Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Tue May 1st) Quarter Final !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 21st of April~Monday 7th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

The quarter finals sees a repeat of the Masters Final between Kyren Wilson and Mark Allen, Mark won that match but at the Crucible Wilson has beaten Allen 13-9 in 2016.

Also theres a repeat of the 2011 Final here between Judd Trump and John Higgins which John won in a close Match and Back in 2013 when Hawkins reached the final he beat Ding Junhui 13-7 at this stage will Ding Junhui get revenge.

And last but by no means least Mark Williams will take on Ali Carter the conqueror of Ronnie O'Sullivan they have never played at the crucible before.

Exciting Matches over two days who will progress to the semi finals?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 1st of May

10am

Mark Allen v Kyren Wilson Wilson leads 6-5
Ding Junhui v Barry Hawkins Tied at 7-7

2.30pm

John Higgins v Judd Trump Higgins leads 19-9
Mark Williams v Ali Carter Williams leads 14-12

7pm

Mark Allen v Kyren Wilson Wilson leads 6-5
Ding Junhui v Barry Hawkins Tied at 7-7

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tue May 1st) Quarter Final !

Postby Johnny Bravo

The quarters will finally settle the debate of wether Trump can be a truly great player or not.
Pinkey is right, after all these years he still hasn't improved as a player, meaning cue ball control. He has potted his way out of trouble many times, but as he gets older, he won't be able to do that anymore.

Postby mantorok

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Despite Selby and Ronnie going out I'm very happy with that Quarter Final line up, it's strong.

Hopefully all matches deliver because they all have the capability of going close, we'll surely see a 13-12 in at least one of them.

Yeah, this line-up makes up for it somewhat, all matches have great prospect.

I really hope Ding wins though, it's about time.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:The quarters will finally settle the debate of wether Trump can be a truly great player or not.
Pinkey is right, after all these years he still hasn't improved as a player, meaning cue ball control. He has potted his way out of trouble many times, but as he gets older, he won't be able to do that anymore.

If he can finally beat his nemesis Higgins, then he'll be the favourite for me, along with Ding.

At the moment he just cant be in that bracket.
Last edited by Andre147 on 30 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:The quarters will finally settle the debate of wether Trump can be a truly great player or not.

If he can finally beat his nemesis Higgins, then he'll be the favourite for me, along with Ding.

At the moment he just cant be in that bracket.

You're right Andre. I'm curious to see whether he'll still go for his shots against Higgo or whether he'll be more careful.

Postby GJ

Lou147 wrote:Would be great if Trump won just to be guaranteed a new champion as early as the semis

Williams is an ex champion as well

Postby vodkadiet

This is unique.

At the quarter final stage you can safely say that every match in the tournament from here on in will be relatively close in the betting. No doubt there will be 1 or 2 fairly one sided matches but at least there isn't going to be a match where you will say "There is no point in tuning in to that match. It is a mismatch."

Postby TheRocket

vodkadiet wrote:This is unique.

At the quarter final stage you can safely say that every match in the tournament from here on in will be relatively close in the betting. No doubt there will be 1 or 2 fairly one sided matches but at least there isn't going to be a match where you will say "There is no point in tuning in to that match. It is a mismatch."

If Hawkins gets to the semis after playing another match of his life ("Beast mode") to beat Ding the consequence would be that there will be a complete mismatch in the semis. No doubt. Even Carter would destroy him.

Postby SnookerFan

Is it really unique? Never in the 40 years at The Crucible has there been four close looking semis, until now?

Postby SavoMilosevic

TheRocket wrote:

If Hawkins gets to the semis after playing another match of his life ("Beast mode") to beat Ding the consequence would be that there will be a complete mismatch in the semis. No doubt. Even Carter would destroy him.

So what? We could have a MJW - Higgins classic final then. I can't remember anyone complaining when Hawkins played complete rubbish against O'Sullivan in the semis.

Postby TheRocket

SavoMilosevic wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

So what? We could have a MJW - Higgins classic final then. I can't remember anyone complaining when Hawkins played complete rubbish against O'Sullivan in the semis.

I didn't complain. I just state the facts. That there would be a mismatch in the semis if Hawkins beats Ding the way I described. And from a neutrals point of view it would be rubbish to see another amateurish performance from Hawkins in the semis. Like it was in 2014 or 2015.

Postby SnookerFan

SavoMilosevic wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Can I complain now?

I hate Ronnie. I wish Hawkins played better.

Postby GJ

Hes had 2 mentally draining matches already so that's a good point Alex.

Hawkins as well has had 2 quite draining matches.