Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby TheRocket

vodkadiet wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Couldnt watch any frame tonight. So a kick prevented ronnie to level the match?

But he responded like a true champ it seems in the next two frames and didnt let his head down cause of the kick. Would be nice he plays better at the start of each session.

Come on Ronnie

No. The kick happened at 5-8. It would only have been 6-8.

The way Carter was struggling I geniunely think 8:8 was a certainty. And Carter couldn't even win the frame in one visit and play a proper positional shot. Looked twitchy throughout that second mini session. However. There are no ifs and buts. But it was annoying for sure for O'Sullivan. At the same time that disappointment might have made him more determined to win those last two frames.
Last edited by TheRocket on 27 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:
GJ wrote:Snooker backer suggest on twitter why don't the BBC just record all Dennis's phrases and hit play before each match hes due on

Would save paying him for the whole event

:-D <ok>

I am just waiting for John Spencer story. The one where he made a century at The Pensioners Club.

Spencer's positional play so so good that every shot he had to play was simple and after the exhibition one of the pensioners said to him "You know Mr Spencer that was a great break, but I could have potted all those balls!"

I have heard that story about 15-20 times.

Hes actually stopped telling that one <laugh>

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:Can someone please ask Dennis Taylor what the difference is between 'Pressure' and 'Pure Pressure'?

I will tweet him that <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Couldnt watch any frame tonight. So a kick prevented ronnie to level the match?

But he responded like a true champ it seems in the next two frames and didnt let his head down cause of the kick. Would be nice he plays better at the start of each session.

Come on Ronnie

No. The kick happened at 5-8. It would only have been 6-8.

The way Carter was struggling I geniunely think 8:8 was a certainty. And Carter couldn't even win the frame in one visit and play a proper positional shot. Looked twitchy throughout that second mini session. However. There are no ifs and buts. But it was annoying for sure for O'Sullivan. At the same time that disappointment might have made him more determined to win those last two frames.

There will be huge pressure on Carter should he get near to the finish line. It would be his first ever win over Ronnie in a proper match and all that at the most important tournament of year. And he knows Ronnie will throw everything he has at him tomorrow.

I make Ronnie a slight favourite.

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:A commentary team of dennis and phil studd would be as bad as it gets

<doh>

Unless they had Phil Yates.

The commentary equivalent of losing a limb.

This <ok>

But that's not the worst Yates can do.When he's commentating the Mosconi Cup in pool, he mentions "snooker" every 60 seconds. :dizzy:

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
There will be huge pressure on Carter should he get near to the finish line. It would be his first ever win over Ronnie in a proper match and all that at the most important tournament of year. And he knows Ronnie will throw everything he has at him tomorrow.

Yeah but Ronnie has to put pressure on him right from the start. If he does Carter might even lose all frames. But should Carter win the first frame and worse, enter the Mid session 2:2 he'll settle and definitely fancy it.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yeah but Ronnie has to put pressure on him right from the start. If he does Carter might even lose all frames. But should Carter win the first frame and worse, enter the Mid session 2:2 he'll settle and definitely fancy it.

In 2014 I thought it was all over at 11-9 and Ronnie turned it around.

But yes it's far from ideal sharing the first 4 frames 2-2.

Postby vodkadiet

Lou147 wrote:Joe Johnson doesnt get off lightly either, overanalyses everything and bucking BREATHES down the mic, horrendous

Mike Hallett "These boys are playing for prize money, ranking points and things".

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

In 2014 I thought it was all over at 11-9 and Ronnie turned it around.

But yes it's far from ideal sharing the first 4 frames 2-2.

He can still win it of course even its 2:2 but what I'm saying is that Carter will settle and fancy it should it go 2:2 and a choke is more unlikely then. You'd expect that Ronnie would have to clearly raise his level like he did against Perry to turn it around. So better win that first mini session.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex0paul wrote:Thing is Carter has been pretty poor yet O’Sullivan could only manage a session draw and loss. Who is to say Carter won’t improve?

Ronnie has been very poor as well. He can improve a lot more than Carter can, that's for sure.

Postby TheRocket

It has to be said though. The fact that Ronnie is 9:7 behind against his bunny Carter who hasn't even played well is quite poor. He has too many off moments and that could eventually haunt him. Maybe not against Carter but could be against Williams next round or Ding in the semis. And for sure against someone like Allen or Higgins in a final.

The dominance ROS had over his opponents so many times this season isn't there. Wasn't against Mags either.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:He still won.

He won. But I doubt he'll win the world title playing like that. As I wrote before. He's had two mini sessions already now where he couldn't even pot 2 or 3 balls in succession. You can maybe afford to be behind against Maguire or Carter. But I doubt you'd want to play catch up all the time and will win the World title like that.

And I don't think Ronnie would like to play catch up against Higgins.

Postby SavoMilosevic

Andre147 wrote:Off topic, but was Taylor always this bad on commentary?

I've seen matches from the 80s and 90s on YT many times and when taylor was commentating he was pretty good back then. At least that's what I think.

Maybe it was around the 2000s when he started going with the usual drivel.

Yes, he was very good back then. I think the simple explanation is age. I've noticed many commentators start talking rubbish when they get older.

Also, he was still an active player, so that must've helped.

That boxer, Hendry's friend - I think he never told Ronnie to insult Stephen, just to be more aggressive in his prematch interviews in general.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Carter looked a bit gutted at the end. He didn't look at the table when Ronnie was playing and he couldn't get out of the arena fast enough. Don't think I've ever seen a player not shake the ref's hand.

I have!

Rory McLeod! rofl rofl rofl He didn't shake Maike Kesseler's hand last year, I think his culture forbids him to shake hands with women. <doh>

Postby Rockettim147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Come back from a lovely pizza - marinara since you ask (no cheese) - and Ronni seems to have 'rocketed' back. Think it will be 50/50 now. First frame of the session is obviously massive.

Rockettim - it was a place called Rustico.

I don’t have cheese on my pizza too