Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sat April 28th) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 21st of April~Monday 7th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

First Man in to the Quarter Finals is Mark Allen today another 3 will join him with all 3 matches close Who will it be is anyones guest but Ronnie O'Sullivan, Barry Hawkins and Kyren Wilson are faverites.

Also today 2 matches start out John Higgins v Jack Lisowski in the afternoon and Mark Williams v Robert Milkins from 7pm

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Saturday 28th of April

10am

Kyren Wilson 5-3 Jamie Jones Wilson leads 5-1
**Lyu Haotian 7-9 Barry Hawkins Never played Before

2.30pm

John Higgins v Jack Lisowski Higgins leads 2-1
**Ali Carter 9-7 Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 16-1

7pm

**Kyren Wilson v Jamie Jones Wilson leads 5-1
Mark Williams v Robert Milkins Williams leads 5-3

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 28th) Last 16 !!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie's third session will be like his second session against Maguire.

Easy for Ronno.

Hopefully but needs to start well. He cant expect Carter to start shoking. Ok he might do that, but ROS cant come with that mindset to the match.

Sharing the first 4 frames wont be good. Ok in 2014 he won 13-11 from 11-9 down but those things dont happen very often and like I said he cant expect Carter to crumble.

It will be a nerve wracking session, I expect ROS to win 13-11 or even in a decider.

Postby Andre147

One thing in Carter's favour is that the session ended there... you could see he was fuming and absolutely gutted, and if they carried on ROS would win more frames I'm certain, Ronnie was really pumped up in those last 2 frames.

Should be a fascinating finish tomorrow afternoon.

Postby TheRocket

As long as Carter doesn't get to 12 frames I'll be relaxed. Even if Ronnie is like 8:11 or 9:11 behind during the match.

Whether Carter will twitch with ROS taking advantage of it remains to be seen but from what I've seen is that Carter virtually won all of his frames from easy chances. And even then he needed 2-3 chances to win the frame. And I don't think that will change in that final session where the pressure will be the highest.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:One thing in Carter's favour is that the session ended there... you could see he was fuming and absolutely gutted, and if they carried on ROS would win more frames I'm certain, Ronnie was really pumped up in those last 2 frames.

Now he's going to have fumed overnight.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:One thing in Carter's favour is that the session ended there... you could see he was fuming and absolutely gutted, and if they carried on ROS would win more frames I'm certain, Ronnie was really pumped up in those last 2 frames.

fuming during the match is bad

fuming overnight should be inspiration.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Could be, maybe should be.

But he can't come out still beating himself up over past mistakes. He can't let what happened yesterday distract him or throw him off his game.

Ronnie will punish him, if he does.

Postby snookerguy

Hopefully Lisowski can give Higgins a good match. Interested in how much Mark Williams wins by rather than if he wins...

As for the matches that finish today hopefully Lyu, Carter and Kyren Wilson will be booking their quarter final places this afternoon.

Postby TheSaviour

Captain Is Controlling The Rocket

Well well, many fans being caught up. But not me. Not me by any means. As I predicted earlier, Ali´s just better player and he´s not bottler anymore by any means. Ali´s just wonderfull, a superior player on these days.

Still, as my profile says..; COOOOOOOOMEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOON RONNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIEEEEEE !!!!!!!
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Starts to feel like Judd is going to win the tournament, if the winner of this match as I predicted will take it, won´t.. Judd´s a super brave lad. It´s like he´s drinking and boozing it away with the lads, even when he wouldn´t even fancy to. Judd´s just amazing potter. Never, ever, the game has seen anyone like that or him before.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Could be, maybe should be.

But he can't come out still beating himself up over past mistakes. He can't let what happened yesterday distract him or throw him off his game.

Ronnie will punish him, if he does.

Besides, if 6-3 is a false lead because the guy behind will be more motivated, why assume Ronnie won't easily overturn a 2 frame deficit over somebody who has never beaten him?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Why have we not had a maximum at the Crucible for so long?

I don't believe it's a coincidence that we have not seen a maximum since Hearn did away with the £147k prize for making one.

People still try for them. :shrug:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie doesn't go for them as much as he used to, that's for sure. There have been a couple of times the balls were perfect for a 147 but Ronnie didn't even think about it.

And then there's also that time when Ding Junhui forgot he was on a 147... <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie doesn't go for them as much as he used to, that's for sure. There have been a couple of times the balls were perfect for a 147 but Ronnie didn't even think about it.

And then there's also that time when Ding Junhui forgot he was on a 147... <doh>

Yeah, well that's Ronnie.

"Ten grand isn't enough. Waaah!"

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie doesn't go for them as much as he used to, that's for sure. There have been a couple of times the balls were perfect for a 147 but Ronnie didn't even think about it.

Yeah, well that's Ronnie.

"Ten grand isn't enough. Waaah!"

I'm not sure it's about the money. I think he's had so many 147's it's just not that special for him anymore. I think he's more focused on winning the match these days.