was'nt it?

I don't know because a) i missed most of the match and b) the phrase "match play" has never been adequately defined, just repeated ad nauseum by John Parrott.

Postby Andy Spark

Pink Ball wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I love this. All the O'Sullivan fans praying for their man to have a shot at Selby tomorrow are now disappointed!

Lucky escape for Selby. What was his pot percentage for this match? 85%? Ronnie would annihilate him on this form, no matter how superior Selby’s safety play.

buck sake, Sullivan fans are like salmon once they see bait. Relax, guys.

I took a mirtazapine half an hour ago. Believe me, I’m more relaxed than you.

Postby Andre147

That was a good match for the purists I suppose, but not one I enjoyed that much.

I like to see a mix of tactical and breakbuilding, not most frames being tactical and long. But anyway, Ding won, and fully deserve, was the better player and scorer, Selby managing to stay level with him by winning all the scrappy frames.

Postby TheRocket

Selby at this stage can't be considered favourite anymore to win the World Championship. In fact even a qualifier might make it very tough for him in the first round. He looks very vulnerable. Especially in the potting and breakbuilding department.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:That was a good match for the purists I suppose, but not one I enjoyed that much.

I like to see a mix of tactical and breakbuilding, not most frames being tactical and long. But anyway, Ding won, and fully deserve, was the better player and scorer, Selby managing to stay level with him by winning all the scrappy frames.

Did enjoy it. But at the same time, glad it was over. Took a while.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:Selby at this stage can't be considered favourite anymore to win the World Championship. In fact even a qualifier might make it very tough for him in the first round. He looks very vulnerable. Especially in the potting and breakbuilding department.

What's worrying is that he's just lost a match that was tailor-made for him, even against a class player like Ding.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Hats off to Ding. I was impressed with him engaging Selby is some mammoth safety battles. Some of the snookers Ding put Selby in were a delight. A little bit of Chinese torture was just what the doctor ordered. Great stuff Ding, glad he won. What a final in prospect.

Postby vodkadiet

Selby has no chance of winning this year's World Championship. O'Sullivan cannot be beaten. The question is will O'Sullivan equal Hendry's 7 World titles in 2019?

Postby Andy Spark

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:Haha. bucking hate the phrase match play.

That was great match-play snooker though was'nt it?

I’d rather say “great safety but average single ball potting”. This combination of features makes the balls run awkwardly and leads to regular 30+ minute frames. But I enjoyed the safety very much. A good match in spite of, or in some ways because of, the relatively low pot percentages.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Selby has no chance of winning this year's World Championship. O'Sullivan cannot be beaten. The question is will O'Sullivan equal Hendry's 7 World titles in 2019?

20 min ago you were saying Selby would bash O'Sullivan at The Crucible? Changing your mind are we?

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Selby has no chance of winning this year's World Championship. O'Sullivan cannot be beaten. The question is will O'Sullivan equal Hendry's 7 World titles in 2019?

20 min ago you were saying Selby would bash O'Sullivan at The Crucible? Changing your mind are we?

You guys make it far too easy

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan will win the next 3 World Championships and the retire. And there will be no need to watch snooker ever again.

Does that mean you'll leave?

I will leave when the world becomes 'Vegan'.

Postby vodkadiet

I see O'Sullivan winning 10-3. This is tailor made for him. He isn't under pressure like he is at The Crucible, when he cannot handle it, and invariably caves in. Here, he can play relaxed, clean and perfect snooker and give Ding a thorough spanking!

Come on Ronald!

The hamburgers and kebabs are on you!

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:It seems Ding totally sucks at these scrappy frames

He's one of the best players in the world at those scrappy frames.

U were saying Pinkey ??? :hmmm:
Ding hasn't managed to win a single one of those scrappy frames. Even a player like Ronnie, who lacks patience, would have managed to win at least one. Ding might be great at laying and escaping snookers, but his tactical game is not that great.

I don't think that not winning a scrappy frame against Selby is an indictment of your tactical game, to be honest.

Exactly. I cannot emphasise enough how much better Selby is at managing those frames than even the second-best tactical player. Ding is one of the few that can even hope to mix it with him.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Chalk McHugh wrote:Hats off to Ding. I was impressed with him engaging Selby is some mammoth safety battles. Some of the snookers Ding put Selby in were a delight. A little bit of Chinese torture was just what the doctor ordered. Great stuff Ding, glad he won. What a final in prospect.

<ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'm happy for Ding, but I have to admit I was looking forward to watching Ronnie destroy Selby. Some Ronnie fans hate to see Ronnie play his main rivals Selby and Higgins, but I love it.

But Ding is one of my favourite players and I'm so happy to see him playing some good snooker again. I think this can be a great match. Ding can definitely win. Ronnie's been playing good but he's not been very consistent.