Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Group 4!!!

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
TheRocket wrote:looks like he has brought his english open game into this tournament.

in fairness he wasnt allowed to play vs Yan at the IC. he had only one clear cut chance all match and made a century in that frame.

the scoreline of 1-6 is misleading. Yan outclasses him.

Yes.

Yan played very well to win that match. It wasn't that Ronnie muffed it up.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:'the snooker public revels in the style and artistry in which O'Sullivan complies these breaks' Clive

'it's a very difficult game snooker, but Ronnie can make it look ludicrously easy sometimes' Foulds

134 clearance to finish. 4-1 Ronnie

Clive is the voice of Snooker! :bowdown:

Tragic that he's not at the world championship. His knowledge and passion for the game always comes through in his commentary.

Postby Andre147

If Ronnie reaches the semis he really has a golden chance to win this...

Hamilton I doubt would trouble him in a Best of 11, and in a Best of 19 Final Luca or Murphy might not have what it takes to beat him.

Postby TheRocket

Robbos key problem is he's overthinking and just thinking negatively about every shot. Should just play the shot instead of taking a minute time and walking 3 times around the table.

Just think positive and let the natural ability do the job. Somebody should tell him that.

Postby Dan-cat

TheRocket wrote:Robbos key problem is he's overthinking and just thinking negatively about every shot. Should just play the shot instead of taking a minute time and walking 3 times around the table.

Just think positive and let the natural ability do the job. Somebody should tell him that.

Absolutely. he's getting stuck right inside his head, creating a complicated narrative for himself so when he finally gets down on the shot to play it he's got too much going on in there

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Robbos key problem is he's overthinking and just thinking negatively about every shot. Should just play the shot instead of taking a minute time and walking 3 times around the table.

He's said a couple of times recently he wanted to be more positive, but everytime he goes out there he makes the same damn mistakes...

The tournaments he's won were always being positive, and he's no Selby who can win ugly.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Nothing better in Snooker than watching Ronnie when he's in full flow. The way he built up those breaks in the last 3 frames then to finish it off with a century was majestic.

Hoping he wins this and the Shanghai Masters. Not a fan of this winning 4 Home Nations stuff because the way this schedule is manufactured, you have to sacrifice a lot of big tournaments in order to win those and it's not worth the sacrifice imo.

I'd rather he get a big 150k ranking points at Shanghai, have a rest and gear up for the UK.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Tragic that he's not at the world championship. His knowledge and passion for the game always comes through in his commentary.

You got Dennis Taylor, what more do you want?

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:I know what's been said about him but I didn't realize this Hollywood guy was this dreadful. At least the other ones seemed competent

He's brilliant, what you on about? :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
You got Dennis Taylor, what more do you want?

They should give Bret Hollywood a chance in coms. :gag:

I thought that myself last night, when Phil Yates was commentating.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:Nothing better in Snooker than watching Ronnie when he's in full flow. The way he built up those breaks in the last 3 frames then to finish it off with a century was majestic.

Hoping he wins this and the Shanghai Masters. Not a fan of this winning 4 Home Nations stuff because the way this schedule is manufactured, you have to sacrifice a lot of big tournaments in order to win those and it's not worth the sacrifice imo.

I'd rather he get a big 150k ranking points at Shanghai, have a rest and gear up for the UK.

Me too, but you shouldnt expect much from SHanghai...

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:his long potting is definitely better now than it was in 2008 when he won his third world title without a long game. His long pot success was below 20% in that match against Wenbo if I remember.

Its similar to Fed who now is serving better than he has ever done before.

Is it me or does Federer get more mentions on here than most actual snooker players? :zzz:

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:

Absolutely. he's getting stuck right inside his head, creating a complicated narrative for himself so when he finally gets down on the shot to play it he's got too much going on in there

I still think he looks unwell. The bags under his eyes make him look 10 years older than he is, and he looks so skinny and pasty. he's paler than I am, and I'm basically translucentz

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Is it me or does Federer get more mentions on here than most actual snooker players? :zzz:

bucking hell, tell me about it.

I'm sick of hearing about dopey Federer, aint there tennis forums out here for that sort of chat?