Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed May 2nd) Quarter-Finals

Postby Iranu

I'd be very reluctant to suggest Robbo's on a serious decline.

MJW's been written off twice (and at his worst he was much, much worse then Ronnie diring his barren spell) and look at him now.

It's obviously concerning but let's not forget he has won a ranker this season, and all it takes sometimes is one small thing to change a career around.

Keep the faith GJ <ok>

Postby SavoMilosevic

I regret now not going for Hawkins in the predictions, because I was expecting exactly that - Barry playing great stuff at the Crucible again and dominating and Ding crumbling under pressure. But maybe i had too much respect for Ding after his match against McGill.

The good thing is Kyren is almost safe. I don't think Allen can last in this long formats, his technique is not reliable under pressure during long periods of time with that short backswing and jabby action.

I expect Higgins to get the score level because Trump always has patches when he becomes very erratic. I can see this going 13-12 or 13-11 either way.

As for MJW - Carter - Williams should have led 5-3 at least, but I'm glad that he managed to win that last frame. He's the better player IMO at the moment, but Carter looks really intense and he obviously fancies the job. This can go all the way as well.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I miss peak Robertson.

He can dominate opponents fearfully when on song. His talent deserves more than 1 WC

I have consigned myself to the fact he wont win another world title , took his eye off the ball since 2015 and is full of excuses which he never was in his peak.

i think Robbo will be champion again.

Postby Wildey

SavoMilosevic wrote:I regret now not going for Hawkins in the predictions, because I was expecting exactly that - Barry playing great stuff at the Crucible again and dominating and Ding crumbling under pressure. But maybe i had too much respect for Ding after his match against McGill.

The good thing is Kyren is almost safe. I don't think Allen can last in this long formats, his technique is not reliable under pressure during long periods of time with that short backswing and jabby action.

I expect Higgins to get the score level because Trump always has patches when he becomes very erratic. I can see this going 13-12 or 13-11 either way.

As for MJW - Carter - Williams should have led 5-3 at least, but I'm glad that he managed to win that last frame. He's the better player IMO at the moment, but Carter looks really intense and he obviously fancies the job. This can go all the way as well.

Mark Allen is great under pressure dont know where your coming from with that.

He just hasent performed today

Postby vodkadiet

It was so predictable that the '2 table bully' would have his 'beast mode' session and crush the mentally weak Ding. Hawkins much more attractive to watch than Ding.

Allen's display matched his walk on music, 'Freed from desire'....

Wilson was very good. He will be World Champion now.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:

He can dominate opponents fearfully when on song. His talent deserves more than 1 WC

I have consigned myself to the fact he wont win another world title , took his eye off the ball since 2015 and is full of excuses which he never was in his peak.

For me, the biggest turning point for Robertson was the 2013 defeat to Selby in the semis.

He played unbelievably well at that stage, he had the 100+ tons, he just made a brilliant comeback against Trump, he was the man of the hour. And then it all went wrong somehow.

Maybe he would be on 3 or even 4 World Titles now had he won against Selby that day.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:When was peak Ding last seen?

The first session against McGill.

I didn't see that session - was he that good?

Presumably so - given the scoreline

He got in, scored heavily. Looked a different player in the second session. And against Hawkins.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:

For me, the biggest turning point for Robertson was the 2013 defeat to Selby in the semis.

He played unbelievably well at that stage, he had the 100+ tons, he just made a brilliant comeback against Trump, he was the man of the hour. And then it all went wrong somehow.

Maybe he would be on 3 or even 4 World Titles now had he won against Selby that day.

Postby GJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ding's one chance at redemption.

More chance of flying pigs he may get a few back but no way Hawk loses from here.