Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:A confidence coach can only do so much. Jimmy missing balls all day maybe is more a reflection of his standard than anything else.

I disagree. To get to his level you have to be an extremely good player. The rest is in the head.

A few sessions with Steve Peters will see Jimmy become world champion so.

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:A confidence coach can only do so much. Jimmy missing balls all day maybe is more a reflection of his standard than anything else.

I disagree. To get to his level you have to be an extremely good player. The rest is in the head.

When you see 'this is a reflection of his standard' I would counter that with 'this is a reflection of his focus / confidence'. I saw him play near flawless snooker against Willo. That's his standard.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

When you see 'this is a reflection of his standard' I would counter that with 'this is a reflection of his focus / confidence'. I saw him play near flawless snooker against Willo. That's his standard.

That was his standard in that particular game. All players can shoot the lights out every now and then but it's a more average standard i believe is a fairer reflection of a player. And as Hendry said its time for Jimmy to win a big tv game. It could be a lack of concentration rather than choking, for me.

Postby Chalk McHugh

[quote="masterdoctorgenius"]Jimmy is an immensly talented

All players at this level are talented. But is he a player good enough to challenge for big tournaments consistently like the top players? That remains to be seen but the few times ive seen him play he misses far too many easy balls for me.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Selby holds it together to beat Jimmy 4-3. He will have to improve massively to win the trophy. Jimmy, had multitude of chances, back to the drawing board.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Hold the front page: Selby wins a match!

And next he has another Robbo, this time the more accomplished one.

Should be a great match, shame its only Best of 7.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Hold the front page: Selby wins a match!

And next he has another Robbo, this time the more accomplished one.

Should be a great match, shame its only Best of 7.

Remember when Selby vs Robertson matches used to be really rare?

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:For anybody watching? Does Bingham not look match fit?

Or hasn't he had a chance?

He looks as fit as ever. Could have won the second but for a trademark Willo clear up.