Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Wilson v Higgins

Postby mantorok

TheRocket wrote:
mantorok wrote:He wouldn't beat Hawkins in a final. Assuming Barry continues his current form.

He'll probably fold like a cheap tent and let Higgins win it though.

Hawkins is in awe of Higgins. You could already feel and see that in his pre match interviews before his semifinal against Higgins last year.

Thats why I think Williams has a better chance.

Don't get me wrong, Hawkins will need beast mode or close, but even Williams will struggle to beat Higgins I reckon.

I just think with Hawkins being hungry and slightly younger, he has the best chance.

Postby SavoMilosevic

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:If Hawkins wins tonight I think I'll skip the afternoon sessions of the final and actually enjoy this rare nice weather over the next two days.

I don't particularly enjoy either Higgins or Hawkins amd would rather get some vitamin D than watch a Higgins procession.

IMO Hawkins has more chance of beating Higgo than Willo due to the way he plays the game

No way, Willo usually plays very well against Higgins and is not afraid of him. Hawkins will lose 18-11 or something like that.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Hazel loves making John cry

He needs to dry his eyes quickly. There's still a final to play.

Trump is also in tears whilst watching the interview. He is sharing John's joy...

Postby GJ

mantorok wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
mantorok wrote:He wouldn't beat Hawkins in a final. Assuming Barry continues his current form.

Hawkins is in awe of Higgins. You could already feel and see that in his pre match interviews before his semifinal against Higgins last year.

Don't get me wrong, Hawkins will need beast mode or close, but even Williams will struggle to beat Higgins I reckon.

I just think with Hawkins being hungry and slightly younger, he has the best chance.

Agree 100 % :spot on:

Postby Pink Ball

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:An emotional John pays tribute to his conquered opponent.

You're a real man John. Very honest.

Class act all these perfect people really are sickening never make mistakes obviously

:irk:

No, I've never been caught on camera asking how I'd swallow £300,000. This is true. Higgins is no more a class act than Farah, Team Sky, Armstrong, or any other former 'class acts'.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Pink Ball, what's your issue with Mo Farah?

He's a drugs parakeet, plus he's Somalian.

He's never failed a drugs test, though I've heard various things about how his career "doesn't make sense." And of course all athletes have "never failed a drugs test" until they finally do.

But as for him being Somalian a) what does that have to do with anything, and b) he's lived in Britain since he was 8 years old.

Postby GJ

TheRocket wrote:Someone said on Snookerdookery that Higgins might be destined to win the World title the year the Champions League final takes place in Kiev.

I doubt he cares what perfect people who never make mistakes think

Postby mantorok

Snooker Overdrive wrote:To be honest: I don't think either Hawkins nor Williams have a chance against Higgins in this sort of form.

- Beast mode required
- Activate beast mode
- Beast mode activated

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He's never failed a drugs test, though I've heard various things about how his career "doesn't make sense." And of course all athletes have "never failed a drugs test" until they finally do.

But as for him being Somalian a) what does that have to do with anything, and b) he's lived in Britain since he was 8 years old.

I have no issue with his Somalian descent. I couldn't give a toss about that.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:I honestly thought after what happened last year Higgins wouldn't get to another World Final, but hats off to him for doing it again, and straight after that one.

I thought the same thing but in this era of Computer game and Selfie fanatics anything is possible for a 43 year old!!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

MJW has a better chance no doubt.

This isnt to say he would win, but of the two I would put my money on MJW to win the Final.

First he has to reach it, and I think we wont be seeing that. He missed a golden opportunity yesterday to be level at 12-12. and that could cost him.

Postby Pink Ball

GJ wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Someone said on Snookerdookery that Higgins might be destined to win the World title the year the Champions League final takes place in Kiev.

I doubt he cares what perfect people who never make mistakes think

No, he's more concerned with wide-eyed simpletons.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I honestly thought after what happened last year Higgins wouldn't get to another World Final, but hats off to him for doing it again, and straight after that one.

I thought the same thing but in this era of Computer game and Selfie fanatics anything is possible for a 43 year old!!!

Totally agree.

Postby GJ

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I agree with you on Farah and its funny that as soon as people dig him out the old race card is thrown in your face :gag: >-(

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

MJW has a better chance no doubt.

This isnt to say he would win, but of the two I would put my money on MJW to win the Final.

First he has to reach it, and I think we wont be seeing that. He missed a golden opportunity yesterday to be level at 12-12. and that could cost him.

Yesterday? rubbish times flying...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Lance Armstrong never failed any drug tests

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Someone said on Snookerydookery that Higgins might be destined to win the World title the year the Champions League final takes place in Kiev.

I wonder who that was. :gag:

What does Kiev have to do with Higgins? Does he have some past history with the place or something?

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Lance Armstrong never failed any drug tests

You have to be an idiot to fail a drugs test.

Postby Pink Ball

Iceman33 wrote:After 8 years people still talking about the "match fixing"? LOL. The fact is John Higgins will play in the WC final for 7-th time, like it or not. Deal with it.

Yes, we are. As much of simpletons like to pretend he did nothing wrong. No, I don't like it, yes, I will deal with it and, no, I will not stop talking about the match fixing. I'd prefer to be banned than to stop myself talking about it.

Postby Iranu

GJ wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I agree with you on Farah and its funny that as soon as people dig him out the old race card is thrown in your face :gag: >-(

Eh?

Cloud Strife brought up his race, not me.

Postby GJ

Pink Ball wrote:
Iceman33 wrote:After 8 years people still talking about the "match fixing"? LOL. The fact is John Higgins will play in the WC final for 7-th time, like it or not. Deal with it.

Yes, we are. As much of simpletons like to pretend he did nothing wrong. No, I don't like it, yes, I will deal with it and, no, I will not stop talking about the match fixing. I'd prefer to be banned than to stop myself talking about it.

He served his ban and yes it was lenient but if you were up on any offence would you say sorry that's to light :?