Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 25th) Last 32 !!!

Postby Iranu

I'll say this for Robbo, when he wasn't talking about himself he spoke very well in that interview for a supposed favourite who'd lost in the first round.

Good point made about the players ranked 17-32 being more bothered about prize money than the three matches, and saying that the "fatigue" issue is nonsense (I 100% agree) with good examples, and giving Milkins his due.

OK he probably overestimated how well Milkins played, but I think that was so that people didn't accuse him of sour grapes by mentioning his tip, which is fair enough. If he hadn't said how well Milkins had played people would be accusing him of just that.

Not sure about the tip thing. He must have had about 30 new tips this season because he's played like that in 90% of his matches. Not sure I buy that.

He's also nudged Murphy out of the way in the queue to suck Ronnie's sausage.

Tip aside, I don't think that conference was as bad as everyone else does!

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Anyone here who thinks Lisowski could beat Higgins? I think there's no way he will. He might make it a little bit close (like 13:10) but I think Higgins tactical game and experience will be too much.

Lisowski has beaten Higgins in the last few weeks

Higgins not playing to a high enough level to think Jack has no chance

Crucible is a completely different thing than China when Lisowski won. I don't think Lisowski has the allround game and the tactical astuteness to beat Higgins over that distance. What we'll probably see is that Lisowski will lose many frames after having a 30-50 point lead.
Last edited by TheRocket on 25 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
GJ wrote:I get the feeling Hawkins may lose early at the crucible for a change , that tie is primed for the upset and Haotian looked very composed in round 1.

For the sake of a good tournament I hope that we won't see Hawkins in the semis this time. If Haotian doesn't beat him I hope Ding will.

Knowing Hawkins, he'll probably enter Beast Mode and beat Ding in the Quarters, before failing miserably in the Semis and get thrashed rofl

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
GJ wrote:I get the feeling Hawkins may lose early at the crucible for a change , that tie is primed for the upset and Haotian looked very composed in round 1.

For the sake of a good tournament I hope that we won't see Hawkins in the semis this time. If Haotian doesn't beat him I hope Ding will.

Knowing Hawkins, he'll probably enter Beast Mode and beat Ding in the Quarters, before failing miserably in the Semis and get thrashed rofl

He played like a man possessed against robbo and wild said was one of the best session ever and then couldn't pot a ball next day against murphy

<laugh> rofl :gag:

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

It would snake hiss me off no end

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He played like a man possessed against robbo and wild said was one of the best session ever and then couldn't pot a ball next day against murphy

Same thing happened after he beat Ronnie here and last year against Higgins. Ok he made it close against Fu, but in the 1st session he couldn't pot a ball and the damage was already done.

I wont be surprised if we see another typical Hawkins this time...

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

yeah. Pretty much sure if Hawkins gets to the semis the winner of the Williams/ROS match will get to the final comfortably.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Same thing happened after he beat Ronnie here and last year against Higgins. Ok he made it close against Fu, but in the 1st session he couldn't pot a ball and the damage was already done.

I wont be surprised if we see another typical Hawkins this time...

He also completely collapsed against Ronnie in the semi-finals in 2014 after going life and death against Dale.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

yeah. Pretty much sure if Hawkins gets to the semis the winner of the Williams/ROS match will get to the final comfortably.

Depends how well he plays in the quarters (assuming he gets there.)

If he scrapes through he has a good chance in the semis.

If he plays Beast Mode in the quarters he'll lose the semi with a session to spare.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I fear Day could see to Ding. Everything he's done this season has turned to gold.

He beat Ding here in 2012 or something like that didnt he?

Could well do the same.

Yea 10-9 from 9-6 down