Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final Higgins v Williams !!

Postby Gridlock

Thoroughly enjoyed the entire season especially since I was able to follow it from beginning to end! Well done Willo! Cheers snooker friends! Looking forward to Q school hopefully will be covered on youtube or something.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:No doubt that this is the icing on the cake for MJW. He'd had a great career already of course but to win another World title after 15 years and all those bad years must be special.

He said in this press conference he wouldn't care if he didn't won another match after this or his form gone downhill.

And I think his form will drop a little bit. Don't think he'll win another World title or have another great season as this. But as he said. Who cares after yesterday?

Maybe not another World Title, but I can definately see him winning more tournaments in the future, another TC event like The Masters, I can definately see him winning that one again. And a few more rankers.

Postby hendry_fan

Short n simple from Hendry_fan after the final of the most important snooker tournament,....

Well,i,m disappointed,but not gutted,at least he did,nt lose it on a decider,then i would of been well n truly gutted. :-)

Who would,nt be disappointed,seeing there,or one of there fav players lose in a World Final.

MJW,well n truly deserved to win though.

John did fantastic to come back,but a good few times when he did start coming back,he often spoilt it,by lettin MJW keep getting off the hook,due to playin a poor safety,missing an easy(ish) pot,runnin outta position,or bcause MJW was pullin out many raspers to start the frame or to keep the break going,he certainly lived up to his name,"The Welsh Potting Machine".,his safety was very good as well.

Many congrats to MJW,what an achievement!,World Champ at 43.

:clap: NOW 3 TIMES WORLD CHAMPION!. :clap:

MJW, :win: :bowdown: :hatoff: :clap: <ok> :cracker: :clap:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Bit snookered out after that compelling two weeks worth of viewing.

In the snooker hall today, the general consensus was that it was the best final that people had seen and everyone I spoke to was pleased for Williams. I didn't speak to Jimmy R who was there practising, but I am sure he would have been pleased for him despite losing to him.

Postby Gridlock

hendry_fan wrote:Short n simple from Hendry_fan after the final of the most important snooker tournament,....

Well,i,m disappointed,but not gutted,at least he did,nt lose it on a decider,then i would of been well n truly gutted. :-)

Who would,nt be disappointed,seeing there,or one of there fav players lose in a World Final.

MJW,well n truly deserved to win though.

John did fantastic to come back,but a good few times when he did start coming back,he often spoilt it,by lettin MJW keep getting off the hook,due to playin a poor safety,missing an easy(ish) pot,runnin outta position,or bcause MJW was pullin out many raspers to start the frame or to keep the break going,he certainly lived up to his name,"The Welsh Potting Machine".,his safety was very good as well.

Many congrats to MJW,what an achievement!,World Champ at 43.

:clap: NOW 3 TIMES WORLD CHAMPION!. :clap:

MJW, :win: :bowdown: :hatoff: :clap: <ok> :cracker: :clap:

So glad to hear you Mr HF. You know I always pull for the Scots but Willo is my guy! GREAT tournament. Cheers friend!

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:There's always a chance Selby will make a comeback as well.

Selby not gone away mate if williams has done anything is to prove no matter how bad your form dips no matter how far down the rankings you drop another great championship is still there if you want it and nobody works harder than Selby and he will get it again.

Postby Gridlock

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:There's always a chance Selby will make a comeback as well.

Selby not gone away mate if williams has done anything is to prove no matter how bad your form dips no matter how far down the rankings you drop another great championship is still there if you want it and nobody works harder than Selby and he will get it again.

Lovely Miss Vicki will see to it.