Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Wed April 25th) Last 32 !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 21st of April~Monday 7th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 5 sees 4 time World Champion John Higgins up against Crucible debutant from Thailand Thepchaiya Un-Nooh, whilst Mark Williams hopes to make light work of his opponent holding a 7-3 lead.

In the afternoon session Neil Robertson has all to do trailing Robert Milkins 6-3 and hopes to avoid a repeat of the result here 5 years ago, whlilst Judd Trump starts his Crucible campaign after a terrible first round loss last year at the hands of Rory McLeod. Trump faces another debutant in Chris Wakelin.

In the evening we have the conclusion of the Higgins v Un-Nooh match, and last but not least Scot Anthony McGill faces a player who went from career 0 to 3 titles won this season alone, Ryan Day.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 25th of April

10am

John Higgins v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Higgins leads 2-0
**Mark Williams 7-2 Jimmy Robertson Williams leads 6-0

2.30pm

Judd Trump v Chris Wakelin Trump leads 7-0
**Neil Robertson 3-6 Robert Milkins Robertson leads 5-2

7pm

**John Higgins v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Higgins leads 2-0
Anthony McGill v Ryan Day Tied at 6-6

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 25th) Last 32 !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Williams is already through. Robertson and Milkins will still go close, and it wouldn't surprise me if Robertson snuck through.

Higgins and Trump both have walkovers in their opening game. McGill and Day should be close, I'm giving the edge to McGill as Day's recent form is a little misleading since he has only won a bunch of tin-pot events. Plus he is still a choker, and that is something for which there is no cure.

Postby Alex0paul

“I’m just going to work hard now. A year ago I would’ve said I’d take four weeks off but I’m not going to do that this year. I’m so in love with the game that I just want to work hard and come back stronger,” said Brecel. “It’s always exciting to play here, it’s just a pity that I couldn’t play my game. I was feeling confident in practice but it means nothing when you don’t do it on the match table.”

Good comments from Brecel

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex0paul wrote:“I’m just going to work hard now. A year ago I would’ve said I’d take four weeks off but I’m not going to do that this year. I’m so in love with the game that I just want to work hard and come back stronger,” said Brecel. “It’s always exciting to play here, it’s just a pity that I couldn’t play my game. I was feeling confident in practice but it means nothing when you don’t do it on the match table.”

Good comments from Brecel

Those are very good comments. That's exacly what I wanted to hear from him. He needs to learn from this, work harder, and come back stronger and more focused.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I hope Jimmy R can leave the Crucible feeling that he has been able to give some account of his talents. To do that, he really has to win the first mini-session 4-0 which is vanishingly unlikely (but possible!).

Would love to see Thep do well, but it ain't gonna happen - is it?

H2H suggests Trump should mash Wakelin, but it also suggested he should have mashed Snory Rory.

Milkins will have been on the scrumpy all night and will lose to Robertson

Postby Drew1404

I think saying Higgins has a walkover is a bit harsh on thepchaiya, even though I think Higgins will in. If thepchaiya gets a good start it could be interesting, but if Higgins suffocates him early on which I think he'll try and do, I think it could be an ugly scoreline and difficult to to watch, I just hope thepchaiya is able to show the crowd what he can do, he should have been here ten years ago