Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

@ vodkadiet

That's funny about Naseem Hamed being Hendry's mate, which he was, but wasn't it Hamed who put Ronnie up to making those comments about sending Hendry packing back to his sad life?

I thought I read that somewhere.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Nothing against Carter but it would be a low point if Ronnie should lose to him. I mean we all expected ROS to win his sixth World title after that 2014 defeat by now. He hasn't. But its not some supertalent who he lost against but players like Bingham or Hawkins. With Ding we know he can play but Carter would be a shocker.

Losing to Carter is as bad as losing to Gray and Morgan.

Ok Carter is way better than those 2, but given the h2h between them ROS shouldnt really lose a Crucible match against him. Somewhere else that's fine.

All the Hendry fans will disagree with you claiming Carter is a better player than Morgan. rofl

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:Remember this classic decider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZslLmzdiiE4

I remember it well. Hunter was the big favourite going into that match which may have helped Stevens as there was less pressure on him.

Back then there was less red button coverage and I only saw bits and pieces

So much better now excluding dennis <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:A better end than I expected tbh 3-1 was a must.

So Ronnie will need to win the session 6-3 tomorrow.

Needs a strong start, 3 of the first 4 would be ideal.

Even if he shares 2-2 there's still a chance. He was 11-9 down to Perry and won 13-11 in 2014. Anything worse it's game over.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:A better end than I expected tbh 3-1 was a must.

So Ronnie will need to win the session 6-3 tomorrow.

Needs a strong start, 3 of the first 4 would be ideal.

Even if he shares 2-2 there's still a chance. He was 11-9 down to Perry and won 13-11 in 2014. Anything worse it's game over.

Yep more of the same form in the last session please.

Postby Andre147

Off topic, but was Taylor always this bad on commentary?

I've seen matches from the 80s and 90s on YT many times and when taylor was commentating he was pretty good back then. At least that's what I think.

Maybe it was around the 2000s when he started going with the usual drivel.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:Off topic, but was Taylor always this bad on commentary?

I've seen matches from the 80s and 90s on YT many times and when taylor was commentating he was pretty good back then. At least that's what I think.

Maybe it was around the 2000s when he started going with the usual drivel.

I think he believes hes very popular with the fans and its went to his head abit

How they sack thorne and keep him is beyond me <doh>

Postby Lou147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Didn't think the "where's the cueball going?" rubbish was going on as far back as 2004.

I can tolerate it. Its known as his catchphrase even to non snooker people so hes always going to say it. Its the general snake hiss poor commentary I cant stand, especially from Taylor , my god hes pathetic

Postby Erza Scarlet

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Couldnt watch any frame tonight. So a kick prevented ronnie to level the match?

But he responded like a true champ it seems in the next two frames and didnt let his head down cause of the kick. Would be nice he plays better at the start of each session.

Come on Ronnie

I'm glad he showed recovery because 8-3 was terrible. Being 5 frames down to 2 now.

Postby GJ

Snooker backer suggest on twitter why don't the BBC just record all Dennis's phrases and hit play before each match hes due on

Would save paying him for the whole event

:-D <ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

Lou147 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Didn't think the "where's the cueball going?" rubbish was going on as far back as 2004.

I can tolerate it. Its known as his catchphrase even to non snooker people so hes always going to say it. Its the general snake hiss poor commentary I cant stand, especially from Taylor , my god hes pathetic

Didn't he start using that catchphrase on the Big Break?

Postby Scooper

GJ wrote:Snooker backer suggest on twitter why don't the BBC just record all Dennis's phrases and hit play before each match hes due on

I bet they could do that for a while without people noticing - like a soundboard.

Postby Andre147

One thing is good about ROS: at 8-3 down he could have easily let his head drop and a few years ago he might have ended that session trailing 11-5 or even 12-4.

The way he cameback showed how much he wants it. Hopefully it wont be for no avail.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:@ vodkadiet

That's funny about Naseem Hamed being Hendry's mate, which he was, but wasn't it Hamed who put Ronnie up to making those comments about sending Hendry packing back to his sad life?

I thought I read that somewhere.

I didn't read that Cloud Strife. It sounds plausible though!

Postby Lou147

When Lyu made a century to go 8-4 today Dennis said "It would be amazing if this young Chinese player could make a sizeable break at this visit" then "It would be amazing if this young Chinese player could make a century at this visit" followed by "It would be amazing if this young Chinese player could clear the balls at this visit" all in less than ten minutes

Postby vodkadiet

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Couldnt watch any frame tonight. So a kick prevented ronnie to level the match?

But he responded like a true champ it seems in the next two frames and didnt let his head down cause of the kick. Would be nice he plays better at the start of each session.

Come on Ronnie

No. The kick happened at 5-8. It would only have been 6-8.

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:Snooker backer suggest on twitter why don't the BBC just record all Dennis's phrases and hit play before each match hes due on

I am just waiting for John Spencer story. The one where he made a century at The Pensioners Club.

Spencer's positional play so so good that every shot he had to play was simple and after the exhibition one of the pensioners said to him "You know Mr Spencer that was a great break, but I could have potted all those balls!"

I have heard that story about 15-20 times.