Post a reply

Re: Has the draw opened up for Higgins to coast to the final

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:Given Ronnie has lost to 2 bunnies in last 2 worlds I think that will give carter a lot of belief.

Carter is a bigger bunny than Williams or Ding. At least those two had beaten him previously.

Hawkins lost 10-1 in masters a few months before beating Ronnie at worlds ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:Given Ronnie has lost to 2 bunnies in last 2 worlds I think that will give carter a lot of belief.

Carter is a bigger bunny than Williams or Ding. At least those two had beaten him previously.

Hawkins lost 10-1 in masters a few months before beating Ronnie at worlds ;-)

Had he beaten Ronnie prior to that result?

Genuine question.

Postby Ronnie79

TheSaviour wrote:Yes it has.

Shaun - POOR <doh> <doh> . Selbo - poor.

Robbo also is in troubles, something which could not had been foreseen. I was awaiting Robbo vs Ronnie a granite 50-50 match later on. It could still be the case. Every credit to the Milkman punishing Robbo so far heavily every time it was possible to punish him.

Maguire also was a rather poor, most part of the match. Ronnie can´t take anything granted now when he plays against the ever getting better Allister Carter. Most of the fans can now sense the winner of that match will go on and win the whole damn thing. And that is not almost surely Ronnie. I see that almost a 50-50 match, that much better Allister just got and got. He´s almost a perfect player on these days. Every department of his game is an absolute top-notch.

Kyren? Hardly. But could be the case. At least he can coast through now easily.

What snooker have you been watching ?.you are saying the winner of the tournament comes from ROS V Carater. Carter won't ever win the world ffs
Last edited by Ronnie79 on 26 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:

Robbo also is in troubles, something which could not had been foreseen. I was awaiting Robbo vs Ronnie a granite 50-50 match later on. It could still be the case. Every credit to the Milkman punishing Robbo so far heavily every time it was possible to punish him.

Maguire also was a rather poor, most part of the match. Ronnie can´t take anything granted now when he plays against the ever getting better Allister Carter. Most of the fans can now sense the winner of that match will go on and win the whole damn thing. And that is not almost surely Ronnie. I see that almost a 50-50 match, that much better Allister just got and got. He´s almost a perfect player on these days. Every department of his game is an absolute top-notch.

What snooker have you been watching ?.you are saying the winner of the tournament comes from ROS V Carater. Carter won't ever win the world ffs

More like what Planet is Saviour from...

Postby Pink Ball

snucar wrote:Higgins' draw is still tougher than Ronnie's.

I've moaned a lot about O'Sullivan's draw, but O'Sullivan's draw would only be considered easy for O'Sullivan. If anyone else had Maguire-Carter-Williams to start, they'd consider it a bit of a nightmare draw. I don't like saying it, but it's a mark of how good O'Sullivan is.

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

More like what Planet is Saviour from...

Ah it's unbelievable Jeff

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
snucar wrote:Higgins' draw is still tougher than Ronnie's.

I've moaned a lot about O'Sullivan's draw, but O'Sullivan's draw would only be considered easy for O'Sullivan. If anyone else had Maguire-Carter-Williams to start, they'd consider it a bit of a nightmare draw. I don't like saying it, but it's a mark of how good O'Sullivan is.

Some will say it's a mark of how those 3 always crumble against Ronnie...

well if they do, most of the times, it's because Ronnie puts that much pressure on them. For instance, everytime Ronnie wins v MJW he plays really really well. So yeah, only for Ronnie can this be considered easy.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No disrespect to Ali, but I wouldn't call him a nightmare draw.

Don't know about that. I tried drawing him but it ended up looking like Freddy Kruger.

I have a Freddy Krueger T-Shirt.

I wonder if Hearn would let me into The Crucible.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No disrespect to Ali, but I wouldn't call him a nightmare draw.

Don't know about that. I tried drawing him but it ended up looking like Freddy Kruger.

As long as Freddy's not wearing a football top in the pic.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

As long as Freddy's not wearing a football top in the pic.

He's an Everton fan.

Postby TheRocket

It has to be said. The way Trump choked in the end against a journeyman doesnt give me a lot hope that he'll get over his mental demons if he plays Higgins in the quarters. But who knows. There isn't a better place to beat your nemesis than the Crucible.