Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16!!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andre147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Selby pretty dominant in this match up leading 17-8 in head to head. Pretty much 2 in every 3. Looking good for 2-0 here.

But Robbo actually leads 7-6 in proper meetings, not Best of 5 Championship League.

They all count. If Selby wins this game he will have a 70% success rate v Robbo.

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Selby pretty dominant in this match up leading 17-8 in head to head. Pretty much 2 in every 3. Looking good for 2-0 here.

But Robbo actually leads 7-6 in proper meetings, not Best of 5 Championship League.

They all count. If Selby wins this game he will have a 70% success rate v Robbo.

They all count for sure, but fair to say CL is the least important and Robbo has won some high profile meetings between the 2. It's pretty even in those type of matches.

Postby Deewee

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

No they don't. They're practice matches.

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:
Iranu wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Selby has Neil's numbers

Neil leads the head to head.

Oovavu

:hatoff:

ITV don't seem to count it as they said Robbo leads 7-6.

Although I actually thought they said 8-7 so I was still wrong.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I'm only going by the head to heads they put up on here before each match. I dont read down through the games to see which tournaments they were in.

Postby SnookerFan

Be good to see somebody who isn't Ronnie this evening. This isn't an anti-Ronnie post, but I've seen him twice this week. (And a couple of frames of Tramp.)

Be good to see ITV's excellent commentators (and Phil Yates) talking about somebody else.

Postby Chalk McHugh

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Solid Selby playing well today. Yesterday he brought his C game. Today he's looking hot.

Robbo making silly mistakes

fouling the black whilst in the break
careless pos shot in this frame

That was silly, no doubt. Didn't even look hampered by the black. He had plenty of room to get cue past it.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Be good to see somebody who isn't Ronnie this evening. This isn't an anti-Ronnie post, but I've seen him twice this week. (And a couple of frames of Tramp.)

Be good to see ITV's excellent commentators (and Phil Yates) talking about somebody else.

I'm afraid ITV wont make your wish come true.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Be good to see somebody who isn't Ronnie this evening. This isn't an anti-Ronnie post, but I've seen him twice this week. (And a couple of frames of Tramp.)

I'm afraid ITV wont make your wish come true.

rofl

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:Been some good match-ups this week. Pity they're all best of sevens.

Good things come to those who wait. Not long before best of 19s, 31s, and the creme dela creme best of 35. That will satisfy your cravings.

Postby Andre147

This is why Best of 7s arent great especially when top players face each other.

3 nil down in Best of 7 is almost match over... 3 nil down in Best of 9 is recoverable, if you go the MSI 3-1 down and win the first frame after it and only be 3-2 down you are bang in the match again.

Best of 7s dont allow that.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:This is why Best of 7s arent great especially when top players face each other.

3 nil down in Best of 7 is almost match over... 3 nil down in Best of 9 is recoverable, if you go the MSI 3-1 down and win the first frame after it and only be 3-2 down you are bang in the match again.

Best of 7s dont allow that.

The worst one for that, was when the BBC's version of the Grand Prix had best of fives all the way through and a best of nine final.

Hazel would be like; "Player A is 2-0 up, will Player B make a comeback?" <doh>

Worst still, some of the old schoolers on here were acting like it was a brilliant tournament. Never saw the appeal myself.

Postby Andre147

I noticed the Quarter-Finals last year were Best of 7, this year its Best of 9 so at least there's an improvment there.

Postby Andre147

That was the World Open in 2010 which Robbo won 5-1 in the Final against Ronnie. And yes, all the previous rounds were Best of 5. One of the most ridiculous tournaments I've seen, even if Ronnie came out the winner.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:That was the World Open in 2010 which Robbo won 5-1 in the Final against Ronnie. And yes, all the previous rounds were Best of 5. One of the most ridiculous tournaments I've seen, even if Ronnie came out the winner.

Absoultely shoddy.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:That was the World Open in 2010 which Robbo won 5-1 in the Final against Ronnie. And yes, all the previous rounds were Best of 5. One of the most ridiculous tournaments I've seen, even if Ronnie came out the winner.

Was that the match where Ronnie conceded like 4 frames straight away when only needing one snooker?