Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

snooky147 wrote:@thesaviour Listen mate, 96% of that post was total gibberish and the other 4% was nonsense. Stick to the topic.


<laugh>

The mods getting involved with The Saviour's nonsense.

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Why is it that only us Irish see anything in horse racing?

I don't dislike horse racing because it's boring.

I have an issue with sports that use animals to do the work, breed them specifically for human entertainment and disgard those that don't make the cut or are no longer viable. Same with dog racing, dressage etc.

I won't be going on a Vodkadiet-esque crusade over it, but it doesn't sit right with me.

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why is it that only us Irish see anything in horse racing?

I don't dislike horse racing because it's boring.

I have an issue with sports that use animals to do the work, breed them specifically for human entertainment and disgard those that don't make the cut or are no longer viable. Same with dog racing, dressage etc.

I won't be going on a Vodkadiet-esque crusade over it, but it doesn't sit right with me.


Yeah. I'd agree with this.

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:Why is it that only us Irish see anything in horse racing?

for the record I think Rugby is the most boring sport.

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why is it that only us Irish see anything in horse racing?

for the record I think Rugby is the most boring sport.


You've seen tennis, right?

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why is it that only us Irish see anything in horse racing?


I'm Irish and I don't get it at all.



I think it's a generational thing. My grandad loves it and still has a bet to this day and he's 90. I can't stand horse racing. A complete waste of time. Have very few friends that like it. I like a bet on football and GAA but love watching both anyway. I wonder how many horse racing fans enjoy it without a bet? None in my experience. Mugs game.

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why is it that only us Irish see anything in horse racing?

for the record I think Rugby is the most boring sport.


You've seen tennis, right?

yea and Rugby beats it hands down

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why is it that only us Irish see anything in horse racing?

for the record I think Rugby is the most boring sport.


You've seen tennis, right?

yea and Rugby beats it hands down


I disagree.

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby SteveJJ

snooky147 wrote:@thesaviour Listen mate, 96% of that post was total gibberish and the other 4% was nonsense. Stick to the topic.


I liked the bit where he suggests 'they' (whoever they are) should try and make more sense. Pot and kettle spring to mind.

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The Saviour is great. Always brightens my mornings with his left-field analysis of snooker, life and occasionally brawling. I hope one day to meet the Saviour as I think he would be great company for a six or seven pints.

Viva le Saviour

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why is it that only us Irish see anything in horse racing?


I'm Irish and I don't get it at all.



I think it's a generational thing. My grandad loves it and still has a bet to this day and he's 90. I can't stand horse racing. A complete waste of time. Have very few friends that like it. I like a bet on football and GAA but love watching both anyway. I wonder how many horse racing fans enjoy it without a bet? None in my experience. Mugs game.

Horse racing is popular with all ages where I live. And I've never had a bet. I think most diehard horse-racing fans have close to zero interest in betting.

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby TheSaviour

Badsnookerplayer wrote:The Saviour is great. Always brightens my mornings with his left-field analysis of snooker, life and occasionally brawling. I hope one day to meet the Saviour as I think he would be great company for a six or seven pints.

Viva le Saviour


Thanks mate! Might be, might. That six or seven pints. To me the only way to get laid lol. Unfortunately that´s how I predicts my life will progress. Given that my famous or an infamous prediction-record I can´t see how it wouldn´t be the case.

But I have been thinking about how the players like participating on here can be solid. Or to be more precise, what´s the real value of it. Since I have checked out those skiing races going on at the winter Olympics at the moment. Most of them have spent all their life from the little kid skiing. Skiing as a little kid, kid or a teenager while the conditions usually are poor. Wet snow, ice, tough wind and so on. But still they have been skiing down the slopes. Surely they have been grew to be solid. To ski solidly, no matter what the conditions or the pressures might be. As a kid if they wouldn´t had learned to be solid they would had hurt themselves much more than they have. So what´s the value now when they ski solidly? That´s a basic thing to them. And then a few of them manages to put some extra in it and to make it. And then the audiences are like wooooooowwww, totally incredible!! Well yes, but that´s what the sport is all about. Any professional worker does get better and manages to put in that extra. Any casual worker just ain´t solid, as the professional skiers are. But then what stops many snooker up and coming - players or a hobby players of being solid? Their instincts, our instincts, tells us that this sad little game has no value in life. It´s not like skiing down the icy slope where you need to look after yourself and the solidness is a must. So snooker is a game of which requires a massive, massive concentration in order to be solid and to have even a shout of learning those rather mathematical manouvers which are required if wanting to be a pro. I have been amused while watching when some good players are laughing to some hobby player in a way wheeeeeereeeeee´s the cue ball going. But those hobby players ain´t dumb. It just about to concentrate to make that pot. That´s always the first step. And it is a spot on brainwork to concentrate solely on it.

I have found it highly amusing of where those good players does get activated lol. At time I am like isn´t this a straight in - situation?? They are no, no. And then they get activated on a truly hilarious days.

But about these snooker heroes participating on here. Their behaviour lately has got drastically and dramatically better. I am delighted about it. As you know I have never been any troublemaker. But I can get irritated given what´s going on in the world. But Ronnie, Selby, Allen, Higgins should just do their duty and to stop act like a sad little s.... Neither of them can´t win it all. A title or a two per season and they should be perfectly happy with it. If that one title is the worlds, even more so. We all should feel being important while just following the game. The way they promote the game the way it is. We can´t know what´s going on. But we can know how it is being promoted, and that´s the way it is. That´s the reality. If something would be perfect. No, no. No pain, no gain. No connection. Don´t be too much of a perfectionist. Whoever first timer wins this title should be happy with it, as well as the rest of us too. If that´s someone like Selby or Allen who wins the title we should try to calculate and analyse. Of how the things are and has something changed. If it ain´t perfect we can communicate better with the other people. And then we can come back to post more. And more. If there´s that double-standard of which no-one can avoid while reading even part of it then you got it. Then you should know you are in for a treat.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 15 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.