Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie ever win another world title ?

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:Williams and Higgins gettinng to the final this year has changed my mind.

If one of them can do it, then so can Ronnie.

You can see Ronnie going through what these 2 have gone through? No chance he prefers to blow people off the table.

Ronnie's fought his way to loads of titles throughout the last 5 years.

All he needs is a decent run and/or some good form and fortune.

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan is the best non pressure player ever, but players are judged on their play under pressure. And there is no better test of your play under pressure than at The World Championship.

O'Sullivan hasn't handled the pressure as well as he could have and that is why he will never be the greatest.

No need for opinion here. Facts are what count.

But that is just your opinion and nearly everyone on here thinks you are wrong. So if it's all about World titles Joe Davis is the GOAT because he won 15 times. Is that right?
Last edited by Ronnie79 on 06 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan is the best non pressure player ever, but players are judged on their play under pressure. And there is no better test of your play under pressure than at The World Championship.

O'Sullivan hasn't handled the pressure as well as he could have and that is why he will never be the greatest.

But that is just your opinion and nearly everyone on here thinks you are wrong. So if it's all about World titles Joe Davis is the GOAT because he won 15 times. Is that right?

You really are a 'Silly Billy'.

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

Well that is the criteria you are using for judging greatness so it's Joe Davis now is it ?. as you say facts are facts

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

Well that is the criteria you are using for judging greatness so it's Joe Davis now is it ?. as you say facts are facts

You are either a bat or a mole...

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:For me, the greatest are:

Mark Selby
Stephen Hendry
John Higgins
Steve Davis
Ronnie O'Sullivan.

In that order.

Joe Davis is separated by eras, and cannot be compared

In the distance, I hear the thunder of a thousand Sullivan fans on their keypads.

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

You are either a bat or a mole...

Facts are facts lolol

Postby Alex0paul

Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Hendry with 7 World Titles is out on his own in the modern era.

No it's not, the modern era started in 2000.

pmsl rofl

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

No it's not, the modern era started in 2000.

Johnny, you're hilarious.

Thank u Pinkey :parrot: :chuckle:

Postby vodkadiet

TheRocket wrote:Whenever Mark Williams was the defending Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan won the World title

2019: Ronnie O'Sullivan wins his sixth World title. Its written in the stars.

Can't see a 43 year old winning again!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Whenever Mark Williams was the defending Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan won the World title

Dont put your expectations too high or you might end up very disappointed...

Yes it is a good pattern to keep going, but I wont change my opinion he'll never win another. If he reaches the one table setup again, I might start to believe it, but until then he'll never win a 6th.

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:

Yes it is a good pattern to keep going, but I wont change my opinion he'll never win another. If he reaches the one table setup again, I might start to believe it, but until then he'll never win a 6th.

How many times have you said that ?

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:

Your criteria is most world title wins so it's Joe Davis for you. Good man

Challenge round snooker was a closed shop. Irrelevant.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

How many times have you said that ?

As many as I want.

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:Still the rules at the time boy. You said most world titles wins was the criteria to prove the greatest. you are wrong and you are changing the goalposts. Don't worry bout it buddy

Whatever criteria is used, Hendry is still comfortably ahead of O'Sullivan.

Postby Pink Ball

I've done a lot of winding up re Hendry this week, but I've no doubt he's one of the top two best players I've ever seen. Even in a weak era, seven world titles is hugely impressive.

I just happen to be more impressed by O'Sullivan's five world titles than I am by Hendry's seven. Clive Everton, someone I respect, says that achievements outweigh opinions every time, and I agree wit thath. That's why I place more emphasis on titles than other measurements. But to say some achievements are harder won than others is also true.

O'Sullivan faced and thrived against greater opposition for longer and more impressively than Hendry, and may yet get to six or even seven titles. His achievements in the World Championship, by the time his career ends, will be roughly level with Hendry's, despite having faced tougher opposition for longer. He will finish his career with more triple crowns than Hendry. He will also comfortably overtake his ranking title tally, but you must remember that Hendry had far fewer ranking titles to go at back in his day.

O'Sullivan, like Higgins and Williams, is also benefiting from the weak era that is there now, but none of them played in this era during their prime years, unlike Hendry, who was at his best or nearly at his best during a weak era.

None of these players have put it beyond doubt unlike, say, Nadal, who was won his clay court titles across multiple eras. Nobody in their right mind could say Nadal is not the greatest clay court tennis player ever. Taylor put it beyond doubt in darts. He won a huge number of titles in a weak era, but also won many major titles in dart's strongest era when he was past his prime. They are as close to undisputed as you'll get in terms of GOAT discussions. Federer has also been hugely successful in both weak eras and very strong eras, and I don't think anyone could deny that he's the greatest tennis player of all time.

O'Sullivan will never put it beyond doubt, just as Hendry didn't. Maybe Snooker GOATs are not at the same level as other GOATs!

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Still the rules at the time boy. You said most world titles wins was the criteria to prove the greatest. you are wrong and you are changing the goalposts. Don't worry bout it buddy

Whatever criteria is used, Hendry is still comfortably ahead of O'Sullivan.

Your raving good man