Post a reply

Re: Ding Junhui Watch

Postby Cloud Strife

Safety and tactics wrote:Easy to talk on a sofa having been knocked out, but their opinions obviously carry weight, Selby and O'Sullivan very scathing towards Ding.

Selby and O'Sullivan have won 8 world titles between them, Ding has won a grand total of 0. They've earned the right to tell it like it is, and in this instance I agree with everything they've said regarding Ding.

I bet Selby must be laughing to himself inside. Even without me blocking your path you still can't get the job done, he must be thinking.

Postby snucar

Safety and tactics wrote:Easy to talk on a sofa having been knocked out, but their opinions obviously carry weight, Selby and O'Sullivan very scathing towards Ding.

I've been saying these things about Ding for years now. Let's hope Selby and Ronnie don't get labeled as racists and haters by some experts around here.

Postby SnookerFan

Shame. I was beginning to hope it was finally Ding's year.

A one tabler the last two years, and Selby and Ronnie out.

Maybe Ding thought the wrong thing. Maybe that was the problem.

Postby Chalk McHugh

snucar wrote:

I've been saying these things about Ding for years now. Let's hope Selby and Ronnie don't get labeled as racists and haters by some experts around here.

Me too. I don't think Ding has the mental fortitude to win the prize that matters most. He gives up far too easily at times sulking in his seat. The Ding Police on here will not have a bad word said about him. So be it.

Postby SnookerFan

I think the "mental midget" tag is an overstatement. He's won 13 ranking events.

On saying that, I don't rate Ding's b-game. He is either awesome or awful. He has been both in this tournament already.

He doesn't have that ability Higgins or Selby do to get wins when below par. He is, to an extent, a confidence player.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Who called him a mental midget? He's being described as one of the best ever players on here by many. He's obviously ridiculously talented but the fact he has never won the games biggest prize is pretty damning in my opinion. Bar White all the top players have won it. He's won three majors which is decent but not amazing. If your going to hold Ding in such high esteem well he doesn't compare well to the top players in winning the extra prestigious big triple crown trophies.

Postby SnookerFan

What counts high esteem?

I like him as a person, and want him to win this tournament.

I'm not claiming he's the second coming of Hendry.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Wasn't talking about you sf.

I'm still very angry. :grrr:

Don't be angry. It's snooker time. Lets get the boys on the baize!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Could this be the shortest length of time someone has been in control of the watch thread if Ding loses?

Yan Bingtao.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ding is capitulating

Ding had given up at 8-3. Mentally, he was already on the plane back to China.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Anyone watching the Ace in the Pack?

Just seeing the end of Ding, then will turn over.