Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Fri April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 21st of April~Monday 7th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

After a dramatic Day 6 that saw Judd Trump and Anthony McGill go through to the last 16 Day 7 will start with Ali Carter against his nemesis Ronnie O'Sullivan. Also starting out is Kyren Wilson playing Jamie Jones

In the two matches that is continuing from Thursday Mark Allen will be hoping for another 5-3 session to push on while Joe Perry wants to get back level wth a session win and its the same scenario in the match between Lyu Haotian and Barry Hawkins.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Friday 27th of April

10am

Joe Perry 3-5 Mark Allen Perry leads 7-6
Ali Carter v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 16-1

2.30pm

Kyren Wilson v Jamie Jones Wilson leads 5-1
Lyu Haotian 3-5 Barry Hawkins Never played Before

7pm

**Joe Perry v Mark Allen Perry leads 7-6
Ali Carter v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 16-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:Why do you count CL matches in head to head BBC and Eurosport don't carter's record is 0-14

It's always overall h2h. If you want to see that without CL simply click the link provided and choose to take out CL, like you apparently did.

Postby Andre147

Hopefully Carter wont be like Hawkins, Bingham and Ding, last 3 players who beat ROS here and had a terrible h2h against him.

My honest feeling is this could be like 2013 until they were 7-7... Carter does well to stay in touch, then Ronnie pulls away.

And I wont see the morning session live :grrr: Good luck ROS.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Hopefully Carter wont be like Hawkins, Bingham and Ding, last 3 players who beat ROS here and had a terrible h2h against him.

My honest feeling is this could be like 2013 until they were 7-7... Carter does well to stay in touch, then Ronnie pulls away.

I'm going to miss the morning session too.

Postby TheRocket

In his first game ROS didn't really show that he's the favourite to win the title. It was just the first round obviously but those first four frames were really snake hiss poor and so was the first session in general. I hope that was just an exception and we'll see a different player tomorrow.

So apart from the win a good performance would be quite helpful.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:Full day of Ronnie tomorrow.

Won't be able to watch his last session on Saturday. Going to watch the Avengers!

~
You choosing to watch that crap over a live session from ROS? <doh>

And why not on Sunday when Ronnie isn't on?

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:

Won't be able to watch his last session on Saturday. Going to watch the Avengers!

~

Or Saturday, when O'Sullivan isn't on after winning with a session to spare?

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

~

Or Saturday, when O'Sullivan isn't on after winning with a session to spare?

Carter is hoping to force O'Sullivan to a third session. It is unrealistic but he can but dream...

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

~

lets be honest here i think Ronnie will be missing his final session too proberbly find time to record a taxi trip with jimmy before the quarter finals start.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:Hopefully Carter wont be like Hawkins, Bingham and Ding, last 3 players who beat ROS here and had a terrible h2h against him.

Same here. The only time that Carter hasn't stuck with O'Sullivan in a match here is the 2008 Final where it looked genuinely that it could be won by the session is to spare until Carter got to 15-7.

I went 13-8 in the predictions but I think it could well be the most one sided best of 25 match between the two.

Postby LeonD123

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

~

lets be honest here i think Ronnie will be missing his final session too proberbly find time to record a taxi trip with jimmy before the quarter finals start.

They have that segment again ? (Last time was Steve Davis as a taximan a few years ago)

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie could go missing by not turning up for the match, and Carter would still win.

I mean, for bucks sake. I know you don't want to give it the kiss of death or anything. But let's not act like Ronnie's anything other than a huge favourite against Carter.

Postby Pedro147

I reckon Ronnie is 6-2 ahead after the first session.

He was interviewed a few months ago and spoke about how in 2013 there wasn't a session of any match that he didn't win at least 6-2 and that he felt like he had a four frame head start in every match.

Despite the poor first session vs Maguire, he won the second session 7-2. People can say it's Maguire or whatever but the reality is he puts massive pressure on his opponents. It's really only Higgins, Selby, Trump and maybe Williams at his best that can play their natural game against him.