Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby Pink Ball

GJ wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Iceman33 wrote:After 8 years people still talking about the "match fixing"? LOL. The fact is John Higgins will play in the WC final for 7-th time, like it or not. Deal with it.

Yes, we are. As much of simpletons like to pretend he did nothing wrong. No, I don't like it, yes, I will deal with it and, no, I will not stop talking about the match fixing. I'd prefer to be banned than to stop myself talking about it.



He served his ban and yes it was lenient but if you were up on any offence would you say sorry that's to light :?

An apology would have been nice. He's a nice man, he made a terrible mistake, he deserves to move on with his life, but his snooker career is tainted.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby Andre147

It wasnt Higgins fault that he got such a short ban, but rather the authorities. If I were Higgins I would also never complain, but fact is he should have gotten longer.

And yes, hes in a World Final again for the 7th and hats off to him for that. He's a legend of the game and a great one.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:It wasnt Higgins fault that he got such a short ban, but rather the authorities. If I were Higgins I would also never complain, but fact is he should have gotten longer.

And yes, hes in a World Final again for the 7th and hats off to him for that. He's a legend of the game and a great one.



Well summed up <cool>

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby Pink Ball

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:An emotional John pays tribute to his conquered opponent.

You're a real man John. Very honest.




Class act all these perfect people really are sickening never make mistakes obviously

:irk:

If O'Sullivan had done it, you would never have let it go.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby GJ

Pink Ball wrote:
GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:An emotional John pays tribute to his conquered opponent.

You're a real man John. Very honest.




Class act all these perfect people really are sickening never make mistakes obviously

:irk:

If O'Sullivan had done it, you would never have let it go.


I just said his ban was lenient :roll:

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby TheRocket

GJ wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Someone said on Snookerdookery that Higgins might be destined to win the World title the year the Champions League final takes place in Kiev.



I doubt he cares what perfect people who never make mistakes think


its not about being perfect or whatever. Higgins is a great player no doubt. No one can deny his ability as a player.

But it was sickening to see him in front of the cameras talking about spanish villas and swallowing 300000. And he didn't even have the balls to admit that he made a mistake. Instead he said some rubbish like he didn't know where he was. He was scared and thought he was in front of the mafia. Yeah sure.

The man is a blatant liar and he got away with it. And the punishment was a joke. Everyone knows it but World Snooker, the authorities, the media. They all pretend like nothing ever happened.

Nevertheless thats history now and the guy will play another World final but that famous video will always be a part of Higgins and his career. Whether he likes it o rnot.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby GJ

How do we know Higgins wasn't just playing along as he was afraid of what may happen to him and he decided to go along with it for his own safety.

For me theres enough doubt to say yes the ban was lenient but that the ban length wasn't his decision.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby GJ

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Bar judd who is a known choker vs Higgins and never beat him in a big match Johns draw was a joke.

2nd loss in a row would be sweet.

4 wins to 3 defeats. Not a statistic you want to have. Especially not losing two in a row.



Kyren has beaten trump in both big matches so by your logic judd was a joke draw for Higgins as well.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby Holden Chinaski

GJ wrote:How do we know Higgins wasn't just playing along as he was afraid of what may happen to him and he decided to go along with it for his own safety..

I always like Higgins a lot. I respect him. He seems like a nice guy and obviously a genius on the snooker table..

But watching that video was shocking for me. If he was playing along, he's a greater actor than Robert de Niro and Marlon Brando. He seemed to be enjoying himself very much... He deserves an Oscar for that performance if he was playing along. It hurts me to say that because I like him, but sorry that video was shocking.

If Higgins was indeed affraid of his life I am very sorry for posting this.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby GJ

Holden Chinaski wrote:
GJ wrote:How do we know Higgins wasn't just playing along as he was afraid of what may happen to him and he decided to go along with it for his own safety..

I always like Higgins a lot. I respect him. He seems like a nice guy and obviously a genius on the snooker table..

But watching that video was shocking for me. If he was playing along, he's a greater actor than Robert de Niro and Marlon Brando. He seemed to be enjoying himself very much... He deserves an Oscar for that performance if he was playing along. It hurts me to say that because I like him, but sorry that video was shocking.

If Higgins was indeed affraid of his life I am very sorry for posting this.


Listen I could be wrong but theres enough doubt for me not to totally write him off as a person.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:The video was massively edited and made to look a heck of a lot worse. Just read the Sporting Life piece on it for goodness sake.



Voice of reason

<cool>

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby GJ

Matt pro snooker on twitter


John Higgins saying that Kyren reminds him so much of Mark Selby back in 2007, predicting big things for him here in the future.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby Iranu

GJ wrote:Matt pro snooker on twitter


John Higgins saying that Kyren reminds him so much of Mark Selby back in 2007, predicting big things for him here in the future.

You'd better hope he's a better judge of future champions than Ronnie <laugh>

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby TheRocket

GJ wrote:How do we know Higgins wasn't just playing along as he was afraid of what may happen to him and he decided to go along with it for his own safety.

For me theres enough doubt to say yes the ban was lenient but that the ban length wasn't his decision.


He must be the best actor I've ever seen then. He looked so relaxed out there. And his first sentence was something like "There is no cameras , is there"?

Throughout the whole video he looked pretty much like a man who knew exactly what he was talking about. And someone who had done that stuff numerous times before. Talking about spanish villas and swallowing 300000 doesn't sound like a man who is scared either.

However. At the end of the day thats history now. Everyone knows he got away with it. And as you say. The ban was lenient. But as I said before. That famous video will always be a part of Higgins career and affect his reputation as a Snookerplayer and person.
Last edited by TheRocket on 05 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby GJ

Iranu wrote:
GJ wrote:Matt pro snooker on twitter


John Higgins saying that Kyren reminds him so much of Mark Selby back in 2007, predicting big things for him here in the future.

You'd better hope he's a better judge of future champions than Ronnie <laugh>



Lets hope so although Ronnie tipped Kyren as well I recall :gag:

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby Holden Chinaski

GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The video was massively edited and made to look a heck of a lot worse. Just read the Sporting Life piece on it for goodness sake.



Voice of reason

<cool>

Edited or not, he still said all the things we hear him say in that vid. And he said some shocking things. I am not a hater. I like him. But come on..

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby GJ

Funny line from Higgins on the prospect of a final with Williams being extra special... “he’s bald and I’m grey”

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby Iranu

GJ wrote:Funny line from Higgins on the prospect of a final with Williams being extra special... “he’s bald and I’m grey”

rofl

John, you are at least as bald as Williams is.

Williams has same the same "receding" hair line for about 10 years.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby Alex0paul

Holden Chinaski wrote:
GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The video was massively edited and made to look a heck of a lot worse. Just read the Sporting Life piece on it for goodness sake.



Voice of reason

<cool>

Edited or not, he still said all the things we hear him say in that vid. And he said some shocking things. I am not a hater. I like him. But come on..


It’s easy to take things said out of context edited to make a new agenda.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex0paul wrote:It’s easy to take things said out of context edited to make a new agenda.

the things he said in that video were not vague things that you could manipulate at all. It seemed like a man with a lot of cheating experience talking...

How can you take "swallowing money" and "houses in spain" out of context? He was even explaining what kind of shots he would play to lose without people being suspicious.. Come on...

I've said what I wanted to say. Lets leave it at that. Give Higgins an Oscar for best acting ever and admit if Ronnie would ever say stuff like that on camera we would never hear the end of it. Never ever. You would not be able to mention Ronnie's name again.

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Paul Collier
@welshref
The two young boys that had to move seats have just had a backstage tour to make up for having to move, and they now own a pair of my gloves too! #NotReallyAnOgre