Post a reply

Re: Has the draw opened up for Higgins to coast to the final

Postby Ronnie79

Pink Ball wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I find it very hard to get over 2010. It ruined his legacy as a snooker figure.

I'm not on bout that just this year's Championship I'm not a fan btw

It feels as if he picks off ranking titles when draws open up for him. I'm not convinced it has opened that much yet.

In his half Selby, Murphy and Bingham gone what are you talking about ?. Who else needs to go to open it for him ?

Mussolini was a better tactician than Murphy. Bingham is good, but not great.

Mussolini was not a snooker player and is not alive so I don't know his relevance really lol

Postby Ronnie79

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I find it very hard to get over 2010. It ruined his legacy as a snooker figure.

He will always have that stench surrounding him despite the best efforts of the hipsters and the general media.

I just watched that famous video again recently. People must be on drugs if they believe that Higgins was scared or acting or whatever. He knew exactly what he was saying and looked quite comfortable out there.

Everyone knows he got away with it. However. When we come back to this years WC I think Trump and Allen have the best chances to beat him before the final. The likes of Lisowski and Wilson still have too many weaknesses.

Allen could only meet him in the semis

Postby Pink Ball

Ronnie79 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:No 26 year old has 5 ranking titles in the game at present ?

So?

You are saying he should have 5 Players of that age are still not winnings it's the golden gen still ruling the roost

Which reflects poorly on him and his peers.

Postby SnookerFan

He won't coast.

Lisowski will provide a tough challenge, in my opinion. Not an easy match.

Kind of agree of Judd, that Higgins has the beating of him over long matches. Still a tough match though. Higgins will have to take him seriously. It's Judd.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie79 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I'm still not convinced by Lisowski. Green as Augusta's fairways.

Have you watched him all season most improved player on the tour has had a great season he is 26

I'll be convinced when he starts winning tournaments. 26 is not that young.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jack is very talented and growing in stature, but it remains to be seen if he can fulfil his talent.

How old was Davis when he became dominant in the sport?

His dominance began in 1980 when he won the UK. I think he was 22 or 23 at the time.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jack is very talented and growing in stature, but it remains to be seen if he can fulfil his talent.

How old was Davis when he became dominant in the sport?

His dominance began in 1980 when he won the UK. I think he was 22 or 23 at the time.

I think it is harder for players in their early twenties to do well now.

I am not sure of the reason but tactical awareness is an obvious candidate.

When Davis and Hendry came through to dominate, they changed the game and so tactics of the previous generation were rendered a bit redundant.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I may be wrong about this, but I'm not sure if players like Lisowski and Trump work as hard as players like Ronnie, Hendry, Davis, Higgins and other older players did.

Ronnie is naturally talented but he's also one of the hardest workers out there. When he was a kid he trained and worked on his game lake a crazy person. He watched videos of Steve Davis and copied everything. His dad made him run behind a car to stay fit. All he did was work on his snooker.

I'm not sure guys like Lisowski and Trump are traing as hard. I'm not sure they have that level of devotion Ronnie had, and still has.

Some people think Ronnie was born like this. You would be amazed how hard he's worked on his game. And his mind. And his fitness.

Postby Muppet147

vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Higgins will lose before the semis. He missed his chance to win a 5th world title last year.

Who will beat him before the Semis?

Lisowski could beat him. If he doesn't Trump will beat him. And it pains me to say that because I am no fan of Trump (Donald or Judd)....

I am no fan of Trumpton.

Postby TheSaviour

Yes it has.

Shaun - POOR <doh> <doh> . Selbo - poor.

Robbo also is in troubles, something which could not had been foreseen. I was awaiting Robbo vs Ronnie a granite 50-50 match later on. It could still be the case. Every credit to the Milkman punishing Robbo so far heavily every time it was possible to punish him.

Maguire also was a rather poor, most part of the match. Ronnie can´t take anything granted now when he plays against the ever getting better Allister Carter. Most of the fans can now sense the winner of that match will go on and win the whole damn thing. And that is not almost surely Ronnie. I see that almost a 50-50 match, that much better Allister just got and got. He´s almost a perfect player on these days. Every department of his game is an absolute top-notch.

Kyren? Hardly. But could be the case. At least he can coast through now easily.

Postby Holden Chinaski

The_Abbott wrote:I think Higgins' draw looks good now but I just don't want him to win.

I have a small list of 4 players I don't want to win the Worlds again and Higgins is on that list along with Bingham, Murphy and Selt.

Selt has won the worlds? :chin: