Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Final!!!!

Postby Andre147

Probably Wild's right...

since Ronnie knew this time he couldn't humiliate Murphy, especially from 4-2 down, he gor frustrated.

I think the key points in the match were that 3rd frame missed final red with the rest, and of course the 9th when he played the black in shuch a negative way. A confident Ronnie would have rolled that in and th chances of it going in would be much greater.

Postby vodkadiet

I just felt that because O'Sullivan played so well in the last UK tournament he would have a bad performance here. He played well in previous matches but I felt it wouldn't happen for him here. It was an intuitive feel. I don't know why he is so desperate to beat Murphy. He has thrashed him many times before. He has nothing to prove in that respect.

Murphy played okay but still lacks the ability to clinch big matches decisively. In the end, he was lucky O'Sullivan missed that green because if he had lost from 9-5 up that would have left him badly scarred.

I have a feeling O'Sullivan will lose early in China. I expect him to beat Wilson and then lose in one of his next 2 matches after that.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 12 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andy Spark

masterdoctorgenius wrote:that missed green will haunt him for a bit
ranking event or not, his confidence which he gained from the EO must ve shattered.

A final is there to be won and he failed.

It was a tough green. I think Ronnie was just a bit flat all match and I really do think that if it had been a ranking tournament he'd have been a little bit more up for it, as in desiring to get to the 30 rankers. At the back of his mind I reckon he'd love to beat Higgins' 29 total and start to home in on Hendry's 36.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:I just felt that because O'Sullivan played so well in the last UK tournament he would have a bad performance here. He played well in previous matches but I felt it wouldn't happen for him here. It was an intuitive feel. I don't know why he is so desperate to beat Murphy. He has thrashed him many times before. He has nothing to prove in that respect.

Murphy played okay but still lacks the ability to clinch big matches decisively. In the end, he was lucky O'Sullivan missed that green because if he had lost from 9-5 up that would have left him badly scarred.

I have a feeling O'Sullivan will lose early in China. I expect him to beat Wilson and then lose in one of his next 2 matches after that.

Top post Vodka! <ok> agree on everything.

Postby Erza Scarlet

ranking event or not, his confidence which he gained from the EO must ve shattered.

His confidence won't be shattered due to the green but he will definitely know the amount of finals he's been losing in since 2016/2017 season since it's unprecedented.

2/5 win rate.

Postby Andy Spark

Vodka wrote:I expect Murphy to win this week. It is his turn I feel.

O'Sullivan won't be as zoned in but will still beat Hamilton 6-3, and Murphy will win 6-2.

I would say Murphy will win final 10-8.

Fairly accurate prediction! :-)

Postby Wildey

Erza Scarlet wrote:

His confidence won't be shattered due to the green but he will definitely know the amount of finals he's been losing in since 2016/2017 season since it's unprecedented.

2/5 win rate.

at least he gets to finals 10 finals in the last 2 years. and 3 finals this season players who wins most finals also loses most finals

Hendry has lost in 22 ranking Finals a record and second John Higgins in 17 finals.

in 2015 Ronnie reached 1 final losing 10-7 to Judd Trump in the WGP.

Postby Andy Spark

gallantrabbit wrote:Didnt see it...what were the Murphy glares for Ronnie about when Ron made a ton to go 8-9? O`sullivan was smirking too...

You didn't miss a great deal, it was a fairly forgettable final with neither player playing that well. If Murphy glared then I didn't notice, but then I don't look at his face if I can help it.

Postby LC

Just saw the green frame ball for 9-9 ouch, that’ll sting a bit mentally for a while, more than losing 10-5 that’s for sure!

Postby Andre147

Must say Murphy's post-match speech was embarassing to say the least...

saying he expected Ronnie to give him more hidings in the future... even though he just won a match against him.

Even if Ronnie does that, how can a top pro like Murphy say something like that?

Yes Murphy won, but he didn't exactly convince me that he has what it takes to really challenge Ronnie in future matches... Ding, who was on a similar position as Murphy today (regarding h2h) impressed me a lot more at the Worlds.

So this to say that was really an embarrasing and nonsense thing to say.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:Must say Murphy's post-match speech was embarassing to say the least...

saying he expected Ronnie to give him more hidings in the future... even though he just won a match against him.

Even if Ronnie does that, how can a top pro like Murphy say something like that?

Yes Murphy won, but he didn't exactly convince me that he has what it takes to really challenge Ronnie in future matches... Ding, who was on a similar position as Murphy today (regarding h2h) impressed me a lot more at the Worlds.

Andre

He is learning from his mistakes in the past when he has said things to get under O'Sullivan's skin. He is now going 180 degrees in the other direction and just saying things complimentary about O'Sullivan. I don't think it will make any difference to O'Sullivan though. He doesn't like Murphy. Murphy should just talk about himself and not mention O'Sullivan.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Must say Murphy's post-match speech was embarassing to say the least...

I think he was trying for magnanimous.

Everybody knows that Murphy hates Ronnie. He usually is the first one to tell you.

I didn't mind it personally. I'd rather him say stuff like that some of the rubbish he comes out with.

Postby mantorok

Ronnie didn't play great, Murphy was the better player on the day, had it gone 9-9 I would've fancied Ronnie for it, but Murphy was more consistent throughout and his long-potting was probably what won it in the end, there were some poor shots missed by Ronnie it must be said, and so it continues this edginess in finals.

Postby Dan-cat

mantorok wrote:Ronnie didn't play great, Murphy was the better player on the day, had it gone 9-9 I would've fancied Ronnie for it, but Murphy was more consistent throughout and his long-potting was probably what won it in the end, there were some poor shots missed by Ronnie it must be said, and so it continues this edginess in finals.

He just slammed Kyren 9 - 2 a couple of weeks ago.

It's a great shame though, he was looking practically unplayable again and getting the fear factor back...

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
mantorok wrote:Ronnie didn't play great, Murphy was the better player on the day, had it gone 9-9 I would've fancied Ronnie for it, but Murphy was more consistent throughout and his long-potting was probably what won it in the end, there were some poor shots missed by Ronnie it must be said, and so it continues this edginess in finals.

It's a great shame though, he was looking practically unplayable again and getting the fear factor back...

DECLINE!

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:

I'm sure Ronnie still has his off-days when he simply isn't up for it, but Murphy's a seasoned campaigner, he'd get away with it against Kyren and most other players. There were so many frames he should've won and clearly that got to him in the end.

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:

I think it has something to do with age. The older you get the more prone you are to miss under pressure and have off-day matches. 6 of his last 7 finals have been really edgy now. Against Robbo and Perry he did get away with it. But let's be honest. Ronnie now has had more off-day finals in the recent past than he had in the whole first decade of the 21st century.

That final against Wilson was great but I think if Ronnie plays someone like Selby,Trump or Higgins in future finals the pressure would get to him again and he would crumble.

Postby Andre147

Yes fully agree TR.

Only Wild denies he doesnt miss more now than he used to... saying he's done that his whole career...

in fact he hasn't, at least to as much as now, and that edgniness in Finals is just proof of that.

He still keeps reaching them though, and thats great, but hope his strike rate in the future is better.

Postby Andre147

I think last time Ronnie lost back to back Finals of the same tournament was the Masters, 1996 and 1997.

Can't remember any other instance when that happened.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Remember that pink?

Pink Ball is named after that very shot

Think of all the animals you've ever heard about
Like rhinoceroses and tigers, cats and mink
There are lots of funny animals in all this world
But have you ever seen a panther that is pink?
Think!
A panther that is positively pink.