Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Satch4

vodkadiet wrote:Imagine you fell in to a coma after the 98 final. You have just woken up and a nurse says to you "Ahh! You have woken up. You're just in time to watch the World Snooker final. It's John Higgins vs Mark Williams."

Your memory is rekindled and you turn to the nurse and say "What? Have I been asleep for a whole year?"

Then you see them play and think "if snooker is stressful enough to age people this fast, it should be banned"

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie still had the better season

1 major and 4 other big tournaments.


2 rankers + World Title surpass that.

the only way ROS would have had a better season is if this title was their first of the season.

I'd trade those rankers ROS has for the World Title.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie still had the better season

1 major and 4 other big tournaments.


2 rankers + World Title surpass that.

the only way ROS would have had a better season is if this title was their first of the season.

I'd trade those rankers ROS has for the World Title.


Whoever wins the final here has had the best season. There's no getting away from that.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie still had the better season

1 major and 4 other big tournaments.


2 rankers + World Title surpass that.

the only way ROS would have had a better season is if this title was their first of the season.

I'd trade those rankers ROS has for the World Title.


We can talk about MJWs case but please regarding John

He won the Indian Open.

Ronnie failed at the worlds but he had a hell of a season. No one won more. Simple.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie still had the better season

1 major and 4 other big tournaments.


2 rankers + World Title surpass that.

the only way ROS would have had a better season is if this title was their first of the season.

I'd trade those rankers ROS has for the World Title.


We can talk about MJWs case but please regarding John

He won the Indian Open.

Ronnie failed at the worlds but he had a hell of a season. No one won more. Simple.


What have you got against Indians?

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Better to have 29 rankers by winning the WC and not 33 rankers by winning 5 of them?


WC counts for 4 or 5 ranking events alone.

I know 33 is a better numbe than 29, but I'd rather he have 29 AND a 6th World Title than 33 with 5 Worlds.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:MJW lost in the 2011 semi 4 frames on the black. FOUR.


tomorrow and monday might be more lol so dont act surprised if this happens.
Last edited by Andre147 on 06 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Iranu

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Better to have 29 rankers by winning the WC and not 33 rankers by winning 5 of them?

We're talking about the season, not careers.

The winner tomorrow will have had the better season, especially MJW, that's not an insult to Ronnie.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Alex0paul

masterdoctorgenius wrote:As long as MJW wins i am happy. He can be the player of the season.

3rd world title would be justice to his talent. He deserves to have at least the same amount of titles like MJW. I doubt he will get another crack at the worlds.


Given that MJW is MJW then he will have the same amount of World titles as MJW win or lose

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Andre147

MJW or Higgins will have the best season (ok MJW more since Higgins won that silly Indian Open with it's rubbish short format), with ROS being on 2nd place and Selby 3rd.

ROS had one hell of a season though so at least even if he didnt win the Worlds he won a lot of other big tournaments.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Better to have 29 rankers by winning the WC and not 33 rankers by winning 5 of them?


WC counts for 4 or 5 ranking events alone.

I know 33 is a better numbe than 29, but I'd rather he have 29 AND a 6th World Title than 33 with 5 Worlds.

Nah it counts for one ranker. This is one of the problems with snooker, the worlds is just too big compared to the rest.


It's silly to consider Ronnie winning 5 ranking events and the way he's won them as irrelevant compared to the worlds.
Last edited by eraserhead on 06 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Alex0paul wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:As long as MJW wins i am happy. He can be the player of the season.

3rd world title would be justice to his talent. He deserves to have at least the same amount of titles like MJW. I doubt he will get another crack at the worlds.


Given that MJW is MJW then he will have the same amount of World titles as MJW win or lose


Meant Selby

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:I hope Ronnie feels depressed seeing the two class of 1992 battling it out and he is not there. May spur him on. But i doubt it.


I hope it does.

Should have been Higgins v ROS.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:I hope Ronnie feels depressed seeing the two class of 1992 battling it out and he is not there. May spur him on. But i doubt it.


I hope it does.

Should have been Higgins v ROS.


I will cheer for Mjw like i would for Ronnie. Will be tensed. He deserves all the struggles to crown this wonderful season.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby vodkadiet

Satch4 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Imagine you fell in to a coma after the 98 final. You have just woken up and a nurse says to you "Ahh! You have woken up. You're just in time to watch the World Snooker final. It's John Higgins vs Mark Williams."

Your memory is rekindled and you turn to the nurse and say "What? Have I been asleep for a whole year?"

Then you see them play and think "if snooker is stressful enough to age people this fast, it should be banned"


rofl rofl rofl

:hatoff:

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby mantorok

TheRocket wrote:Hawkins will never win the world title you have to say now. Just doesnt have that consistency. But this tournament is really tough. it really is. Just watched Higgins press conference and he said they should make the semis a bo27 or 29.

3 days is too long for this.


I agree. It's like watching 2 finals. Round 2 should be best of 21 then 23 then semis 25. Otherwise the final doesn't stand out.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 2: Hawkins v Williams

Postby mantorok

masterdoctorgenius wrote:I hope Ronnie feels depressed seeing the two class of 1992 battling it out and he is not there. May spur him on. But i doubt it.


I doubt it. He's probably more releived it's not him going through tough and agonising matches like this.