Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sun April 29th) Last 16 !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 21st of April~Monday 7th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

The 2 tournament favourites, Mark Selby and Ronnie O'Sullivan, are out, after Ali Carter finally managed to beat his great nemesis in a fiery and tense encounter 13-9. John Higgins won the 1st session 8-0 and could avoid going into a 3rd if he can win 5 of the 8 frames to be played. Mark Williams holds a 5-3 lead over Robert Milkins.

And starting their matches are Ding Junhui v Anthony McGill, and Ricky Walden v Judd Trump, the latter who survided a tremendous scare in Round 1.

It's a day when no matches are schedulled to end, but Higgins could well win it and have another day off.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Sunday 29th of April

10am

Ricky Walden v Judd Trump Trump leads 11-6
Ding Junhui v Anthony McGill Ding leads 3-0

2.30pm

John Higgins 8-0 Jack Lisowski Higgins leads 2-1
Mark Williams 5-3 Robert Milkins Williams leads 5-3

7pm

Ricky Walden v Judd Trump Trump leads 11-6
Ding Junhui v Anthony McGill Ding leads 3-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 29th) Last 16 !!!

Postby Andre147

lol I just can't ignore this...

BBC are showing the day's highlights now, and about the Carter ROS incident, they isolated the sound so their chat was audible...

and ROS said: " yoou shoulder barged me earlier, I decided to give one back. You're Mr. angry"
And Carter said: "thank you, thank you very much"
And then ROS said: I'm cool, I'm cool as a cucumber".

So for me both players were wrong and acted like children... Ali had made silly smiles earlier and apparently shoulder barged ROS before, but we didnt see that, at least TV didnt show it. But ROS deciding to do that on purpose was also very childish.

Sory to bring this up again, but now the chat was audible.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:lol I just can't ignore this...

BBC are showing the day's highlights now, and about the Carter ROS incident, they isolated the sound so their chat was audible...

and ROS said: " yoou shoulder barged me earlier, I decided to give one back. You're Mr. angry"
And Carter said: "thank you, thank you very much"
And then ROS said: I'm cool, I'm cool as a cucumber".

So for me both players were wrong and acted like children... Ali had made silly smiles earlier and apparently shoulder barged ROS before, but we didnt see that, at least TV didnt show it. But ROS deciding to do that on purpose was also very childish.

Sory to bring this up again, but now the chat was audible.

But it adds to the spice, tension and the ocation of the World Championship and for carter makes the win even sweater.

Postby SnookerFan

Apparently Ali Carter texted Paul Collier last night to apologise for not shaking his hand.

Always find it odd how close players are to referees in snooker.

Can you imagine, in our favourite sport of tennis, players having the umpire's phone numbers?

Postby Drew1404

I'm hoping ding takes his chance now and really goes for the title, I think the only ones who could stop him would be Higgins or trump,who he'd meet in the final, but a semi with Williams would be special. I would love a trump vs ding final, worst case final would he Higgins vs Hawkins

Postby snookerguy

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently Ali Carter texted Paul Collier last night to apologise for not shaking his hand.

Can you imagine, in our favourite sport of tennis, players having the umpire's phone numbers?

Similarly how close players are to each other. Despite saying they don't want to be friends with other players they both have each others phone numbers and quite a few of the younger players seem to live and train together. Must put a different dynamic when you meet in competition.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Out of all the top players remaining, Ding and Allen have the most chances of taking out Higgo.
His style doesn't bother them, they aren't scared of him and they have beaten him many times.

Don't think Trump can take out Higgo, his style isn't suited for that. He takes too many risks and leaves Higgo easy openers. Plus he has too many battle scars.

Wilson might be the dark horse, but I just can't see him winning it.

The favs for me are Higgo, Ding, Allen, Willo, Trump. In that order. A while ago, I'd have put Allen ahead of Ding, but Ding has a better record here and he's used to the one table setup more than Allen.
Plus Ding can only meet Higgo in the final. And I think he'll really be up for that challenge.

I know most of u guys would love Ding to win it, and he'd be a great champion, but I'd love Allen or Willo more. Willo cause this is probably his last chance to do it and Allen cause I like his attitude, the man's got balls and I respect that a lot.

Postby SnookerFan

snookerguy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Apparently Ali Carter texted Paul Collier last night to apologise for not shaking his hand.

Similarly how close players are to each other. Despite saying they don't want to be friends with other players they both have each others phone numbers and quite a few of the younger players seem to live and train together. Must put a different dynamic when you meet in competition.

I don't mind that as much.

A referee being friends with one player can affect another player's chances. If two players are mates with each other, that's more mutual.

Though as Hendry points out, he was never mates with other players.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
snookerguy wrote:

I don't mind that as much.

A referee being friends with one player can affect another player's chances. If two players are mates with each other, that's more mutual.

Hendry was mates with Mark Williams.

Postby LeonD123

[quote="SnookerFan"]Apparently Ali Carter texted Paul Collier last night to apologise for not shaking his hand.

Can you imagine, in our favourite sport of tennis, players having the umpire's phone numbers?[/quote]

How do you know that ?

Postby hendry_fan

Well,after a disasterous start to this years Worlds,it,s turning out to be similar to last years Worlds=,a rasper,as i ended up bein in a no lose situation,from the semis as Ronnie got kicked out in the 1/4,s thanks to Ding and the semi finals line up was Selby/Ding and Higgins/Hawkins,i obviously wanted John to win,but as i like the other 3,i was,nt bothered tooo much,if Higgins did,nt win.

This year after having to see Selby get knocked out in the very 1st round,then having to see Mags,Dott Stevens and Robbo also not make it far,i was not amused,but things have improved,especially since good middle aged Ali sent Ronnie packing.

COMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNN ALI!,BRAW STUFF YOU DOWNED THE ROCKET!!!. :happy: :cracker: <ok> :clap: :plane:

Higgins,Ding are still in the tourney + Ants,Trump,Allen are still in it too,in fact,all the players who are still in it i at least 1/2 like,so as i say,i,m either way in a no lose situation in this years Worlds as well. :cracker: :hyper:

COMMMMMMME ONNNNN JOHN!,as much as i like young Jack,teach the young gun a lesson and send him packin. happy: :happy: :-D

I,d like Ants to beat Ding,but if he does,nt i,ll only be a weee bit disappointed as i really like Ding too,so may the best man win.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
snookerguy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

He wasn’t even mates with his wife. Miserable old sod.