Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Group 3 !!!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Liang is a bucking bottler! Remember his match against Ronnie at last season's Masters?!

should have never missed that black..

glad he did though, otherwise Ron wouldnt have been record 7 Masters titles. :-D

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Liang is a bucking bottler! Remember his match against Ronnie at last season's Masters?!

I also remember his match against Judd, in the English Open final. :chin:

So if you remember that match you'll remember Liang also chocked...

Lucky for him Trump chocked even harder...

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:I'd have preferred Liang, to be fair.

Judd / Brecel vs Liang would've been good.

With Selby as the winner, I'd probably prefer a Selby vs Judd match. But not as fussed.

I hope Judd wins now as I don't think Brecel has the game to trouble Selby.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
should have never missed that black..

glad he did though, otherwise Ron wouldnt have been record 7 Masters titles. :-D

Not a ranking event. Don't care. :chin:

I did then because I wanted him to have a TC record on his own.

Now that he has it, all I care is rankers. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

You're right about the NI, in honesty. Keep the million dream alive.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

You're right about the NI, in honesty. Keep the million dream alive.

His draw isnt all that hard... I think he could face Higgins in the Quarters...

But when I think Ronnie's draw aint too hard, he somehow butchers it... we'll see..

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
His draw isnt all that hard... I think he could face Higgins in the Quarters...

But when I think Ronnie's draw aint too hard, he somehow butchers it... we'll see..

On paper, his draw this week is tough. Robertson, then possibly Higgins.

Saying that, I'd be amazed if Robbo even wins two frames.

He's done nothing form-wise lately, to convince me he beats Ronnie.

Postby TheRocket

Would like to see a Trump-Selby match now. Its kinda annoying imo that they keep avoiding each other in the majors, especially in multi-session matches.

Just played one bucking match and that was more than six years ago in the China Open when Judd had his breakthrough.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Just played one bucking match and that was more than six years ago in the China Open when Judd had his breakthrough.

I remember that match.

They were getting through two frames an hour. You'd get Selby win a 54 minute frame, followed by Judd making one in about 5 minutes with a century. rofl

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Would like to see a Trump-Selby match now. Its kinda annoying imo that they keep avoiding each other in the majors, especially in multi-session matches.

Just played one bucking match and that was more than six years ago in the China Open when Judd had his breakthrough.

I think Trump has the game to beat Selby at the Worlds, plus he has no battle scars against him, unlike the other top players.

But like you say he keeps avoiding him at the Majors.

That China Final was a tremendous match though, I think both had 3 centuries each, very high quality.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I think Trump has the game to beat Selby at the Worlds, plus he has no battle scars against him, unlike the other top players.

That China Final was a tremendous match though, I think both had 3 centuries each, very high quality.

How many times have they actually played?

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Just played one bucking match and that was more than six years ago in the China Open when Judd had his breakthrough.

I remember that match.

They were getting through two frames an hour. You'd get Selby win a 54 minute frame, followed by Judd making one in about 5 minutes with a century. rofl

I thought Selby played well in that match. His safety-game was top and cuetracker says he made 3 centuries, a 80+ and 90+ break. So even scoring-wise he played a good match.

Trump really potted everything he went for but thats how it really was in 2011. Still think, he should have won the World Championship that year.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Brecel has responded really well this season after that Fu loss at the WC

But his China Champs title didnt exactly convince me...

yes he won it and thats all that matters, but that was one of the worst finals standard wise in recent years.

But I think he'll get great results again soon.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Glitterballgate for Trump

What happened?

The sparkle from the glitterball was in Trump's eyeline.

Brecel then got a chance and made a 40 break without ever really being in position especially for the second half of the break.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Trump really potted everything he went for but thats how it really was in 2011. Still think, he should have won the World Championship that year.

Trump became very good very quickly then.

I remember he was barely good enough to qualify for a tournament. Suddenly, he was playing nearly perfect, tournament winning snooker pretty much over night.

He was almost unbeatable, until he played John Higgins. Who showed the youngster how it was done. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:The sparkle from the glitterball was in Trump's eyeline.

Brecel then got a chance and made a 40 break without ever really being in position especially for the second half of the break.

I thought you meant the glitterball fell on his head. rofl

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I think Trump has the game to beat Selby at the Worlds, plus he has no battle scars against him, unlike the other top players.

How many times have they actually played?

CL apart, they've played 10 times, 5 wins each.

Selby won the first 3, but from then Trump has dominated.

For me their 2 best matches were obviously the China Final and a German Masters 5-4 win for Selby, Trump even made a 147 on that one.

Postby TheRocket

They have played two bo11 matches and one bo19 match and Trump won all three. He even destroyed him in those bo11 matches (6:1 and 6:2).

So atm Selby has never beaten Trump in a bo11 or longer match.