Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Final!!!!

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Interesting. Ronnie said that his invitation tournament titles stats are better than his ranking titles stats.

He has more invitationals than rankers I think.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I never know who is this bloke is? Damien Hurst? Hirst? A painter?

He is.

Travels with Ronnie every tournament (except China, dont think I've seen him there)

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I never know who is this bloke is? Damien Hurst? Hirst? A painter?

He is.

Travels with Ronnie every tournament (except China, dont think I've seen him there)

Literally the only thing I know about him is that he's mates with Ronnie.

When Jill pointed him out as a familiar face, I'd forgotten who he was.

Postby eraserhead

Good chance for Ronnie. He looks at his most vulnerable at the start of matches recently Smurph should have made more than 31

Postby SnookerFan

I watched a bit of The Cenotaph this morning. My grandad fought in the Second War.

The fact that I am free to have a beer with my lunch cooking and the snooker final is because of heroism such as that.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Maybe this isn't the most important final for us fans with so many other big events around the corner but it sure does feel like it's very important for Ronnie. And I'm certain Ronnie will have a better chance of capturing the UK crown if he performs well here today.

Postby Iranu

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maybe this isn't the most important final for us fans with so many other big events around the corner but it sure does feel like it's very important for Ronnie. And I'm certain Ronnie will have a better chance of capturing the UK crown if he performs well here today.

I don't know why everyone seems to dislike this tournament, I think it's great. If the first rounds were bo9 instead of bo7 I'd say it's the perfect example of a one week tournament.

Murphy's desire to beat Ronnie already costing him.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maybe this isn't the most important final for us fans with so many other big events around the corner but it sure does feel like it's very important for Ronnie. And I'm certain Ronnie will have a better chance of capturing the UK crown if he performs well here today.

I agree with Andre. NI would be good.

#onforamillion

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:

I don't know why everyone seems to dislike this tournament, I think it's great. If the first rounds were bo9 instead of bo7 I'd say it's the perfect example of a one week tournament.

Murphy's desire to beat Ronnie already costing him.

I love the format for this, at least you get a best of 11 at the end of each day rather than 128 man bo7 most of the way that seems to be the standard these days.
Last edited by eraserhead on 12 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

I'm one of those who doesnt rate this tournament that much but confidence-wise its obviously good for any player to win finals, particularly for Ronnie as he lost a few last season.

And atm its looking very good

Postby Andre147

On hindsight you probably right.

Its always better to keep winning than losing right?

Winning always gains you confidence.