Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Group 3 !!!

Postby SteveJJ

TheRocket wrote:great match to watch this unlike the first one which involved the world number one and mighty Selbo.

I think you have to cut Selby some slack on that one considering he only arrived back from China yesterday morning.

Postby TheRocket

SteveJJ wrote:
TheRocket wrote:great match to watch this unlike the first one which involved the world number one and mighty Selbo.

I think you have to cut Selby some slack on that one considering he only arrived back from China yesterday morning.

you have a point but I still prefer watching the likes of O'Sullivan,Trump or Brecel (if he plays like this) anytime over Selby.

Some players just play the game in a more attractive way than others. You see Selby make centuries but make it look like hard work. Then you see the likes of O'Sullivan, Trump and the way Brecel did it and and its just more enjoyable.

I'm not having a go at others btw or those who enjoy watching Selby. Each to their own.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:

Fair point actually.

Having two play two matches after that would test anybody's stamina.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Train chaos again. Sat in the pub by Sutton station. Hope I'll get back in time for the evening match.

Selby vs Brecel then.

This pub is cheap for South London. But then I am drinking Carling.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Amazing match by Brecel.
If he plays like that tonight, he'll breeze through Selby like a knife through butter.

What was the score?

4-0

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

you have a point but I still prefer watching the likes of O'Sullivan,Trump or Brecel (if he plays like this) anytime over Selby.

Some players just play the game in a more attractive way than others. You see Selby make centuries but make it look like hard work. Then you see the likes of O'Sullivan, Trump and the way Brecel did it and and its just more enjoyable.

I'm not having a go at others btw or those who enjoy watching Selby. Each to their own.

Well said mate.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Brillant. By far the best I've ever seen Brecel play. Better than the one when he whitewashed Murphy.

When Luca's like this he's virtually unstopable.

Problem is with him it can suddenly change and he turns into crap mode... he needs to develop a better B game if his A game not wrking.

Postby TheRocket

You could see in the post match interview that Hendry wants Brecel to do well. He appreciates the way Brecel plays.

Brecel probably reminds him of the way he always played.

Postby Andy Spark

Luca looked both brilliant and relaxed almost to the point of carelessness in that match. Great stuff!

Postby Andre147

SteveJJ wrote:Playing with a broken cue as well.

Didn't hear the beginning - did his main cue get lost in transit from China?

He just said he lost it, he didn't exactly mention it was at the airport.

Postby SnookerFan

That was a mug question from McManus. Selby is in his third reign as World Champion. Number one by a decade or so.

"Do you feel under pressure to play well as World Champion, or does it come natural?"

Fair to say he's used to it.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:Is it me, or does Hendry sound like he doesn't know who Brecel is?

He's done more commentary work for BBC - and for that he's contractually obliged not to know any player outside the top 6. Otherwise he wouldn't have got the job.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:That was a mug question from McManus. Selby is in his third reign as World Champion. Number one by a decade or so.

"Do you feel under pressure to play well as World Champion, or does it come natural?"

Fair to say he's used to it.

Being World Champion never feels natural unlike you are/were Hendry who won it 5 times in a row and really owned that tournament. But as you say. Its fair to say he's getting used to it. Thats true.