Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Group 4!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Would like Ronnie to win this now, even though it's no ranking event.

Stick to your convictions. <ok>

OK then.

Given the option, I would prefer if he had a deep run in SHanghai and lost to Hamilton on Saturday. <ok>

<ok>

Postby TheRocket

would like to see him win this but don't really care that much tbh. I just don't rate this tournament that much.

But this match today was really important. Because it has put an end to a 10 year old mental block.

And I expect him to play Higgins a lot this season.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:would like to see him win this but don't really care that much tbh. I just don't rate this tournament that much.

But this match today was really important. Because it has put an end to a 10 year old mental block.

And I expect him to play Higgins a lot this season.

I know what you mean...

But until Ronnie beats Higgins in a big event, say UK, Masters or Worlds, that mental block hasn't quite been fully overcome.

But he did make a huge step today towards that, no doubt about it.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:
You know what?

Selby has skipped the NI Open again this season.

Smart choice. I just think the NI Open's position in the schedule is wrong due to a Triple Crown event straight after.

But anyway, great win for Ronnie. Very strong end to that match with 2 tons and a 6-0 whitewash against Higgins no less. Can't see him losing the CoC now but Luca will be deadly if he makes the final. He's like a sniper when he goes about his game, very accurate and dangerous.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Would like Ronnie to win this now

He will.

Now that all your predictions come true... Will Ronnie win the Worlds next year?

Ask me in April.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I though I'd be half watching this and half watching the N Ireland-Switzerland game. This was over by the time the second half had started.

I live next door to an Irish pub. Should go round for the Republic game.

Saturday clashes with the snooker. So won't bother.

Postby Alex0paul

Pedro147 wrote:Question - if Ronnie won all 4 Home Nations, would the millions pound bonus be added to his two year prize money for ranking points or is it just a financial bonus outside the ranking system?

Wouldn't count towards his ranking

Postby Alex0paul

TheSaviour wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Honestly this time around I don't care much if Ronnie loses early here or has a deep run...

I'd like him to win the NI Open and/or the UK Champs. Those are the 2 he should be aiming for. We all know he won't do much damage in Shanghai.

I can´t see him even aiming that much to win the NI Open. Even with that million pounds possibility, it is just a money. And he knows that is just not going to happen with all those short match formats and lot´s of matches to win. He might be still be carrying some battling scares from the UK 2016 final. Selby was just ruthless and just brushed him away. I would love Ronnie to play really well in York again. He might need some good coaching before it in order to make it happen. He should use his creativity. But even that won´t be enough IF Selby would play that much well again.

This certainly is the group of death. It would only require Selby to perhaps be there to make it absolutely perfect. Wow. What a group. Anthony McGill, John Higgins, Neil Robertson and Ronnie O´Sullivan. That´s just insane. No idea at all how these matches will be played. It is same as Sweden vs Italy. That´s just insanely high quality. Sweden just has that soundness and the battling qualities, while Italy along with Spain and Germany is a top3 team in the world.

I would had prefer to have McGill vs O´Sullivan straight away. And Higgins vs Robertson. Those would had been the matches. Well a one of those may still happen. I just always enjoy with no end while someone can just steamroll the people.

Portugaaaal mate, Portugaaaaal mate. I think I might be moving in soon. While having the money. There is an all great climate everywhere in Portugal you know. Just like in Florida, just without those flaws. But let´s see this one first, and a wee bit of some upcoming snooker also.

Portugaaaal mate