Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Group 4!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:BO7s between the very top players are a lottery.

They are not so much of a lottery that Robertson will beat Ronnie, on current form.

Thats the problem with this format and Best of 7s theres no amataurs to get you started and away like in other events you got Champions vs Champions they afraid to cockerel up they being too cautious and Matches drag out.

Postby Andre147

Honestly this time around I don't care much if Ronnie loses early here or has a deep run...

I'd like him to win the NI Open and/or the UK Champs. Those are the 2 he should be aiming for. We all know he won't do much damage in Shanghai.

Postby TheSaviour

Andre147 wrote:Honestly this time around I don't care much if Ronnie loses early here or has a deep run...

I'd like him to win the NI Open and/or the UK Champs. Those are the 2 he should be aiming for. We all know he won't do much damage in Shanghai.

I can´t see him even aiming that much to win the NI Open. Even with that million pounds possibility, it is just a money. And he knows that is just not going to happen with all those short match formats and lot´s of matches to win. He might be still be carrying some battling scares from the UK 2016 final. Selby was just ruthless and just brushed him away. I would love Ronnie to play really well in York again. He might need some good coaching before it in order to make it happen. He should use his creativity. But even that won´t be enough IF Selby would play that much well again.

This certainly is the group of death. It would only require Selby to perhaps be there to make it absolutely perfect. Wow. What a group. Anthony McGill, John Higgins, Neil Robertson and Ronnie O´Sullivan. That´s just insane. No idea at all how these matches will be played. It is same as Sweden vs Italy. That´s just insanely high quality. Sweden just has that soundness and the battling qualities, while Italy along with Spain and Germany is a top3 team in the world.

I would had prefer to have McGill vs O´Sullivan straight away. And Higgins vs Robertson. Those would had been the matches. Well a one of those may still happen. I just always enjoy with no end while someone can just steamroll the people.

Portugaaaal mate, Portugaaaaal mate. I think I might be moving in soon. While having the money. There is an all great climate everywhere in Portugal you know. Just like in Florida, just without those flaws. But let´s see this one first, and a wee bit of some upcoming snooker also.

Postby Andre147

TheSaviour wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Honestly this time around I don't care much if Ronnie loses early here or has a deep run...

I can´t see him even aiming that much to win the NI Open. Even with that million pounds possibility, it is just a money. And he knows that is just not going to happen with all those short match formats and lot´s of matches to win. He might be still be carrying some battling scares from the UK 2016 final. Selby was just ruthless and just brushed him away. I would love Ronnie to play really well in York again. He might need some good coaching before it in order to make it happen. He should use his creativity. But even that won´t be enough IF Selby would play that much well again.

This certainly is the group of death. It would only require Selby to perhaps be there to make it absolutely perfect. Wow. What a group. Anthony McGill, John Higgins, Neil Robertson and Ronnie O´Sullivan. That´s just insane. No idea at all how these matches will be played. It is same as Sweden vs Italy. That´s just insanely high quality. Sweden just has that soundness and the battling qualities, while Italy along with Spain and Germany is a top3 team in the world.

I would had prefer to have McGill vs O´Sullivan straight away. And Higgins vs Robertson. Those would had been the matches. Well a one of those may still happen. I just always enjoy with no end while someone can just steamroll the people.

Portugaaaal mate, Portugaaaaal mate. I think I might be moving in soon. While having the money. There is an all great climate everywhere in Portugal you know. Just like in Florida, just without those flaws. But let´s see this one first, and a wee bit of some upcoming snooker also.

Portugal? If you come to my country please don't come across me, I might have a heart attack or something because you're obviously some kind of alien species...

But my country is indeed a place with very nice weather. Now a bit cold but still...

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:I'll be surprised if Robertson wins two frames.

He certainly won't beat Ronnie.

This is a short format, anything can happen. :bags:

Hope Ronn makes it through though

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'll be surprised if Robertson wins two frames.

He certainly won't beat Ronnie.

This is a short format, anything can happen. :bags:

Hope Ronn makes it through though

Not anything.

I couldn't beat Ronnie in a best of seven.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:They have a close h2h and Neil won the last meeting.

Neil winning wouldnt be a surprise. He is a triple crown winner. And playing Ronnie spurns him on.

50p says Ronnie wins.

Postby Wildey

Shanghai is his faverite Chinese Event

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:All the previous CoCs in one group

some would say they are still COC's lol

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

Shanghai is his faverite Chinese Event

Given the choice, I would prefer if he won the NI Open.

Shanghai offers more prize money I think, but it would keep the million alive... it's virtually impossible, but Ronnie in NI would make things interesting...

Postby TheSaviour

Even Shaun is a bit lightweighted. No matter if he will get past Hamilton and perhaps even to win the final.

Thought I could not accelerated past him (or Mark Selby) ?? Ha haa. Surely can. That´s why there´s always a lot´s of options and a good standards overally.

Any good poster never allows to slips the all in. There must be always even something more better to look forward and to always having an answer when they keep on coming at you.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:This is not a group format. Change the title of the thread!

#importantissues

So look. Er... I hate to be the pendant, but each day so far from where I'm sat has been a 'group' of players with one eventual winner going through to the semi-final. The word group does not mean that they all have to play each other. ok?

So, Ronnie to win today's group of players. :P

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
So look. Er... I hate to be the pendant, but each day so far from where I'm sat has been a 'group' of players with one eventual winner going through to the semi-final. The word group does not mean that they all have to play each other. ok?

So, Ronnie to win today's group of players. :P

I've brought up the 'It's Not A Group' thing a few times this week, but mainly in jest. Just because it's something other people have been bringing up, and I don't really care about. <laugh>

I think they just call them groups, to differentiate the tournament a bit from other tournaments. Most tournaments have the Last 16 matches all played, then when they are finished, you play the Quarter Finals, then when they are finish you play the Semis etc....

Here you play two Last 16 matches and the Quarter Final in the evening, and then start again. If you play each day as a 'group', it might mean it's easier to follow if you're just tuning in and have never watched the tournament before.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am not sure but I think it should really be called a 'league'. That's the correct name for this type of set up and will hopefully stop any further debate on the matter.

Baddy, that would imply they all play each other.

League: 'a group of sports clubs which play each other over a period for a championship.'

Group: 'a number of people or things that are located, gathered, or classed together'