Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Final!!!!

Postby Andre147

Ronnie was spot on...

he might be falling assleep in China, just like Selby was here lol...

I think he goes there more for the promotional money he gets than actually winning.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Whitewashing Higgins was more than enough to make this a good tournament for Ronnie

spot on <ok>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Whitewashing Higgins was more than enough to make this a good tournament for Ronnie

For us Ronnie fans that was our Final :-D :-D :-D

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Vodkadiet has been spot on with his prediction but damn. that has been one of the worst finals I've ever seen.

Quality wise?

From Ronnies perspective that's the worst I've seen him play in a final. From start to finish. His first session in the UK final against Selby was up there but he obviously turned it around in the 2nd.

But this one was bad from start to finish. He missed some pots by an absolutely mile. But as I've been saying since the start of the week. I don't rate this tournament that much.

And imo Ronnie has a very good chance to win the UK Championship.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

For us Ronnie fans that was our Final :-D :-D :-D

Factually inaccurate.

Postby Andy Spark

somebody wrote:the best player has won. but what a poor final all the same. pleased all the same with the attitude of ronnie who fought until the end.

No, the best player lost. However, that's snooker. Luck plays a significant role at the highest level. :party:

Postby Andre147

Murphy was the best player all day.

Yes he was lucky at times, but even Ronnie had a tremendous fluke in this session.

Murphy's long potting was amazing.

Ronnie's whole game, potting, safety and long potting was some of the worst in a Final.

No worries though.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Congrats to Murphy I guess lol

Didn't expect that at all. Murphy was there for the taking plenty of times but Ronnie played rubbish from being 2-0 up. Too many chances missed and was quiet lucky to nearly get it to a decider. Wow just 1 ball away lol

Shame because he was the player of the tournament and deserved to win this.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:Both players played like CoCs tonight.

True, but Ronnie will play better in a more important tournament, Smurf won't. :-D

Postby Wildey

no it wasent Ronnie wanted to humiliate Shaun 10-1 or 10-2.

i believe he put to much pressure on himself to do that and when it wasent happening he got frustrated.

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 wrote:Decider would have been great, even if Ronnie lost it.

Well played Shaun.

Well played if you like 89% pot success rates and no centuries in a best of 19 match. Yes, well played Shaun :D

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:

i believe he put to much pressure on himself to do that and when it wasent happening he got frustrated.

from a mental point of view whitewashing Higgins was more important because he'd struggled against him since a decade but you're still right with your comment. Ronnie wanted to humiliate Murphy and it didnt work.
Last edited by TheRocket on 12 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

Usually the other way around.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Both players played like CoCs tonight.

True, but Ronnie will play better in a more important tournament, Smurf won't. :-D

Ronnie loves one table set ups playing 128 in york is not as enjoyable or as important as this week for him.

Postby Andy Spark

Deewee wrote:How long are you going to cry for Andy?
Probably about the length of time it takes me to pick up the £65 I've just won for betting on Shaun. :-)

Postby Deewee

Andy Spark wrote:
Probably about the length of time it takes me to pick up the £65 I've just won for betting on Shaun. :-)

Haha. Fair play.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Usually the other way around.

Murphy did the smart thing and kept his mouth shut this time. Usually he's always whining about something or other regarding Ronnie.

Postby Andy Spark

Deewee wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

Haha. Fair play.

Sometimes I bet on Ronnie to lose a final because I like financial compensation for being disappionted. Also I like to watch it without getting too nervous. :-)