Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:"On behalf of all the players, I'd like to pay a tribute to Ronnie for the the standard he is playing.“

That is why O’Sullivan has had it so easy. Ridiculous thing for a professional sportsman to say

No that's just Shaun being a brown-nose, there's a lot of players who don't bend over for him, but Shaun is not one of them.

Selby
Higgins
Trump
Ding

Off the top of my head, even players like Perry or King don't exactly give in, there's many more too. I don't believe the fear factor is as high as people think. All the players know a good performance against him will pay dividends.

its still a ridicilous thing for a sportsman to say ca you imagine Nadal saying that regarding Federer or Rory Mcilroy regarding Tiger Woods.

NO WAY ON EARTH.

Hendry has said for years Murphy's problem and why he has not had the results his obvious talent could have is he hasent got the Killer instinct needed at top level sport.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Maybe not Nadal but I'm sure there have been plenty of top 10/20 players who were completely subservient to Federer over the years. Darts was a complete joke with the way players would slobber over Phil "feel" Taylor and there were top players who have absolutely pathetic records against him. Barneveld one of the best players ever was turned into a shell of a man by Taylor.

Snooker players aren't that bad with Ronnie. There have been times when players were hammered but they have been able to come back and beat him like Bingham and Hawkins have done at the Crucible. Even Murphy had a two-session final win over him this season. Twice in recent years, Ronnie has had a quick 6-0 win at the Masters where everyone thought he was unstoppable only to lose 6-1 in the next round. Mark Davis and Mark King were three down with four to play and both beat only a year ago.

Postby snookerguy

It's like any sport.

Weak minded players crumble before the greats.

Strong minded players see the greats as a challenge.

I also think it should be much easier in snooker for people not to be affected by your opponent, you don't even need to know who your opponent is to play snooker. It would be entirely possible to play a game and not see them if you each walked out the arena between shots (that would make an interesting game, to see if players could work out who they were playing from their shot selection alone).

Postby SnookerFan

snookerguy wrote:It's like any sport.

Weak minded players crumble before the greats.

Strong minded players see the greats as a challenge.

I also think it should be much easier in snooker for people not to be affected by your opponent, you don't even need to know who your opponent is to play snooker. It would be entirely possible to play a game and not see them if you each walked out the arena between shots (that would make an interesting game, to see if players could work out who they were playing from their shot selection alone).

Still discussing the Players Championships?