Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 29th) Last 16 !!!

Postby vodkadiet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43942247[/quote]
Happened in Britain actually mate ;-)[/quote]
Northern Ireland is part of the UK but not part of Britain.[/quote]
I always thought that “Britain” and hence “British” could mean the UK or Great Britain.[/quote]

It does. Geographically, NI isn’t part of “Great Britain”, but the term still applies.[/quote]
If you see yourself as Irish, you're Irish. If you see yourself as British, you're British. Simple as.[/quote]

I don't get all this patriotism/nationalism. My main affiliation is with London having been brought up here. My ancestry is primarily Irish and Armenian, so I have a connection there. Although I haven't been to Ireland for about 20 years and have never been to Armenia.

But people are just individuals after all and should see the world as each other's to share. If there was less nationalism and more embracing of the world all its cultural benefits it would been a happier place to live in.

Postby Deewee

Ebdon is often associated with a methodical approach to the game but insists that is not his natural style. “If I’ve got one regret in my career,” he muses, “it’s that I’ve never been able to play with the fluency in matches that I would do naturally. I think I’m more of a natural type than it might seem sometimes, because I try so hard out there. It’s almost like subconsciously I take more time on shots. I’m not doing that deliberately, it’s just what the pressure does, you’re trying so hard and you don’t want to make a mistake.”

Postby vodkadiet

Ebdon's commentary is not great either. He just exaggerates all the time with words like 'incredible' and 'absolutely' and is obsessed with the playing conditions. McManus is far better.

Postby The_Abbott

vodkadiet wrote:Ebdon's commentary is not great either. He just exaggerates all the time with words like 'incredible' and 'absolutely' and is obsessed with the playing conditions. McManus is far better.

He uses the phase "Fascinating situation" a few times too even when theres been no pot for 45 minutes and the frame is going nowhere