Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't understand how money won in this can count towards rankings

What don't you understand?

Well it is double jeopardy for lower ranked players as they have no means to access the money

They had access to the money at the start of the season.

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:Greetings to all my snooker friends from barren America! Rare Monday off so I have my trusty Russian betting site going! And some Old Grand Dad bonded bourbon. CHEERS!

:hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't understand how money won in this can count towards rankings

Well it is double jeopardy for lower ranked players as they have no means to access the money

They had access to the money at the start of the season.

I agree with BSP.

It's double rewards.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you, but it's the same for every player, so I don't have a problem with it being ranking.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Their fault for not getting into the Top 32 on the 1 year list.

I say the 32 that are here fully deserve to get ranking money.

Except for shootout.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Angles basically saying that Milkins can't play positional.

I’m loving angles instead.

There's a Christmas one there somewhere.

And through it alllllllll she offered me protection (for the top 16)

Postby Iranu

Any tournament that isn't open to every player shouldn't be ranking, in my opinion.

I don't care all that much in this tournament's case though. Rather this be ranking than the Shootout.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:Any tournament that isn't open to every player shouldn't be ranking, in my opinion.

I don't care all that much in this tournament's case though. Rather this be ranking than the Shootout.

It is open to all players. Tell me who's been barred from it?

If somebody isn't in this tournament it's because they haven't been good enough and have failed to meet the qualification criteria.

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Why not make Masters winnings count in rankings then?

This and the the players champs does. So why not. :shrug:

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Any tournament that isn't open to every player shouldn't be ranking, in my opinion.

I say this is open to all the players since all the 128 have a chance of being here provided they do well.

Same for the Players Champs with 16. The Shoot-Out ios the only tournament that should not be a ranker

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:

If somebody isn't in this tournament it's because they haven't been good enough and have failed to meet the qualification criteria.

My thoughts exactly Cloud. It open to all of them.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You both make a good point.

But The Masters is also open to any player that meets the criteria.

Perhaps I should have said "any tournament in which the full field isn't involved."

Postby Gridlock

Cloud Strife wrote:
Gridlock wrote:Greetings to all my snooker friends from barren America! Rare Monday off so I have my trusty Russian betting site going! And some Old Grand Dad bonded bourbon. CHEERS!

Hi, mate. Hope you're well.

For future reference, which Russian betting site do you use?

videostream.dn.ua

Postby Andre147

The Masters has never been a ranker since 1975, so no reason to make it one now.

This and the players champs are different. Nobody barred from entering this, they just werent good enough.

Postby Andre147

And the best example is this one:

Defending champion and top player Barry Hawkins isnt on the top 32, therefore not elegible to enter this.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You both make a good point.

But The Masters is also open to any player that meets the criteria.

Perhaps I should have said "any tournament in which the full field isn't involved."

I see what you're saying and you have a point. Personally, I'm glad we get the odd tournament that bucks the 128 draw norm.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:The Masters has never been a ranker since 1975, so no reason to make it one now.

This and the players champs are different. Nobody barred from entering this, they just werent good enough.

Illogical Andre.

It is inconsistent that the Masters is non-ranking and this is ranking.

You are a skilled orator but cannot make a case here

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:The Masters has never been a ranker since 1975, so no reason to make it one now.

Well quite and in the past the Masters had wild cards (Jimmy being a memorable one.)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

Well quite and in the past the Masters had wild cards (Jimmy being a memorable one.)

A memorable several.