Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Group 2 !!!

Postby Wildey

You know what sometimes its good to have a reminder how bloody hard snooker is to play and then you will apreciate the sport more when you see brilliance.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:You know what sometimes its good to have a reminder how bloody hard snooker is to play and then you will apreciate the sport more when you see brilliance.

This tournament has been far from being poor on quality, the 3 matches I mentioned are just an example that the quality has been fairly good.

There's been 6 matches played so far... 3 of them being good standard, the other 3 not great, so things are even at the moment.

Postby mick745

I wonder whether asking the players to play a bo7 followed by a bo11 is contributing to some poor matches? 18 frames in a day is quite a lot especially when there is not much gap between the second afternoon match and the evening session.

Postby Andre147

"The way I play snooker – aggressive, going for my shots, long pots, big breaks – I have to be getting them because my B-game, C-game doesn’t really exist. I never have been a really good safety player and I have accepted now that if I am going to win, I have to win like that. In the group final I had three centuries, a 78 and a 93."

This is what Murphy said post-match and for once I agree with him. He has one of the worst safety games of the Top 16.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:"The way I play snooker – aggressive, going for my shots, long pots, big breaks – I have to be getting them because my B-game, C-game doesn’t really exist. I never have been a really good safety player and I have accepted now that if I am going to win, I have to win like that. In the group final I had three centuries, a 78 and a 93."

This is what Murphy said post-match and for once I agree with him. He has one of the worst safety games of the Top 16.

I would call that a limiting belief. There is absolutely no reason why he couldn't get good at safety. Look at how Ronnie did it when he worked with Ray Reardon all those years ago.

Postby The_Abbott

Wildey wrote:You know what sometimes its good to have a reminder how bloody hard snooker is to play and then you will apreciate the sport more when you see brilliance.

Let me know when you spot some brilliance and I'll wake up :shakehands: