Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Semi Finals!!!

Postby vodkadiet

I didn't like Murphy's interview. He seemed to imply that he had very little chance. Having no expectancy can be beneficial but it implies than when it gets tight he will bottle it.

Postby TheRocket

this tournament just doesn't give me any buzz at all. I enjoyed that O'Sullivan-Higgins match but I still rate this as a poor mans Masters event. And since that match no one really seems to give any buck about this. There's just no tension. It feels so flat.

I'm glad the UK Championship is around the corner now. It might be not as great as it once was but you still get that buzz and tension.

And I'd rather see ROS playing his best game there and not in this shitty tournament.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:this tournament just doesn't give me any buzz at all. I enjoyed that O'Sullivan-Higgins match but I still rate this as a poor mans Masters event. And since that match no one really seems to give any buck about this. There's just no tension. It feels so flat.

I'm glad the UK Championship is around the corner now. It might be not as great as it once was but you still get that buzz and tension.

And I'd rather see ROS playing his best game there and not in this shitty tournament.

wouldn't go as far as saying this is a shitty tournament. It has some of the best players in it.

But yes Ronnie having won it before and it not being a ranker, it's not really that important.

He'll be tired for Shanghai, plus it's China, so he might go out very early there.

If that happens, hope he's well prepared for the NI Open and of course the UK Champs.

Postby TheRocket

yeah shitty was probably too harsh. But you know what I mean. The fact its a non ranker, the schedule and imo there's just no tension which I always need to enjoy Snooker.

And I agree with your predictions. I think Ronnie will beat Murphy but go out very early in Shanghai. Which wouldn't be that bad as long as he plays his best in the UK Championship.

Postby LC

I get what your saying, losing this wouldn’t be the end of world, he won the ranker a few weeks ago which was more important, but just to win consecutive finals after losing 4 of his last 5 before the English open would be a positive

Postby Andre147

Sure it would.

Finals are meant to be won, even the smallest of tournaments.

If he made the hard work of reaching the Final, might as well win it and the Title.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:I didn't like Murphy's interview. He seemed to imply that he had very little chance. Having no expectancy can be beneficial but it implies than when it gets tight he will bottle it.

Murphy is scared to play Ronnie. He has no belief against him.

An appalling weakness for a triple crown winner.

Postby SnookerFan

We passed the third Anniversary of ACLT's famous mug comment. Made shortly before Ronnie won the 2014 Champion Of Champions.

AC or LT? wrote:Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.

:chin:

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:We passed the third Anniversary of ACLT's famous mug comment. Made shortly before Ronnie won the 2014 Champion Of Champions.

AC or LT? wrote:Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.

:chin:

rofl