Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Carter looked a bit gutted at the end. He didn't look at the table when Ronnie was playing and he couldn't get out of the arena fast enough. Don't think I've ever seen a player not shake the ref's hand.

I have!

Rory McLeod! rofl rofl rofl He didn't shake Maike Kesseler's hand last year, I think his culture forbids him to shake hands with women. <doh>

Indeed, I forgot about Rory...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Rockettim147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Come back from a lovely pizza - marinara since you ask (no cheese) - and Ronni seems to have 'rocketed' back. Think it will be 50/50 now. First frame of the session is obviously massive.

Rockettim - it was a place called Rustico.

I don’t have cheese on my pizza too

Good shout - I only discovered cheeseless pizzas a couple of weeks ago, bu they are surprisingly good.

I hope Ronnie wins Tim

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Carter looked a bit gutted at the end. He didn't look at the table when Ronnie was playing and he couldn't get out of the arena fast enough. Don't think I've ever seen a player not shake the ref's hand.

I have!

Rory McLeod! rofl rofl rofl He didn't shake Maike Kesseler's hand last year, I think his culture forbids him to shake hands with women. <doh>

It's not his culture at all.
The man is a prat

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I have!

The man is a prat

Don't be a bigot.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Off topic, but was Taylor always this bad on commentary?

I've seen matches from the 80s and 90s on YT many times and when taylor was commentating he was pretty good back then. At least that's what I think.

Maybe it was around the 2000s when he started going with the usual drivel.

I was wondering spmething somilar to this earlier - will we be sick of Angles' commentary in 10 years time?

However I honestly think age plays a part in Dennis and Virgo's poor commentary.

Also the earpieces - they play up to the crowd and are too eager to throw in their "catch phrases".

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I have!

The man is a prat

Don't be a bigot.

So it is not bigoted to refuse to shake hands based on someone's gender? Do me a favour.

Night

Postby Iranu

Lou147 wrote:Joe Johnson doesnt get off lightly either, overanalyses everything and bucking BREATHES down the mic, horrendous

Partot and Dennis do that too.

It's so annoying.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
I have!

The man is a prat

Don't be a bigot.

So it is not bigoted to refuse to shake hands based on someone's gender? Do me a favour.

Night

Who are you to say whose hands he should or should not shake?

You are a bigot and a racist for attacking another man's culture and way of life.

Good night to you too. :hatoff:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud.

Regarding you calling me a racist earlier, that was low. You know nothing about me.

Rory's choice is not based on his race. He has the right to hold that belief, but I have the right to hold mine which is that it is wrong not to shake somebody's hand because they are female. You must (by implication) believe that I am wrong to challenge his belief. By extension it would have been wrong to challenge shopkeepers or publicans who refuse to serve people based on race or gender. In short (ish), your argument is wrong.

I don't really know why I am bothering replying, but it does not feel great to be called racist. The type of person that does that on Twitter- ironically - you were complaining about recently. Hope you feel good about it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote: The type of person that does that on Twitter- ironically - you were complaining about recently..

This is why Cloud's reaction surprised me as well.

Calling somebody a racist because he doesn't approve of certain Islamic rules is bull. I think BSP deserves an apology.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote: The type of person that does that on Twitter- ironically - you were complaining about recently..

This is why Cloud's reaction surprised me as well.

Calling somebody a racist because he doesn't approve of certain Islamic rules is bull. I think BSP deserves an apology.

Sorry.

Postby The_Abbott

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Call me a hipster, but this morning I am watching Mark Allen vs Joe Perry. Watched then first session, aint missing the second just to see Ronnie lay the smack down on Carter.

Carter will be up for this. I can see him winning 13-11

Wrong about the score but I was correct in predicting Carter would win. I just had a gut feeling. Ronnie just acts like he doesn't want to be there.

Postby hendry_fan

So whats on the snooker menu today,

The remainder of the Trump/Walden match.

I think Trump will beat Walden,i don,t think he,ll win this years Worlds though,he does,nt look to be in good enough form to be able to go on and win it.

Ding/Ants,

Congrats to Ding in Campbelling Ants,he did,nt quite Chartlon him,but Campbelling someone is also an incredible thing to be able to do. :hatoff: :clap: :-D

MJW/Milkins.

I thought before the match started that Milkins would,nt stand a chance against MJW,he,s done very well to have gotten so far,but MJW will stop Milkins good run.